Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - how much is U2.com membership/LiveNation membership? And when are those presales?

ps. I love you for helping me

U2.com membership is US$50 for a new membership ( I think ) . . . but I'd be double checking that joining now would get you a presale code . . . no sense spending that dosh if you don't need to . . . :)

Live nation is free . . . but from what I've read here, the real key is getting the code posted on facebook . . . and a few people seem to have been lucky and wound up with GA's through the Live Nation pre sales :)

Not sure if Ticketek / Ticketmaster will also get a presale as well, but that would be worth looking into as well . . . free also and from what I understand, each presale (U2.com / Live Nation etc) all get an allocation of seats so it's pretty much first in best dressed where all pre-sales are concerned :)

Good luck Mr.V . . . sending you a tonne of successful ticket purchasing vibes :D

Were there also GA tix during that presale?

Not for Perth, there were no GA tickets in the Perth Live Nation presale. (And then no presale for the second Perth concert because if you are going to screw over a city you may as well do it twice )

Having said that Im mega pleased that U2 are actually coming to Perth!

Not for Perth, there were no GA tickets in the Perth Live Nation presale. (And then no presale for the second Perth concert because if you are going to screw over a city you may as well do it twice )

Having said that Im mega pleased that U2 are actually coming to Perth!

:ohmy: wow, I didn't realise that there were no GA's in the presale for Perth; that sucks! . . . you did get tickets to both shows though didn't you?

:pray: on your behalf

:ohmy: wow, I didn't realise that there were no GA's in the presale for Perth; that sucks! . . . you did get tickets to both shows though didn't you?

:pray: on your behalf

I got GA tickets in the u2.com presale for the first Perth show, and GA tickets in the general sale for the second Perth show. It was the Live Nation presale where there were no GAs for Perth. I was in charge of buying some tickets for some friends and failed.

< always helps to read a post properly :reject: . . . your friends could potentially pick up tix a little closer to show day though . . .mebbe not ga's but there are always those last minute corporate jobs that are released as late as show day

so glad to hear you got your tix though beli . . . I wish I could swing Perth but the general expense involved in getting there and having to take leave without pay means unless the lotto ball drops I'm sticking to the east coast :( . . . can not wait to hear what the shows there are like though; have a feeling they will be THE shows to be at this tour round :hug:

Ok I know this isn't the most specific thread to ask this but the sydney thread isn't getting much action and am anxious for a reply :wink:

I guess it's kind of aimed at Sydneysiders but I was wondering that when I go to the concert on the 13th/14th, would I be able to make the last train out of Olympic Park station after the concert or would that be pushing it? I think that's like between 11-12 sometime after a bit of research? thanks:wave:

Also as we all seem to think that a 3rd Melbourne show is waiting in the barriers, is that most likely to be the Saturday night? the 4th?

Sorry for all the dodgy questions :lol:

auckland presale starts in 16 hours

4pm monday in auckland
9pm sunday in arizona

Ok I know this isn't the most specific thread to ask this but the sydney thread isn't getting much action and am anxious for a reply :wink:

I guess it's kind of aimed at Sydneysiders but I was wondering that when I go to the concert on the 13th/14th, would I be able to make the last train out of Olympic Park station after the concert or would that be pushing it? I think that's like between 11-12 sometime after a bit of research? thanks:wave:

Also as we all seem to think that a 3rd Melbourne show is waiting in the barriers, is that most likely to be the Saturday night? the 4th?

They put on extra trains and buses for big concerts at Homebush, or at least they did for the Vertigo shows.

Have a look at the time tables closer to the date and you should see them rescheduled. Don't forget your U2 tickets cover public transport costs.

They put on extra trains and buses for big concerts at Homebush, or at least they did for the Vertigo shows.

Have a look at the time tables closer to the date and you should see them rescheduled. Don't forget your U2 tickets cover public transport costs.

Thanks! :lol:

PRESALES take place on Monday Sept. 6th at 4PM until Tuesday Sept. 7, 2PM for the second show in Auckland, NZ - 26 Nov., 2010.

PRESALES take place on Tuesday Sept. 7th at 9AM until Wed. Sept. 8 at 2PM for the second shows in Melbourne, AU - 3rd Dec., 2010, Brisbane, AU - 9th Dec., 2010 and Sydney, AU - 14th Dec., 2010.

If you choose to renew your U2.com subscription now, to obtain an additional presale code, your new 12 month term will be added to the end of your current term.

You'll also receive a copy of the limited-edition CD 'U2 DUALS' , a specially commissioned collection spanning two decades on which U2 collaborate with other bands and singers. 'U2:DUALS' is part of our 2010/2011 Subscription offer. (While stocks last, if you haven't yet received a copy of Artificial Horizon, you might want to choose that instead.)

Am I also seeing correctly in the FAQ...now you CAN buy up to four tickets to ANY show? It reads that way. So technically I can get 3 single tickets to 3 different shows?

So did u2.com change the FAQ's again? No where does it say now that the allocation for the Aus/NZ shows has to be in ONE transaction. Why don't they make up their minds.

Last edited:
I received an email from u2.com that contained the same 2 pre-sale codes that I used last week. I suppose these can't be used again. However it seems weird that they would re-issue the same codes. Surely they could cross check with ticket master and ticketek and only re-issue codes that weren't used in the first pre-sale. Confusing.

There'll be plenty of extra trains added. Extra public transport will be laid on for the gigs in all cities.

As for Melbourne, yeah, if a third show does come to fruition, it'd be on the 4th.

I received an email from u2.com that contained the same 2 pre-sale codes that I used last week. I suppose these can't be used again. However it seems weird that they would re-issue the same codes. Surely they could cross check with ticket master and ticketek and only re-issue codes that weren't used in the first pre-sale. Confusing.

They still list all of my codes, including the ones I used for all of the 2009 and 2010 European and US shows.

Looks like Ticketec fixed there website to work with 4 tickets no matter which type of seat. Maybe that's why they changed the FAQ. I was able to buy 1 RZ and 3 GA for the 2nd show, but after I bought the 1 RZ, when I went in again with my code it only offered me 3 tickets.

Finished both transactions in less then 6 minutes.

got my ticket. kinda crazy to think i'm will be flying to the other side of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom