Plock, Poland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but it's just another one of those cases of "we wrote this song back then but didn't finish it so now we've done it", and we all saw how well that worked out for Angels Too Tied To The Ground and Wave Of Sorrow ...

Yeah, but it's just another one of those cases of "we wrote this song back then but didn't finish it so now we've done it", and we all saw how well that worked out for Angels Too Tied To The Ground and Wave Of Sorrow ...

So it's a NEWLY recorded song? I've been trying to avoid the thread cause I don't want to hear it yet, but of all the eras where I don't want to hear Bono's current voice, it's this one.

There is going to be unreleased stuff, though, right?

So it's a NEWLY recorded song? I've been trying to avoid the thread cause I don't want to hear it yet, but of all the eras where I don't want to hear Bono's current voice, it's this one.

There is going to be unreleased stuff, though, right?

Yep, I listened to it, and it's very much 2009 Bono. I'd prefer incomplete, untouched UF era material than something that's been "completed" in 2009.

No idea what more will be included on the remaster. Bloody hope there's some genuine UF material though.

Yep, I listened to it, and it's very much 2009 Bono. I'd prefer incomplete, untouched UF era material than something that's been "completed" in 2009.

No idea what more will be included on the remaster. Bloody hope there's some genuine UF material though.

I'm sure there will be. Let's not forget that aside from Wave of Sorrow there was also Rise Up and Desert of Our Love, two very excellent songs imo.

The vocals are new, the music is from 1983, I think.

Suck. But, just like Wave of Sorrow, musically worth it :). I always had wished an instrumental version of WOS had also been included on the TJT remaster.

Speaking of Rise Up, how to cause controversy on EYKIW: claim that Rise Up is better than ISHFWILF.

I genuinely think it is. But then I think ISHFWILF is the second weakst song on JT, so it's not a challenge.

Speaking of Rise Up, how to cause controversy on EYKIW: claim that Rise Up is better than ISHFWILF.

I genuinely think it is. But then I think ISHFWILF is the second weakst song on JT, so it's not a challenge.

Isn't Desert of Our Love the early version of ISHFWILF?

Either way, I like both of them more than SHELLFISH.

Also, way to get ignored in EYKIW? As them who's singing the first verse of Rise Up.

Isn't Desert of Our Love the early version of ISHFWILF?

Either way, I like both of them more than SHELLFISH.

Also, way to get ignored in EYKIW? As them who's singing the first verse of Rise Up.

I don't think Desert Of Our Love sounds like an early ISHFWILF personally. ISHFWILF's working title was The Weather Girls.

You don't think that's Bono in Rise Up's first verse?

Also, turns out White City/Disappearing Act has been mentioned in the past. See this interview with Lanois from 1991, specifically his answer to "Was the recording of The Unforgettable Fire a difficult time?" Also, check out his stupid answer to the RAH question. I do wonder which song evolved out of Tokyo, though ...

I dislike every single unreleased song on the JT remaster. :shifty:

I'm working on that :tsk:

I don't think Desert Of Our Love sounds like an early ISHFWILF personally. ISHFWILF's working title was The Weather Girls.

You don't think that's Bono in Rise Up's first verse?

Also, turns out White City/Disappearing Act has been mentioned in the past. See this interview with Lanois from 1991, specifically his answer to "Was the recording of The Unforgettable Fire a difficult time?" Also, check out his stupid answer to the RAH question. I do wonder which song evolved out of Tokyo, though ...

Neither do I, but I swear that's what everyone kept telling me. Ah well.

Listen to that first verse and try and tell me with a straight face that that's Bono.

Lots of other material he says >_>.

Axver's full and complete* studio JT era ranking:

1. One Tree Hill
2. Spanish Eyes
3. Luminous Times
4. Red Hill Mining Town
5. Exit
6. With Or Without You
7. Mothers Of The Disappeared
8. In God's Country
9. Where The Streets Have No Name
10. Running To Stand Still
11. Bullet The Blue Sky
12. Rise Up
13. Race Against Time
14. Desert Of Our Love
15. Silver And Gold
16. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
17. Walk To The Water
18. Deep In The Heart
19. Wave Of Sorrow
20. Sweetest Thing
21. Trip Through Your Wires

*Bet I've forgotten one or two songs!

Honestly, it's bad, but most of my top ten stuff from TJT would be stuff from that bonus disc :lol:

I'm working on that :tsk:

Good!

Neither do I, but I swear that's what everyone kept telling me. Ah well.

Listen to that first verse and try and tell me with a straight face that that's Bono.

Huh, I don't think I'd seen anyone say that.

Sure, it's Bono. We've had that verse for YEARS. It was featured in those 30 second JT demos clips. If you think that doesn't sound like Bono, check out some of the examples of him snippeting the Howie B Hairy B Mix of Discotheque at the end of Popmart Discotheque performances ... I swear it doesn't sound like Bono at all for some lines.

I have a hard time believing they have that much other material from the era when they allowed 4th of July onto the album.

Then I hear Love Tumbling and remember they were just incredibly stupid around this period.

Good!

Huh, I don't think I'd seen anyone say that.

Sure, it's Bono. We've had that verse for YEARS. It was featured in those 30 second JT demos clips. If you think that doesn't sound like Bono, check out some of the examples of him snippeting the Howie B Hairy B Mix of Discotheque at the end of Popmart Discotheque performances ... I swear it doesn't sound like Bono at all for some lines.

:wink:

Maybe it was Chass who told me that? I really don't remember now, it was during my absence from the forum.

Ah ok, well, knowing me, I have definitely not heard any of that material, never been a big fan of clips. (Though I am always on the look out for UT demo stuff, we know.)

Ah ok, well, knowing me, I have definitely not heard any of that material, never been a big fan of clips. (Though I am always on the look out for UT demo stuff, we know.)

You really aren't missing much with the clips ... though interestingly, only Rise Up has actually surfaced from them, so we know U2 have more JT stuff in the vaults. One of the clips is an early Walk To The Water and another is an early Race Against Time, but at least three or four others were songs that haven't been released.

Then I hear Love Tumbling and remember they were just incredibly stupid around this period.

Times fuckin' two.

So, Ax, I was on RYM fixing the overhyped ratings I had on there, when I noticed I gave a Marillion albuma fucking 4.5 :lmao:. I had some issues earlier this year, it would seem.

relistening to it now to try and more properly rank it.

Wow, I don't think I ever rated any Marillion that high. :laugh: I assume I probably have Misplaced Childhood on 4 stars ... I assume that's the album in question for you too?

Wow, I don't think I ever rated any Marillion that high. :laugh: I assume I probably have Misplaced Childhood on 4 stars ... I assume that's the album in question for you too?

Nope, Afraid of Sunlight. I don't remember who told me to listen to it now. I thought it was you, but now I think it might have been Liam? I don't recall.

So far, it's, at best, a 3.5. Though I do enjoy it.

Wouldn't have been me, since I haven't actually heard Afraid Of Sunlight!

marillion2007.jpg

From left: Brian Eno, Edge, Bono, Larry, Adam after a year-long case of the munchies.

Wouldn't have been me, since I haven't actually heard Afraid Of Sunlight!

It's pretty good.

I was just about to comment that this particular song is beautiful. I was shocked to discover, however, that the name of the song, is in fact..."Beautiful". :lol:

I was thinking the same thing until the I heard what I assume is the chorus and the part after it; that song has potential to say the least. Hoping it's not complete failure

I kind of like Wave of Sorrow, it's not bad same with Angels except I just like that for the music

I was thinking the same thing until the I heard what I assume is the chorus and the part after it; that song has potential to say the least. Hoping it's not complete failure

I kind of like Wave of Sorrow, it's not bad same with Angels except I just like that for the music

I do LIKE Wave of Sorrow, but hearing it among the other 1986/7 stuff, it hurts to hear how now awesome Bono's voice was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom