Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about an additional 15,000 20,000 extra tickets per show because of the 360 configuration so if anything that's why they are not instant sell outs.

Ali you going to Perth?! I'll see you there! You should come to Muse on the 19th! Tickets are still available! :D

Ahh they are bringing two? I thought it might be too expensive to ship two over and thats why they had such big gaps, but it makes more sense, they'd be in a real rush to get from Syd to Perth in 5 days!
Still just think the dates for Melbourne and Bris are so strange right in the middle of the week, esp Melb... but I guess when second concerts are released we could see why?

I wonder how quickly a show would want to sell out before it justifies a second gig...? Am a little worried for Melbourne, but it's only been 90 minutes I suppose. Did the presales really absorb a lot of the more frantic demand, or is the lack of exposure NLOTH got making an impact?

Last time, Melbourne sold out in two hours.

And I'm pretty sure Auckland's sold faster this time than last time, or at least it hasn't sold any slower.

Sydney is selling much slower then Brisbane, but admittedly is at a much larger venue:

SYD
P1 Single seats only
P2 Available
P3 Available
P4 Available
P5 - Arena Standing Limited seats only
Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
P7 Available
P8 - Alcohol Free Available
P9 - Alcohol Free Available
P10 - Alcohol Free Available

BRIS
Pl1 Available
Pl2 Available
Pl3 Single seats only
Pl4 Limited seats only
Pl5 - Arena Standing Limited seats only
Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
Pl7 Single seats only

Go Queensland! I thought it was only sporting events you NSW fellas never bothered showing up to? :D

Although Ticketek.com says Sydney P1 tickets are "single seats only" it just allowed me to select 3 adjacent seats in bay 129-1 row 5 (the $300 seats less than half way back), almost 2 hours into sales. And I got onto the website first time.

I think they'll be disappointed with today's sales. And while I expect a 2nd concert will be announced for Sydney, I don't think it'll be today. But it also improves our chances of a second pre-sale.

AC/DC and Bon Jovi will have exhausted a lot people's appetites to go to a 'big show'. I would not be surprised if Sydney didn't get a 2nd show.

I dunno. maybe its exhausted their wallets. but there's a lot of people that would still see U2 over either of those two, and vice versa.

AC/DC and Bon Jovi will have exhausted a lot people's appetites to go to a 'big show'. I would not be surprised if Sydney didn't get a 2nd show.

I think pricing had a part to play too. General admission were OK at $100 but $174 for nosebleed seats and $300 for side views (and, at best, 45+ metres from centre stage) is a bit pricey. And $20 booking fee is ridiculous.

Casual fans who are also thinking of attending the upcoming Ashes series, NRL/AFL finals, Bon Jovi etc are probably thinking "nuh" to shelling out $200+ for average U2 seats.

I dunno. maybe its exhausted their wallets. but there's a lot of people that would still see U2 over either of those two, and vice versa.

Well I certainly hope we see a second show for Sydney as I didn't get any tickets! :|

All GA tickets were sold out in less than half an hour.

I hope they don't have the sale for the 2nd show starting immediately as I have to go to uni and wouild miss out again.

Well I certainly hope we see a second show for Sydney as I didn't get any tickets! :|

All GA tickets were sold out in less than half an hour.

I hope they don't have the sale for the 2nd show starting immediately as I have to go to uni and wouild miss out again.

Perth II is on sale now. Sydney is gonna get at least 2 shows, mate.

At least it's a good way to get those very high demand tickets (RZ & GA), for those on the ball. I was just offered RZ for Perth 2.

Looks like I'll be hanging on to my presale code for another couple of years.

I keep refreshing for Melbourne and ticketek...but nothing is changing there. Its bizarre that Perth II went on sale within 20 minutes of Perth I....and Auckland went on sale well before everything else, and nothing has been added there!

I'm wondering if Ticketec just doesn't have the capability to add and start selling a 2nd show so easily like Ticketmaster.

I'm wondering if Ticketec just doesn't have the capability to add and start selling a 2nd show so easily like Ticketmaster.

Or even ticketmaster made the mistake of putting it on sale too early?

I know for Green Day last year (which was Ticketek) second shows went on sale at 10am that same day.

Bloody hell they must be going crazy in Perth if that's sold out already. But then again, they haven't had a gig since '98.

Thats an understatement!!! :applaud:

Got pre sale GA for perth, got GA for melbourne and tixs for 2nd Perth sunday :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've got a reliable source that subi oval is also booked for friday night.....so who knows a possible 3rd show :love::love::love:

Could be completely wrong, but if they have announced a 2nd show for Perth then you would presume there will at least be 2 shows everyhwere else...They probably released that first because out of all the possible 2nd shows that would be the most likely not to sell out?

I'm pissed that they are not waiting a week to sell the 2nd show cos I was planning on buying pre-sale for Sydney 2, can't make it to anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom