Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne is practically sold out

Melbourne
$349.5 Red Zone sold out
$299.9 Level 1 singles
$299.9 Level 2 singles
$229.9 Level 1 singles
$229.9 Level 2 singles
$174.9 Level 1 sold out
$174.9 Level 2 sold out
$174.9 Level 3 singles
$109.9 Level 3 sold out
$99.9 GA sold out
$39.9 Level 1 sold out
$39.9 Level 2 sold out
$39.9 Level 3 sold out

Prepare to roll your eyes at a "friend-of a friend-of a friend-told me" story :rolleyes: One of my sister's work collegues has a partner who works for Ticketek Marketing. He builds the date info into the website. He hasn't been approached for a 2nd Sydney show yet, & as need he needs a couple of days to lead into it, sales definitely won't be today or Monday.

It takes ticketek a couple of days to prepare? Yeah, I suppose if I was building a web site with the crash and burn reliability of their web site it would take me days as well. It would actually take effort to make it that bad.

Mr V, don't despair just yet, when they say "sold out" there are always ticket drops a month or so down the track. Vertigo I got Melb and Syd tickets at least a month after they first went on sale. Our awol mate reptile got a ticket to Melb on the AFTERNOON of the show (radio announced a last allocation of tickets). There is always a way!!!!

whoops, forgot i checked this during the presale. At Etihad, rear seating, FOR ALL LEVELS, from aisle 43 to aisle 6 are all $40! From what I've read, take level 2, great views!
cool, i will keep this in mind!
Yeah, hotel prices are flying up by the minute. Friend just booked Brissie... Hope plane fares stay a bit more stable!
lucky i'm crashing at my cousins... but if there is a second show the following night i doubt i'll have the money... :yikes:
They are the people who get the shits when others stand.
They are also the ones that get tickets to go to the AFL grand final when they have never been to a match all year and don't support either team :angry:

this this this this this.

fucking destroys my soul.

at the Melb gig in 06 i sat next to a woman who had her legs crossed and arms folded for nearly the entire show, golf-clapped at the end of songs, and was annoyed when i stood up from Vertigo onwards.

Hi Alisaura!

I shouldn't be talking! I've been lurking today because I'm at work and keep refreshing my screen whenever I can to find out more ticket sales info. Looks like there'll be no more today then... Has Perth 2 sold out?

You probably don't remember me :wink: We met up in Melb once, probably '99 or 2000.

Nope, GA still there for Perth 2, and Perth 1 still has seats available.

Surely how had is it for Ticketek to say "oh look there will be a second show in City X, stay tuned for details or tickets on sale 10th September"

^ that's what shits me.

how the fuck can Livenation say "oh, we're so exhausted, being on the computer for five hours today has really taken it out of us, we're going to have two and a half days rest now"

Woah, for once I have good financial timing. Pay-day AND I got my bond back from the place I just moved out of. :D

Not that it's going to last long... :lol:

Mr V, don't despair just yet, when they say "sold out" there are always ticket drops a month or so down the track. Vertigo I got Melb and Syd tickets at least a month after they first went on sale. Our awol mate reptile got a ticket to Melb on the AFTERNOON of the show (radio announced a last allocation of tickets). There is always a way!!!!

I hope so :(

^ that's what shits me.

how the fuck can Livenation say "oh, we're so exhausted, being on the computer for five hours today has really taken it out of us, we're going to have two and a half days rest now"

And the fact that Melbourne must nearly be sold out, makes me think someone triggered Perth a little too early.

ooooh I live in hope too . . . decided at the last minute, that stuff the hublet, this may be my last chance to see my favourite band whilst I still posses the majority of my faculties :)shifty: <old> :shifty: ) and tried all morning at work for GA's to Melbourne . . . :scream: and didn't get em . . . and am actually quietly devastated :sad: . . .really hoping to get lucky with a ticket drop or new show . . . plus fingers crossed for sydney red zone in show 2 . . . :pray: for me and I'll :pray: for you Mr V :)

Is there any precedent for a ticket vendor saying "Oops, that was an accident, show's off, everyone gets a refund"?

GA and RedZone sold out for Perth2, so don't think they triggered it too early. Hoping seats sell out soon... really want a Perth3 - people are going crazy in Perth for U2 atm, so guarantee it'd sell well - people doing all 3, or going to 3 that can't make it to 2.

I'd buy em anyway....

I can’t see them not putting on a second Sydney show. Most of the costs associated with putting on the show are in the physical transport, getting the thing around and up and down. They cover that by putting on one show. Another show is just cream, and in a market like Sydney, they will go for the cream. Even if it only sells 75% of the tickets (which it will, because let’s face it, most people going to show 1 will go again), then they only have to cover the cost of venue hire and electricity.
i totally agree, son. i'd be surprised if any city doesn't get two shows.

hey d.darroch, you seem to think these $40 seats give a pretty good view of the claw? i've got GA for Melbourne and Brisbane, but if it's worth getting a seat for a real view of the claw, i might try it...
i did them in chicago, i liked them. good views for sure as long as you're okay with u2 not facing you the whole time. they all make an effort (even larry), but most of the time you see their backs. but i'd rather see that than them being ants, personally.

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

And some of you are mad for not snapping up Sydney tickets. If you're blowing too much cash elsewhere, just grab a couple of cheap seats up the back and enjoy the atmosphere of one of the seriously huge U2 gigs.

ln just sent me an e-mail (two minutes ago, anyway) telling me u2 have just announced a new event here.

thank god i don't rely on this shit for when i can buy tickets or anything.

i did them in chicago, i liked them. good views for sure as long as you're okay with u2 not facing you the whole time. they all make an effort (even larry), but most of the time you see their backs. but i'd rather see that than them being ants, personally.

ooh, this has dampened by zeal a bit.

I did not see a second Perth show coming, let alone an immediate sale! I managed to get a ticket by typing slowly on my hellophone whilst sitting on the school oval watching my kiddies carnival. Not the ideal way to do it, but its done. Talk about heartattack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom