Random Music Talk CXXXI: Interference Finally Gets Its Revenge on Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That must have been a cool experience.

An absolute classic. It's never been amongst my favourite hip-hop records and I rarely listen to it, it's so insular, but it might be the tightest rap record ever made. Pretty mindblowing from a young artist with no career prior.

Sublime and No Doubt are playing the Coachella festival.. Pearl Jam released a new album. Soundgarden’s Black Hole Sun hit #1 on Billboard’s Rock chart.. in 2024.

Alanis Morrissette is headlining the Pitchfork festival. They used to make fun of her in the 2000s.

Sublime and No Doubt are playing the Coachella festival.. Pearl Jam released a new album. Soundgarden’s Black Hole Sun hit #1 on Billboard’s Rock chart.. in 2024.
And my daughter asked to wear my Sublime t-shirt because it's cool. I asked her if it was cool when I wear it and she said "no".

Anyone listen to Fetch the Bolt Cutters still? I've played it a couple times in recent weeks and it holds up incredibly well. I think the p4k 10 review said something like no music has ever sounded like this, and that's true. It feels invigorating, singular, fierce. And the songs are also really, really catchy. So good.

I listen to it all the time, cobbler. Fetch the Bolt Cutters and The Idler Wheel... constantly fight for the #1 spot as my favorite Fiona album. It's great. So many amazing moments. I love the end of Cosmonauts, the humor of Under the Table, the percussion of Relay, the way she sings "ruminations" at the beginning of Ladies, and the fire that is Shameika. 10/10 album for sure.

Anyone check out this Cindy Lee behemoth yet? 2+ hours and 32 tracks? Got one of the highest ratings Pitchfork has given out in quite a while (9.1).
I just learned today that the leader of the band is formerly of the post-punk group Women, who were awesome in their own right.

Back
Top Bottom