Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to re-rank my favourite albums 2010, I think High Violet would very nearly be my #1, over This is Happening and Romance is Boring. Still gets better with each listen for me. Miles and miles ahead of Boxer and Alligator. I even enjoyed Runaway this morning. I can't believe it's been like 28 months since it was released.

Pretty sure this is old, but I dont care

218668d1348759328-funny-strange-random-pics-134874.jpg

RlDE THE SAVlNGS
MASTER OF PULLOVERS
...AND FLIP-FLOPS FOR ALL

u2popmofo said:
Explain yourself.

Also, did you ever have a divine fit?

I always found it really boring. Same reason I don't like Green Gloves. It also sucked as an opener. But today I woke up in a crummy mood, and it was raining outside, but still warm, and it sort of clicked I guess.

Not yet. It's been a very busy week. Preparing for grand final day tomorrow, my favourite day of the year. It's going to be a mammoth weekend.

cobl04 said:
Preparing for grand final day tomorrow, my favourite day of the year. It's going to be a mammoth weekend.

W00t! What you doing for it? We're hitting up an early showing of Looper then straight to the pub. Plus it's a long weekend here so the drinking shall continue through Sunday and Monday.

I think we're talking about different codes :wink:

Nonetheless I will be going to my mate's tonight to start drinking and watch the grand final marathon. Then I will wake up hungover Saturday, have a brekky beer, then back to my mate's to start pre-drinking. Then the AFL, then off to another mate's, then god knows what. Sunday recovery, the NRL grand final (with Roy & HG commentating), then to Revolver, then Monday off work :D

I went to a used CD shop today during my lunch break, one I hadn't been too in several months. It was closed. For good. :sad:

It was only a couple blocks away from a college campus, which I guess isn't as good a place to run a record shop as it used to be.

I ended up going to Half Price Books instead and actually found some good stuff, but still a bit sad about losing yet another record shop.

then Monday off work :D

Mad Monday? :wink:

I'm actually having a pretty big weekend. Pre drinks at the pub tonight (the GF marathon with beverages sounds like a great idea!) moving some dirt around Saturday morning before a BBQ and drinks for the rest of the day. Another BBQ and Drinks for the NRL on Sunday. Probably bigger than the previous two (in terms of drinks) which is strange. :wink:

/Resume random music talk

At the risk of people not giving a flying fuck, this Just For Laughs festival is almost over and it's been awesome! I mentioned it a while back, which I'm sure was immediately skipped over by everyone, but how it works is you buy a ticket to see Louis CK (tomorrow night to cap it off) for $100 (sounds expensive, but wait), and you're given 5 credits to go see any 5 of the 41 other comics playing throughout the city over the week. You reserve seats online and when you get to the show, you 'check in' with your phone and the credit is given back to you to reserve another show. So it's kinda unlimited as to how many you can go to. So far this week I've seen

Patton Oswalt
Ari Shaffir
Amy Schumer
Pete Holmes
Todd Barry
Todd Glass
Andy Kindler is tonight at 11
Louis CK tomorrow night

I don't think I've laughed so much in all my life. If it comes around again next year and any of you are in the city, you should definitely check it out

That's awesome JT. An offshoot started in Stdney last year which returns in a few weeks. Takes place over the weekend with a mix of gala showcases and headline slots.

Saw Louis last year. That's going to be an awesome end to the fest, enjoy!

I go to MICF every year (it's my favourite time of year), I saw about 10 shows this year. But I don't think they have anything like that JFL pass. And I'm much less comfortable going to comedy alone than I am music. I wanted to see Louis CK but tickets were in excess of $70. Aziz Ansari is charging $85 :down:

Not that I know of. If I ever see him coming to town, I'll check him out

I saw these two short sets from him

Paul Foot - 2012 Melbourne Comedy Festival Gala - YouTube

Paul Foot | 2011 Melbourne Comedy Festival All Stars - YouTube

And knew I had to go see him live. Some of the most unique, wtf, hilarious comedy I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom