Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I'd see the day where I was happy to deal with Ticketmaster :lol:

Haha, this happened with Crowded House too - password was meant to be one thing and turned out to be another. We actually guessed the correct password just by running through Intriguer song titles. I tried to apply the same logic here, but couldn't come up with anything that worked.

The actual password works now, just was able to bring up Brissie tickets.

Phew...ticketek finally worked. Wonder if the people who work there (is it a sheltered workshop perhaps) realise how much stress they cause.

Anyway I now have GA's for all 6 of the East Coast shows. Yahoo!!!!!

Phew...ticketek finally worked. Wonder if the people who work there (is it a sheltered workshop perhaps) realise how much stress they cause.

Anyway I now have GA's for all 6 of the East Coast shows. Yahoo!!!!!

was that for the syd 14th show??? that still isnt coming up!!!!!

Ended up working for me, twas a very tense 20 minutes before it actually worked.

I now have GA for all 10 Aust/NZ Shows. Bring on Melbourne 3!!!!

Came home, had dinner, sat on the couch, logged on, brought up the Brissy 2 seats I wanted first go, sorted.

Vertigo was never this chilled!!! :cute:

well, i cracked, and bought $40 seats for Melb 2 and will do so again if there's a third show. i did it on my iphone in the toilet cubicle at work while some bloke next to me was stinking the joint up. i'll probably have a gigantic fucking bill now.

hey darroch, can you tell me, i got level 3 seats, aisle 46 at etihad. do you reckon they will be good?

syd 14th show

settle down mate, i don't think they're even getting a 3rd show

Ok this is probably dumb question of the year but there are no restrictions on selling u2.com presale tickets right? Like there's no membership checks or weird things to worry about?

I find out now that I can't attend a show and just want to make sure :wave: Thanks

Stroke of luck today. Saw there were no Redzones for Brisbane when the sale started so logged off and didn't worry about it. Went back to work and after a while decided to see how things were going and lo and behold there were all of a sudden Redzones! Figured they would be gone by now but I click to buy, but the password doesn't work. So keep trying and refreshing until all of a sudden it works and I got a Redzone, a half hour after the pre-sale was supposed to start.
That password malfunction would have caused a lot of people tension and stress but it won be a top ticket! :hyper:
Now have 1 GA, 1 P1 seat, and 1 RZ. That satisfies me. Just hope everyone else has got what they wanted.

EXCELLENT!

Just got 3 P1's to sydney 2. Hopefully great seats in 105-1

Im amazed at how easy this has been this time compared to Vertigo? Has demand waned? or the tickets too expensive?

Had to camp out last time for 6hrs for show 2 and even more for show 1 in 2006.......

EXCELLENT!

Just got 3 P1's to sydney 2. Hopefully great seats in 105-1

Im amazed at how easy this has been this time compared to Vertigo? Has demand waned? or the tickets too expensive?

Had to camp out last time for 6hrs for show 2 and even more for show 1 in 2006.......

Last time would only have had the U2.com presales right? I'm assuming most people don't even know about the LiveNation ones.

Wow, has anyone noticed the ticket limit for the LN presale has increased from 4 to 10 people? So much for a "strictly limited allocation". I was just able to select 20 tickets together for all price categories (using 2 browsers). So whether your football team would like GA's, the good seats, or those $40 cheapies, you can all hang out together :wink:

I noticed that the LN email (when it finally arrived) mentioned nothing about ticket limits. If this is the way it'll be in the future, who'd fork out the dosh for a u2.com membership, when this free presale offers virtually unlimited tickets, with none of those confusing & inconvenient "one transaction/one show" restrictions.

Guess LN wants this presale to be freely available to the public, with no restrictions, so the ticket sites won't get so smashed on general sale day, & they can break those sale records nice & fast.

hey darroch, can you tell me, i got level 3 seats, aisle 46 at etihad. do you reckon they will be good?

Haven't had any personal experience, but from what I've read I'd say level 3 will be better than level 1 (as 1 is low & may be effected by the back-of-stage area). Although I'd say Level 2, low row numbers (there's only 11 rows I believe) would be the primo position behind the stage. Aisle 46 should be cool, Edge's side with no obstruction from a CLAW leg.

What row did you get? I believe level 3 averages 24 rows (A being the front), & have seen recommendations not to sit above row J. Also the height of the roof is 125ft above the playing surface. The height of the BONOR spire is 160ft. Looking at the cross-section of the stadium those back rows in level 3 may struggle to see the top of the spire due to the roof. No biggie, but just thought I'd mention it.

ES_seatingplan_2010.jpg

Thanks for your review of that section :applaud: I am in seats L2 47, row E, seats 12-9 so its sounding good :hyper:
Unforgettable Fire Tour: Perth
Joshua Tree Tour: London
Lovetown Tour: Perth x 2
Zoo TV Tour: Melbourne
Popmart Tour: Melbourne
Vertigo Tour: Melbourne
Make Poverty History: Front Row YouTube - Pearl Jam & U2 as UJam - Make Poverty History Concert
360 Tour 2009: Houston and Las Vegas
360 Tour 2010: Melbourne x 2 and Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom