Can someone help me identify this U2 song? Has anyone else heard of this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billy006

Babyface
The song begins with ...

So waiting is over...
Just good feel more for her
Is there a reason good enough for you
Well yes .. love dressed in blue

Would love to send someone the MP3 file..

That doesn't ring familiar. At least, I don't know a U2 song that has any lyrics close to that.

None of those lyrics ring a bell with anything I've heard from them and I've spent way too much time listening to any demos that have leaked over the years.

there are three possible scenarios here...

1. most likely - the mp3 the newbie has isn't U2
  2. least likely - this random newbie stumbled upon an unreleased song, mercy style
  3. always possible - this is sketchy and anyone who receives the file via email should make sure their virus protection is up to to date before downloading anything

Thanks guys for the feedback.
I'd love to come to a conclusion.
I emailed Popmartijn

Let him confirm if it's really Bono or not.. Thanks.

Yeah... by means, virus check it.
it's about 5.7MB size..

there are three possible scenarios here...

1. most likely - the mp3 the newbie has isn't U2
  2. least likely - this random newbie stumbled upon an unreleased song, mercy style
  3. always possible - this is sketchy and anyone who receives the file via email should make sure their virus protection is up to to date before downloading anything
I grew up listening to U2.. You can call me a newbie.. whatever. just know you are a judgmental sob.. Ain't nutting wrong.

Last edited:
Well, Shazam doesn't recognize the song either. But the vocals are definitely not Bono, not even close. The style is also more rootsy than U2, with vocals sounding more like Julian Casablancas from The Strokes. So it's remarkable that someone thought this might be U2.

Well, Shazam doesn't recognize the song either. But the vocals are definitely not Bono, not even close. The style is also more rootsy than U2, with vocals sounding more like Julian Casablancas from The Strokes. So it's remarkable that someone thought this might be U2.

c6943cc0-1c5d-4793-829e-cf6e45e482d8_text.gif

Now that that’s out of the way - welcome, Billy006!

I grew up listening to U2.. You can call me a newbie.. whatever. just know you are a judgmental sob.. Ain't nutting wrong.
Hi!

Let's start over.

Any time a new person posts a unknown lyric that doesn't come up in any Google search at all as being by any artist ever? And asks to send people a file?

Yea, it's normal to be a little suspicious and ask.

I called you a newbie because you joined a few weeks ago and have four posts. On this forum, you are quite literally a newbie. Some of the others that have responded here have been members for over 20 years. That doesn't mean you're a newbie to U2, it means you're a newbie here.

So hey, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

So waiting is over...
Just good feel more for her
Is there a reason good enough for you
Well yes .. love dressed in blue

"Just good feel more for her" is the worst lyric of all time. So maybe Kid Rock?

Back
Top Bottom