Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've got a DJ Shadow show at the venue tonight. Maybe I'll ask him what he thought of the stupid kid who asked him if he likes Outkast.

We've got a DJ Shadow show at the venue tonight. Maybe I'll ask him what he thought of the stupid kid who asked him if he likes Outkast.

:pray:

Master of Reality was AWESOME. I really didn't like Paranoid much, but this is great.

Somehow I never noticed that Dance Yrself Clean and Home have the same aaahhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhh vocal part. Nice consistency happening there.

ALSO THEY'RE BOTH RIDICULOUSLY LONG LOZOLOLLLLLOKLZ

lol

xHN8B3C.jpg

Obama is in town and ate lunch at a shitty BBQ place instead of our several amazing ones. This is the most riled up about politics I've been in some time.

I passed on seeing St Brycenet when they were here cos tickets were like $90.

Don't ask Shadow what he thinks of hip-hop now if he thought it sucked in 96. It's been asked before by some awesome dude.

I haven't heard Get Behind Me Satan in ages. Hot damn, those drums sound great. Meg :heart:

Hugely underrated album from my perspective. The straight-up blues tracks are a little below par (Instinct Blues vs. Ball and Biscuit isn't even a choice), but they had a pretty incredible left-field pop record on their hands with The Nurse/My Doorbell/Forever For Her/Denial Twist/White Moon/Take Take Take/As Ugly As I Seem/I'm Lonely. Had they really honed in on that it would have overtaken most of their discography IMO.

Is this is a band I should look into?

I love She Sells Sanctuary so, so much, but have never been able to get into much of their other stuff.

Prob. gonna have to buy this Savages album. Too damn many good albums lately, starting to feel overwhelmed.

Speaking of of Savages, I recently saw the Oliver Stone movie of the same name. :huh:

Is this is a band I should look into?

Yes, but I wouldn't bother with anything after Sonic Temple. They sort of lost the plot after that.

Dreamtime and Love are their post punk albums, and they started drifting more toward hard rock with Electric.

They had actually started recording a follow-up to Love called Peace until Rick Rubin stepped in and changed their sound. Peace is available in one of their box sets.

Love Removal Machine and Fire Woman are probably the standouts on Electric and Sonic Temple.

Back
Top Bottom