Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Andrew Cowley for setting up a Facebook page. :applaud:

PS Your wall is visible to the universe. You may want to lock it to friends only.

Welcome! Im a Facebook nerd - lurve, lurve it.

Im amazed at how easy this has been this time compared to Vertigo? Has demand waned? or the tickets too expensive?
you got tickets via presales of course it's been easier :lol:
Haven't had any personal experience, but from what I've read I'd say level 3 will be better than level 1 (as 1 is low & may be effected by the back-of-stage area). Although I'd say Level 2, low row numbers (there's only 11 rows I believe) would be the primo position behind the stage. Aisle 46 should be cool, Edge's side with no obstruction from a CLAW leg.

What row did you get? I believe level 3 averages 24 rows (A being the front), & have seen recommendations not to sit above row J. Also the height of the roof is 125ft above the playing surface. The height of the BONOR spire is 160ft. Looking at the cross-section of the stadium those back rows in level 3 may struggle to see the top of the spire due to the roof. No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it.

ES_seatingplan_2010.jpg

thanks heaps mate, we've got row D, seats 68 & 69, so sounds like we'll be aaaaaalright.

The U2.com presales were this piss-easy for the last Aussie/Kiwi tour too. Thanks to LN, I haven't even had to brave a general sale this time, nice.

The promoters' hype is that demand is actually UP 50%. Given they're pretty invested in positively spinning everything, that may be the "truth" instead of the truth, so you be the judge.

this $18 fee, is that slapped on by live nation? because it does irk me that the $40 seats are actually $50.

i assume you have to pay that as well when going in the general sale...

You get slugged that fee at both presales and general sales. I've copped it for a couple of other bands recently too, Crowdies and Manics.

Yay, more fee gouging?

What made these fee's worse was in the livenation presale for the 1st shows, there was a 2 ticket limit per transaction. So to buy four tickets was an extra $36. RIP OFF!

agreed, but i think that limit was more like "please don't buy more than 2, pweety pwease" because most people i gave the link to bought more than 2.

thanks heaps mate, we've got row D, seats 68 & 69, so sounds like we'll be aaaaaalright.
cool, they'll be great

What made these fee's worse was in the livenation presale for the 1st shows, there was a 2 ticket limit per transaction. So to buy four tickets was an extra $36. RIP OFF!
Yeah, I did two transactions for a total of four $40 seats, so the fees were the price of 1 seat :angry:

agreed, but i think that limit was more like "please don't buy more than 2, pweety pwease" because most people i gave the link to bought more than 2.
For the 1st LN presale, the LN email said 2 tickets, Ticketek said 4 tickets before the sale began. The presale started with a 2 ticket limit, then the dropdown box changed to give quantities of up to 4 tickets. As I've mentioned, for the 2nd presale no ticket limit was mentioned, & the dropdown box went all the way up to a quantity of 10 tickets! I think LN was very happy if tonnes of tickets flew out the door during the presale.

Maybe I should charge everyone I've bought tickets for a $30 holding fee :hmm:
:lol:

So, Melbourne II about to go on general sale ... c'mon people, buy up those tickets, we want a 3rd show! :wink:

Any news on how the sales are going? (Yes i understand that it is 5 minutes past 9!)

I just bought 4 ga's for some friends, got them in less than 3 minutes.
Either I refreshed perfectly at 9:00 or I was just lucky. Easiest tickets to get so far, even when I had the presale codes.

Come ON for a Melbourne 3!!!! That would just top of this year for me.

So, Melbourne II about to go on general sale ... c'mon people, buy up those tickets, we want a 3rd show! :wink:

i kind of don't in a way :reject: my friends will think i'm fucking insane...

"i'm leaving Stereo at about 8 o'clock..."
"what the fuck why?"
"i'm going to see U2?"
"you saw them Wednesday and Friday night!"
"i know and i'm going again..."

Any news on how the sales are going? (Yes i understand that it is 5 minutes past 9!)

I got online at 9.01 and got my third and fourth RZ1 for the kids. I checked back five minutes later and RZ1 all gone, but there were still RZ2. I don't think they will last.

Couldn't pull up a GA just now because I "exceeded the time limit"! :huh:

It only sat there searching for about 10 seconds.

There we go, 9:14 and I can still pull up a GA.

Got what I wanted in presale so I tossed it back. Obviously we can't tell how many are left to go.

Couldn't pull up a GA just now because I "exceeded the time limit"! :huh:

It only sat there searching for about 10 seconds.

That happened to me with Sydney 1, I had seats in Bay 105-1, which were perfect, then got shunted while entering my credit card details a full 45 seconds after selecting the tickets.

Ended up in 106-1, so praying that the diagram of the stadium isn't to scale, because it looks as though they will be partially obstructed

I just rechecked at 9.15am and Adam's R2 popped up. I think people are thowing them back in to see if RZ1 appears. But either side would be good.

The time limit error on ticketmaster, is how long you've been looking for tickets in total. At least Ticketek give you a countdown clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom