Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, those of you who I e-mailed all that non-album stuff to earlier, I'm sending out the pre-Boy demos now.

Shit, I should've asked this before sending the e-mail, but Saddo, 1. how are you off for early U2, and 2. interested in some stuff?

At the moment, I'm sending out the following:

APRIL 1978 DEMO
- Tonight
- Trevor
- Inside Out
- Jack In The Box

FEBRUARY 1979 DEMO
- Alone In The Light
- Another Time, Another Place
- False Prophet
- Lost On A Silent Planet
(I sent Twilight from this session earlier; it was Another Day's b-side.)

DECEMBER 1979 SESSION
- The Dream Is Over

The first e-mail, which is in the process of sending now, has the February 1979 demos.

WildHoney said:

G'day! :wave:

I'd ask if you'd want the stuff I'm sending out, but anybody with more posts than me really should have every U2 song in existence by now. :wink:

Shit, I should've asked this before sending the e-mail, but Saddo, 1. how are you off for early U2, and 2. interested in some stuff?

Actually, I'm pretty bad for early U2 at the moment, so that stuff would definitely be appreciated. :)

The Sad Punk said:

Actually, I'm pretty bad for early U2 at the moment, so that stuff would definitely be appreciated. :)

Righto, I'll include you in the next e-mails and send you the stuff in the current e-mail afterwards.

As for what I sent out earlier, here's the list:

1. Out Of Control (U2:3 version)
2. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version)
3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
5. Twilight (b-side/demo version)
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart (unremastered)
16. Race Against Time (unremastered)

If you don't have most/all of those, I have that CD in lossless and can burn it for you when we do our trade. Also, I feel bad about that, so in my cleaning that I need to do tonight, I'll go through and find all your boots.

I might be scarce this evening but I need to get things done around the house.

Here's something for Jen, perhaps her favourite cricket moment ever:

simmod.gif

I think that streaker guy's a fucking champion. I love how when the media asked him if he was going to sue Symonds, he replied "no, wake up to yourself"! :lol:

Ugh, why is there never anything on TV? I need to do some ironing but there's nothing to watch while I do it. :mad:

Alright, just sent out what should be my last e-mail for the day with U2 rarities. I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll get more to you in future. :)

Melissa, sometime before next weekend, I'll have to burn some discs for you with this stuff on it.

Axver said:
Alright, just sent out what should be my last e-mail for the day with U2 rarities. I hope you guys enjoy, and I'll get more to you in future. :)

Melissa, sometime before next weekend, I'll have to burn some discs for you with this stuff on it.

:yippie: Wow, thankyou very muchly Ax :D

I'm trying to think of some good stuff from the Melissa collection to copy you as well :hmm:

I'm going to do some Church stuff for you I think ... I'm a huge fan and think they are genius - but I really do think that you'll appreciate their stuff.

Or else :mad:

TranceEnding said:
:yippie: Wow, thankyou very muchly Ax :D

I'm trying to think of some good stuff from the Melissa collection to copy you as well :hmm:

TranceEnding said:
I'm going to do some Church stuff for you I think ... I'm a huge fan and think they are genius - but I really do think that you'll appreciate their stuff.

Or else :mad:

:lol: Yeah, I've been wanting to hear some of their stuff.

Are data CDs OK, or do you need audio discs? Basically, I can fit a stack more music onto a data CD. Then you could put it in your computer and play it, but you couldn't use it in a stereo or anything. If I do audio CDs, I'll have to be more selective with what I include.

I think I need audio discs :uhoh: Is that alright??? Oh crap, I'm so computer challenged. I just don't have any speakers on this comp, so I just don't think to play music on it. My sis popped a CD in the other day and listened to it on headphones though.

What does that mean :huh: :wink:

audio discs to be on the safe side :wink:

Is it alright if I do the same for your CDs???

You will love the Church :yes: I must convert you :wink:

Wow what the fuck, I completely cold fell asleep for a while. :ohmy: Too much beer during the day, perhaps.

If you don't have most/all of those, I have that CD in lossless and can burn it for you when we do our trade. Also, I feel bad about that, so in my cleaning that I need to do tonight, I'll go through and find all your boots.

A copy of that disc wouldn't hurt either, actually. I'm not fussed with when the trade goes down, I haven't collected any blanks yet.

TranceEnding said:
I think I need audio discs :uhoh: Is that alright??? Oh crap, I'm so computer challenged. I just don't have any speakers on this comp, so I just don't think to play music on it. My sis popped a CD in the other day and listened to it on headphones though.

What does that mean :huh: :wink:

audio discs to be on the safe side :wink:

Is it alright if I do the same for your CDs???

You will love the Church :yes: I must convert you :wink:

Oh, no, it's no problem! I'll just have to be a bit more selective with what I include. I could probably fit about 5x the amount of music on a data disc as I can on an audio disc. So instead of doing ALL of the rarities I have, I'll just do the ones that are actually good/listenable/decent quality. In other words, I'll include something like The Dream Is Over, but all the recordings of Father Is An Elephant sound like SHIT.

So audio CDs it is, for both of us. :)

Just to jog my memory, can you e-mail me and let me know what U2 stuff you don't have? I can't remember if you said you've got many of the eighties b-sides or not.

The Sad Punk said:
Wow what the fuck, I completely cold fell asleep for a while. :ohmy: Too much beer during the day, perhaps.

A copy of that disc wouldn't hurt either, actually. I'm not fussed with when the trade goes down, I haven't collected any blanks yet.

:lol: I was wondering where you'd got to.

Righto, I can do that one too then. Hopefully I'll get to the boots tonight. I've got to finish cleaning the lounge first, since my mother will be sleeping in here. I have a tendency to keep most things clean, but to accumulate small piles of random junk in the corner ... now I've no idea where to put the bloody stuff. Ugh, cleaning sucks.

Axver said:

1. Out Of Control (U2:3 version)
2. Stories For Boys (U2:3 version)
3. Boy/Girl
4. Another Day
5. Twilight (b-side/demo version)
6. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
7. Touch
8. Things To Make And Do
9. J. Swallow
10. A Celebration
11. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
12. Boomerang I
13. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
14. Boomerang II
15. Deep In The Heart (unremastered)
16. Race Against Time (unremastered)

I have all these tracks Ax, but of course, it's all on vinyl and I don't have a turntable to play them on :sad: Far out, some of these songs I haven't heard in YEARS. So, if you are able to copy any of these tracks, I'd really, really appreciate it :D

Night Melissa, have a good one. :wave:

Righto, I can do that one too then. Hopefully I'll get to the boots tonight. I've got to finish cleaning the lounge first, since my mother will be sleeping in here. I have a tendency to keep most things clean, but to accumulate small piles of random junk in the corner ... now I've no idea where to put the bloody stuff. Ugh, cleaning sucks.

Hey, at least you're actually cleaning things up. That's already a +1 against me. :lol:

Now to search for some cold water to drink...

TranceEnding said:
I'll email you anyway Ax, but I think I need to go to sleep! I'm just exhausted now!

Goodnight all

:wave: :hug:

Sounds good. I can certainly copy the b-sides collection for you, and there will be room on the disc to fit a few more songs too.

Have a good night! :wave:

So this is where everyone is! or where everyone has just left! :grumpy:

I'd have been here earlier but it was just too fucking hot to sit in front of a PC. Fuck why does it have to be 40 fucking degrees in this city, 2 days in a row! And for the rest of the fucking week! :scream:

blueeyedgirl said:
So this is where everyone is! or where everyone has just left! :grumpy:

I'd have been here earlier but it was just too fucking hot to sit in front of a PC. Fuck why does it have to be 40 fucking degrees in this city, 2 days in a row! And for the rest of the fucking week! :scream:

You need to keep up with our world tour.

Fucking hell, this hot weather sucks. I'm trying to clean my lounge right now and just dying of the heat. WHAT HAPPENED TO AUTUMN.

No kidding. And I was outside for a good part of the day, too. :huh:

Another day over 34 tomorrow and this'll be the longest heat wave in March here for about sixty years. And it's especially annoying, because Autumn when it's actually Autumn is my favourite season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom