Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. Only now is the air-con starting to get into gear, now it's not so bad.

I'm down south, not too far from the Hills and Marion. The north-east is pretty unfamiliar territory to me, I must say.

I went to the Glendi today, absolutely boiling - $4 Mythos Lagers sucked my wallet dry. Pity there weren't too many people, cause it's always a well-meaning festival. I hope it's bigger next year.

I was working this evening at the Royal Adelaide, and it is getting completely mental - the heat is driving everyone insane I think! We had ambulances literally lined up back onto North Terrace!!
I had planned on going to the Future Music Festival Tomorrow, but it's just going to be too damn hot!!

There's been ambulances everywhere over the past few days, heh. My mum's an ambo officer back on Yorke, she was on call for most of the time I was there.

Yeah, I was wondering how the heat would affect that, too. :( Looks like it'll be a good show anyway, how much are tickets?

These festivals are always more expensive than I expect. The Womad is like, $150 or something? Pretty unreal.

Good choice to just stay home tomorrow, I'd say.

Yes, the news seemed to suggest it was doing pretty well. Being in the Botanics, I imagine it would have been rather nice, despite the heat.

A mate of mine was thinking of going... 'til he noticed the prices. :lol: I would like to go one year, as long as I can bury my head in the ground while the John Butler Trio are playing.

OK, so I wasn't quite out for the night. I did more housework. So here I am for a few more minutes. :wave:

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend! :( I was more interested in the international acts, but you know, different strokes and such.

I've only been to the BDO once, back in 03 - great lineup, at least at the time I loved a lot of the bands there, Foos, MGF, You Am I, Vines, QOTSA. Did you go this year?

Oh hey Axxo!

Hey Mandy, have we sucked you into the postwhorehouse too? :wave:

And glad you're still around, Saddo.

Though I really should be out soon. I have to be up around 8:30am and it's already nearly 1:30am. Oh well, what's more lost sleep?

The Sad Punk said:
I've only been to the BDO once, back in 03 - great lineup, at least at the time I loved a lot of the bands there, Foos, MGF, You Am I, Vines, QOTSA. Did you go this year?

Got to admit, I don't see the appeal in festivals like the BDO. Huge crowds, often full of obnoxious drunk teenagers/twenty-somethings, straining to hear a brief set by bands that tend to not be that good, while dying in a paddock all day and being gouged at food and drink stalls.

That said, if a festival came down here with Porcupine Tree, Pure Reason Revolution, Anathema, Blackfield, Orphaned Land, Agalloch, and so forth, you wouldn't be able to stop me going.

mandy1973 said:
Yep....I stumbled in here by chance, wine glass in hand, and here I am:)

:lol: Yeah, I think half of what goes on in these threads is alcohol-fueled.

The other half is sexual innuendo, of course.

And occasionally somebody mentions U2. What a silly little band - why would we talk about them!

The Sad Punk said:
What's on for tomorrow, Ax? Don't you get to enjoy the extra day off?

My mother's arriving on an early-ish flight.

I don't actually get the day off anyway, as Melbourne University doesn't observe Labour Day, but fuck them. I'm not going to my lecture tomorrow. It's in a non-air conditioned building on a day forecast to be 37C, and my mother's not here very long so I'd rather spend time with her than die in a Holocaust & Genocide lecture.

The Sad Punk said:

Oh hey Axxo!

Hey, no offence taken (i'm pretty much impossible to offend LOL).
I've been to about 10 BDO's now at least - I was at the very first one at Adelaide Uni back in 1993! I was at 2003 - the Fooies were excellent from memory :)

mandy1973 said:
So you guys are getting our heatwave too Axver?

YES. Can it kindly piss off? I think it was worse for you lot today - we only got a little past 33, but it's still nearly 25 right now. Laaame.

The Sad Punk said:
Good on you, Ax. :up: Hope you have a good day with her, then.

Your uni doesn't observe it? I should probably make sure that mine isn't the same.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to her being here for a few days. It was a real pisser when she was in hospital and I was stuck down here.

I don't get why we don't observe it. The Uni of Queensland observes QLD's Labour Day at the start of May, but Melbourne University seems to think it's above the gazetted public holidays. Especially weird as I associate both Labour Day and universities with leftie stuff. You'd think a uni would be the first place to take the day off.

mandy1973 said:

Our holiday tomorrow is Adelaide Cup Day SP, not Labour Day, so you'll be right:)

Wow, I didn't even know there was an Adelaide Cup.

Then again, I suppose you guys kind of need some form of communication to let the rest of us know, and you're still a few decades away from the telegraph yet and the carrier pigeon probably died of dehydration somewhere around Broken Hill.

Then again, I suppose you guys kind of need some form of communication to let the rest of us know, and you're still a few decades away from the telegraph yet and the carrier pigeon probably died of dehydration somewhere around Broken Hill.

I hope not, I put a lot of trust in that bird. He does a pretty pisspoor job with the internet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom