Random Music Talk LXVI: This is not a rutabaga song...this is CELERY SALTY CELERY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 80's and early 90's virtually every CD came in a long box or a similarly sized blister pack. That way the record shops could display them easily in their vinyl bins. Wish I had saved mine as well.

I used to cut out those cardboard longboxes and put them on my bedroom wall in a row.

But when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I very weirdly have only a vague recollection of these long boxes. The ones in my memory aren't as big as the ones look in these pictures.

In the 80's and early 90's virtually every CD came in a long box or a similarly sized blister pack. That way the record shops could display them easily in their vinyl bins. Wish I had saved mine as well.

Weird then that I don't remember this at all.

Did somebody say they were listening to Nocturne?!?!?!

This will be the first time I've listened to anything by Wild Nothing. I have no expectations other than strong approval from a segment of B&C.

Gemini is also an amazing album (IMO), but I have no idea what you'll think of either of them. Your tastes in this area of music are not something am familiar with. But, good music is good music, so hopefully, you enjoy :D

This will be the first time I've listened to anything by Wild Nothing. I have no expectations other than strong approval from a segment of B&C.

I'd say that if you like Beach House, which I know you do, you are likely to enjoy Wild Nothing.

I just bought SHITTY tickets to see Peter Gabriel.

HOLY SHIT. I am seeing Peter Gabriel.

HOLY.

SHIT.

Also, it's time to decide if Travis and I are really going to do this S.S. Coachella thing. This is nerve-wracking.

Travis and I were talking about posing this dilemma to the board, and we both agreed that at the very least you would be the one who would tell us to go just so that we could tell you about it later.

PhilsFan said:
I wish I had more band-related T-shirts. I know you can buy them online, but I don't have a credit card so I only buy shirts when I go to gigs. And I barely ever go to gigs because God hates Philadelphia and its residents abroad, so I only have two (The NASH! and U2).

Sometimes I wonder why I don't own any tshirts that aren't band tshirts. Not entirely true, I have the two free star wars shirts from that video game convention i went to a couple years ago. Otherwise, I went through a phase where I wouldn't leave a show without buying a tshirt from at least one of the bands playing.

I have about five or six but I rarely wear them because they're not very dressy. I've pretty much stopped buying them because all the designs are so uninspiring these days. I don't even own an LCD Soundsystem one.

Not entirely true, I have the two free star wars shirts from that video game convention i went to a couple years ago.

Weren't you the one fulminating about people who make YouTube video reviews being nerds a little while ago? Just saying. :wink:

I have a bunch of band shirts, but only wear a few regularly. I seem to buy many where the size is fantastic the first time I wear it, then it it changes to a children's size the first time I wash and dry it. If I buy a size larger, I'm drowning in the thing. Annoying.

This is pretty much the only band tshirt I wear

1a99e513.png

So I was rear-ended in traffic today while I was sitting still. No obvious damage to the car except that a piece popped off the CD-player. Apparently the piece that makes the damn thing work. So I had a moment of panic when my CD-player was dead thinking that Passion Pit, Flaming Lips, Morrissey, Father John Misty, Belle & Sebastian, and the Beatles were trapped inside my CD-player forever. Then I managed to put the broken piece back on in a sort of half-assed way long enough to hit the eject button 6x to secure the safety of my beloved CDs.

And you know what else?
Fuck you, whiplash.

JC Penny's had a lot of band tees on sale not too long ago. I think I already showed them to you all though back in the day. Anyways, what I was getting at is that I wear this shirt on a weekly basis at this point:

41316_1.jpg

Unfortunately, I was wearing it yesterday when I fell into my aunt's pond.

So I was rear-ended in traffic today while I was sitting still. No obvious damage to the car except that a piece popped off the CD-player. Apparently the piece that makes the damn thing work. So I had a moment of panic when my CD-player was dead thinking that Passion Pit, Flaming Lips, Morrissey, Father John Misty, Belle & Sebastian, and the Beatles were trapped inside my CD-player forever. Then I managed to put the broken piece back on in a sort of half-assed way long enough to hit the eject button 6x to secure the safety of my beloved CDs.

And you know what else?
Fuck you, whiplash.

For the death of your CD player, you were whiplashed to hell and back, you tell them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom