Random Music Talk LX: Cori's Skrillex Karaoke was a Tribute to ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious to know how Laz intended to connect the title to redhill. Probably something about genitalia being red.

Oh, come on, she hasn't forgotten the 90s. Remember all that Radiohead material she played on the last leg?

Dammit, I was going to go with "Random Music Talk LX: Throw stones, make fun, make no valid points" in honor of Redhill calling out Cobbler as a troll.

Oh, well. I'll save that one for later.

"Now with 50% more distortion" for me.

Why the hell does Cori only tour Seattle these days? Once she flashed that Washington State flag in her jacket, it's like the rest of the country ceased to exist.

Malkmus is touring here in October with the Jicks... I did like Mirror Traffic but didn't listen to it much, and haven't sought out any of their other records. They don't play any Pavement material do they laz?

For some reason around here every one does country music at the karaoke. I don't really understand why. It's not like this is a heavy country area...or at least it doesn't seem to be.

Hell, I'll go out to Seattle next year for some sort of meet-up. Let's do this shit :hyper: :wink:

Stop tempting me away from my plans to go to San Francisco, :lol: Though an RMT meet-up would be cool.

I'm curious to know how Laz intended to connect the title to redhill. Probably something about genitalia being red.

I was either going to call back a previous joke with "Red Hill Trolling Town" or something along the lines of "As Much Distortion As We Want".

How about "Random Music Talk LX: No More (Social) Distortion"?

Malkmus is touring here in October with the Jicks... I did like Mirror Traffic but didn't listen to it much, and haven't sought out any of their other records. They don't play any Pavement material do they laz?

No. Only at one infamous show, where they played like three songs from each Pavement album:

Muzzle of Bees ? Pavement and the Milwaukee connection

I'd recommend checking out the first solo Malkmus, it's fun, has a lot of variety and is probably the most listener-friendly. If you want something weirder, try Pig Lib (which I still think is his best).

To Malkmus? Fuck yes. Better than a going-through-the-motions reunion show, that's for sure. Maybe it was different for me because I'd seen the band many times in the 90's, but I thought the show I saw was pretty uninspired, and that was at the Hollywood Bowl, for chrissakes.

The Jicks are a more professional, tighter band than Pavement anyway, FWIW. Though the departure of Janet Weiss is unfortunate.

I don't read eykiw, is that why I don't get the distortion thing?

OH MAN.

I love you guys.

*wipes away a fond tear*

I can't even come up with a good joke to go along with what was already offered. I feel so very special.

Back
Top Bottom