Random Music Talk LXVI: This is not a rutabaga song...this is CELERY SALTY CELERY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news, Reggo!

And I like that she chose the name Grimes. Throws you off a bit from the babydoll vocals and ethereal sounds. Looking forward to seeing her next month.

Sounds like you may have found your soulmate.

And I like that you provide a link, as if you hadn't made as all abundantly aware of the existence of Dune over the years.

So help me god, I put the link in there after the initial post praying you'd have something to say about it. I'm not kidding.

I don't think it'd be your cup of tea, DJP.

But Ass Dan is right, I have mentioned the book and/or film a lot over the years in various threads on this site.

Shouty Pop is lurking.

valisgreat.jpg

Not sure if serious.

For my money, the miniseries is a more faithful adaptation than the movie. That's probably blasphemy, though.

You're 100% right. I still prefer the film, but, the mini-series was definitely more faithful. Did you ever see the 2nd mini-series based on the next two books? Horrible, sadly.

Children of Dune, you mean? I've been meaning to check it out but never have.

Yes.

So not good, sadly.

I don't even like talking about the Dune books because once I start I do not stop, so, I shall stop before I start, thus ensuring I never get started, which will relieve me of the burden of having to stop that which I started.

I'm a David Lynch admirer, but even I can't bring myself to watch the film.

The book is sitting on my shelf, and that I am perfectly OK with reading. Soon.

Yes.

So not good, sadly.

I don't even like talking about the Dune books because once I start I do not stop, so, I shall stop before I start, thus ensuring I never get started, which will relieve me of the burden of having to stop that which I started.

Now go home and get your fucking spice box.

NSW, were you around when we were discussing the Arrakis and Geidi Prime mixes of WOWY?

Um, they're fucking awful. A disgrace to their namesakes.

I'm......unaware. Blissfully, my instincts say.

Now go home and get your fucking spice box.

No more spice, Lazzy.

I said, no more spice. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't spice shoes anymore.

How is it possible to have never heard of Dune?

Children of Dune, you mean? I've been meaning to check it out but never have.

I may have mentioned this before, in one of our millions of conversations about Dune on this board, but the guy who directed Children of Dune spoke at my school and he talked to a group of us my Freshman/Sophomore year of college. Twas kind of cool. Though, I'm sad to hear that it's apparently not good.

Dune the book is great, but dear God, that movie offends me on about a million levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom