Random Music Talk LXV: 6400 Posts Have Led Up To This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, that just joined the pantheon of worst videos I've ever seen (not sure how I had not seen it before now).

I am about to make a .gif out of what happens at 2:45

And yeah, :16 - :25 killed me.

Oh shit, that just joined the pantheon of worst videos I've ever seen (not sure how I had not seen it before now).

I am about to make a .gif out of what happens at 2:45

And yeah, :16 - :25 killed me.

A gif from the 2:45 mark would be priceless. And, yeah, it's just....so bad....and so good.....but really bad. Glad you...enjoyed it. :)

Not sure why I was able to do one and not the other :(

Romantics1.gif

Bah, this is the best I can do at 4:30. Maybe something will possess me to try again tomorrow:

Romantics1-1.gif

Romantics2.gif

the tourist said:
Thanks all.

The worst part about it was that we just moved back and didn't have a chance to see him before he passed away. The doctors had given him 3 to 5 years a year ago. It was very sudden. I got a text from my brother this morning that my mom had called him and my uncle wasn't doing well and a doctor told them he had at most two days left. So we were going to see him after work. But maybe an hour after I got that text, my mom called me at work and let me know. It was very sad. I'm kind of numb. I have this image of him playing over and over in my brain - this crazy, gleeful smile while mixing the tiles up between hands on Mexican Train. It makes me smile to think of him that way. This is all jumbled of course with random thoughts. My aunt is doing well considering. Her kids and grandkids and my parents and my brother who lives here and his wife all went over to be with her. I am going to be a pall-bearer.

That sucks a lot. Als is pretty shitty. Sorry to hear that.

Danny Boy said:
Safe to assume they stuck you at the Absolute Beginners table? :wink:

Nah it was general admin so we sat at the Let's Dance table.

It was funny when I took a photo of the Lodger table one of the guys sitting on it was like "oh you like Lodger?" and I was like no, I kinda hate it. And he said "we knew no one was going to sit on this table" and we both had a great laugh.

I sadly am not familiar enough to know the names of any of the members of the 3 bands, so I'm not sure which is which. Even if I did, I'm not sure if I've ever seen any of the 3 front-women. :wink:

Seriously though, which is your fav. music-wise?

It really changes from day to day, mood to mood. Purity Ring probably has my favorite live show of the three even though Claire (Grimes) is the most charismatic performer. Caroline (Chairlift) has one of my absolute favorite voices and is hotter than any human has a right to be. I absolutely love Something, but Grimes and Purity Ring are probably more my style musically.

Visions is probably the best album of the bunch, so we'll go with Grimes for the time being.

Plus she just put out a cool video in which she wears a hat that says "pussy"and carries a flaming sword like she's Beric fucking Dondarrion

But then again, I'm sure I'll hear "Wrong Opinion" or "Fineshrine" later and want to change my answer accordingly.

All set up in State College, gang. About to crack open a cold one and blast great music until my roommate arrives to blast his shitty music.

All set up in State College, gang. About to crack open a cold one and blast great music until my roommate arrives to blast his shitty music.

I can only imagine walking into my dorm room for the first time and being met with Peef's unenthusiastic, disapproving "Hello".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom