Random Music Talk LXI: In Which PFan and GAF Drink a Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belle and Sebastian is a great band :angry:

I mean, I don't always want to listen to them either, just a lot of times.

I always feel slightly, for lack of a better word, senile when I come in this thread. I recognize the avatars and screen names, but I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Can't decide if I'm proud of that or not.

I'm going to see the Black Lips in August and it's summer and I don't have to go to bed early and all that shit, but another fucking band was added to the lineup which makes like three bands and some DJ set. It better start at like 4 or I'll be snoring in the back and they'll have to carry me out to my car without waking me up. I should go to the gig in my pajamas. :hmm:

/oldpersonrant

Danny Boy said:
Purity Ring vinyl arrived today. Nice gatefold sleeve and marbled blue-green vinyl. Looks like the download code is already functional to boot. :up:

Oh good, mine should be here soon then. I'm pretty sure I got one of those first 100 orders Polaroids too.

Let's not fight guyz. I too hate the fact that VW became flag bearers for indie music, because, as jt said, their music just isn't that great. All the people I know with more indie tastes think they're one of the greatest bands of the past five years, when there's many others making better music.

I love Belle & Sebastian. What's not to love?

The Scottish accent. That accent is horrendous and it has prevented me from getting into other Scottish bands, like Frightened Rabbit and We Were Promised Jetpacks. Just can't get past the vocals.

Purity Ring sounded GREAT live, like a band with five times their experience. I'm definitely looking forward to the album.

Green day's new single was released today. I have the sinking feeling it's not going to be worth the 25 cents in Amazon credit I used to purchase it. On the other hand, it could be amazing. But probably it isn't.

ETA: :sigh:

Can I say here that I wouldn't listen to Green Day for free?

I got about a minute into it, then couldn't bring myself to finish, it was too depressing.

I'm-a go cry myself to sleep, k?

Reggo said:
I got about a minute into it, then couldn't bring myself to finish, it was too depressing.

I'm-a go cry myself to sleep, k?

Did you listen to it with a warning it would be bad? Sometimes it's better to live without warning.

I don't mind Green Day, myself. But I do remember not being much of a fan of them when I was younger, so I can understand other people not getting into them.

Good lord, I do.

And wasn't there a female response song as well, if I recall rightly?

Also, echoing ryancoke, happy birthday, Cobbler! Hope you have a great one!

Are people who use Twitter to tweet celebrities asking them for a follow or a RT the most pathetic sad fucks on the entire planet?

Says the guy whose shorts get tight in his special area whenever a rapper responds to his tweets

:lol: I'm always joking about that though. (Kind of.) And I never write @BigBoi CAN YOU PLEASEEEEEE RT ME OR FOLLOW ME BACK IM A HUGE FAN IT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE PLEASEEE

And yes, Angela, the response was this, which is amazing because it's exactly the same song, except it's a chick singing and the pronouns have been changed.

Frankee - F U Right Back - YouTube

The original song is no work of art, but Eamon certainly won this one.

joyfulgirl said:
We did stuff like that in college without giving it a second thought. Somehow we felt like nothing bad would happen and somehow nothing ever did. (Don't do it, Peef.)

I listened to A Shame About Ray a few months ago when I was working on a mix for my nephew (the theme was songs that came out the year he was born). I quite enjoyed it.

Is there a rumor going around that I smoke weed? I do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom