Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have Restoration Hardware in the States? I love that store, but everything is too goddamn expensive to buy :(

I don't know what Restoration Hardware is, but I used to visit a used electronics chain called "Hard Off" in Japan. Needless to say, I laughed every time I saw the sign.

RH is very Potty Barnish, but they still have some really cool stuff that you wouldn't find at PB. I pretty much just look through the catalog and try to find something similar elsewhere

Another wonderfully unfortunate sign I used to laugh at, I lived in a city called Ageo for half a year. They chose to abbreviate "Ageo Sewer System" as "A.S.S." in gigantic letters across the side of their office building.

Why they chose to make an English wording abbreviation, I don't know. I always assumed whomever made the decision knew English and thought it was hilarious.

I found cobbler and his girlfriend:

scaled.php

Has someone made a Andre $3000 type comment since the Gillette commercials started?

Careless Whisper is fucking awesome. Karaoke staple

I don't always love Pandora, nor the stations it creates, but I spent like 4 hours today listening to "The Church" radio. I wish Pandora gave you some sort of list of what it's played so I could share a sampling, but it was hot stuff.

EDIT: Here's some of the stuff I marked as "liked" today to give you an idea:

Policy of Truth
How Soon is Now?
Just Like Heaven
I Wanna Be Adored
Lost (The Church)
Space Age Love Song (had NO idea I knew two songs by A Flock of Seagulls)
Ceremony (New Order)
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Your Love (The Outfield [Another song that I can't deny how much I love])
In God's Country
Time After Time
Down Under
Come Undone
Careless Whisper
In A Big Country
Avalon (Roxy Music)
Hold Me Now
The Killing Moon
The Ghost in You (The Psychedelic Furs)
It's My Life
A Letter to Elise
West End Girls

:drool:

That's one hell of a list - especially the first four.

I thought so too, and those were the ones that I wasn't too lazy to tab over to the Pandora page and click like on. Almost EVERYTHING it played was awesome. I don't know if The Church are just that similar to a lot of bands I like, or if Pandora really is just that good. I kind of want to go with the latter, because I've made some Pandora stations that I could screw around with for like 10-15 songs and it would never really quite get in sync with my tastes.

On another random music I'm semi-ashamed to admit I love note: Careless Whisper.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a fine song :yes: :up:.

I don't always love Pandora, nor the stations it creates, but I spent like 4 hours today listening to "The Church" radio. I wish Pandora gave you some sort of list of what it's played so I could share a sampling, but it was hot stuff.

EDIT: Here's some of the stuff I marked as "liked" today to give you an idea:

Policy of Truth
How Soon is Now?
Just Like Heaven
I Wanna Be Adored
Lost (The Church)
Space Age Love Song (had NO idea I knew two songs by A Flock of Seagulls)
Ceremony (New Order)
Love Will Tear Us Apart
Your Love (The Outfield [Another song that I can't deny how much I love])
In God's Country
Time After Time
Down Under
Come Undone
Careless Whisper
In A Big Country
Avalon (Roxy Music)
Hold Me Now
The Killing Moon
The Ghost in You (The Psychedelic Furs)
It's My Life
A Letter to Elise
West End Girls

:drool:

This list, I love it so. I'd happily listen to that.

Oh, it's just a slang term? I did a google search and couldn't find hilarious pill boxes :(

Actually, the first 2 words in the German wikipedia entry for 'antibabypille' are pretty hilarious

djerdap said:
That's the pill, there's a different word for contraception per se.

Still awesome.

I'm reminded of the song Killers by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. I remember kinda liking the song, but I'll never ever listen to the band because their name is just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom