PLEBAns--Which shows are you attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoFox1 said:
SAN DIEGO OPENER 3/28!!!!!
STAPLES LOS ANGELES 4/4 AND 4/5

*YAY*:D
:lmao: I love what you put in your profile under "location." I think we ALL feel that way. I'm starting to sell my shoes on Ebay :D

San Diego 1 - GA

Los Angeles 1 - SEC 117 & 2 - SEC 118

Seattle 1 & 2 - GA

Trying hard to get a San Jose 1 ticket since I already booked my hotel and flight before the tickets even went on sale! :lol:

:huh: And I'm waiting for my Mom to make up her mind about going to one of the Anaheim shows with me. Could take her to Seattle 1 but she doesn't think she'd be able to handle GA at 62. She's a tuff cookie I think she could. :D

elevation2u said:
how do you guys afford this? bank robberies?:|

I missed out on lots of shows in the 90's because I was a poor student :( I've waited a long time to be able to afford to go to so many shows, and I'm definitely going into debt--but it's worth it :)

ruffian said:

I missed out on lots of shows in the 90's because I was a poor student :( I've waited a long time to be able to afford to go to so many shows, and I'm definitely going into debt--but it's worth it :)

me too, I feel like I'm making up for lost time (I was 22 before I went to my first concert and then it was a few years (after college) until my next one). I'm a late bloomer as far as concerts go :reject:

WildHoney said:

I'll wave from the seats at London(both shows) Dublin Sat show and cardiff!!!

I'll get Bono to blow you a kiss!!! lol!!
I'll be up there only in my dreams!!! But it wont be without trying very hard!!!:wink:

susanp6 said:
I am SO envious of you Bono's Tart! Is it ok if i admit that!

And you are going to Glasgow too!! Woo-hoo! :rockon:

seats for me, unfortunately! But i will be hoping some extra tix get released nearer to the gig, as i'm so desperate to be at the front! :yes: Me wants front! Btw, i read what you said about not being able to describe stories of meeting the band because of bitchy remarks :madspit:

I, for one would love to read ANY of your stories!

I am always envious, of course of any new encounter a fan has with Bono, but hey, i'm still happy for them&want to know all about it! So don't hold back on ever giving me all the details! :up:

All the stress with the pre sales and the mess ups with TM have actually made me ill I have been off work 2 weeks with an upset stomach and a virus!!
My boss said its U2 induced stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!:wink:

Anyway it will all be worth it to see them live again being at JR Show taping just made me want the tour even more even though we all have the lived DVD s its still not the same as the real thing!!!
:drool:

As for being able to afford to go?

I havent had a birthday or Christmas present for 2 years :sad: and I wont get any birthday presents this year as my birthday is the 2nd June just before the UK dates so plenty of cash for merchandise!!!!
I just saved up the cash from that and any overtime I did went into my tour kitty!:wink:
Mind you after paying for what we have and all the hotels and the Dublin flights we need to save up again to go anywhere else now.

elevation2u said:
i barely scraped up for mine, and then i also had to buy the plane ride back home.. but as college student its not so easy especially when my parents dont help me at all

Ditto, no help from parents ever b/c they have no money either. I work 32 hrs a week (two jobs) and I'm a full time student trying to pay rent, tuition, utilities, books, food, clothes, etc. I recently took out two additional student loans for the class I did in Africa and while there, decided to keep my spending money for the tour which is what I used for my GA ticket. I'm also working my spring break to pay for the tickets for the second concert.

here's another thought: many of us who can now FINALLY afford to fly places to go and see the band are inevitably among the *oldest* in the crowd. :lol:

so true - when I was in college I would not have been able to afford the tickets - now I've been working a bit of overtime to help balance out the cost - plus my friend the Ramon Noddle and I are spending some time together :D

ruffian said:
here's another thought: many of us who can now FINALLY afford to fly places to go and see the band are inevitably among the *oldest* in the crowd. :lol:

:yes:

I was way too poor to see them in the 80's and was busy raising kids in the 90's. My time is finally here and I'm not missing it for anything!

I went into serious credit card debt to seem them for the first time during Elevation but it was so worth it!

egyptluvr said:
Ruffian - I totally agree with you! I guess it is a perk of getting older! :lol:

hehehe--well, there must be SOME dang benefit :lol:

Bono's American Wife said:

I was way too poor to see them in the 80's and was busy raising kids in the 90's. My time is finally here and I'm not missing it for anything!

I went into serious credit card debt to seem them for the first time during Elevation but it was so worth it!

I remember when I was in grad school--everyone was going to see the ZOO tour and I was like: "um, I have to write a paper and my electricity is about to get cut off." I was so bitter! You're right, it is finally our time :)

ruffian said:

hehehe--well, there must be SOME dang benefit :lol:

I remember when I was in grad school--everyone was going to see the ZOO tour and I was like: "um, I have to write a paper and my electricity is about to get cut off." I was so bitter! You're right, it is finally our time :)

During ZooTV I was in High School didn't have a clue about it!!

Well, I was in Grad School during Elevation and let's just say I skipped classes and accrued credit card debt.

Now, well I'm a single mom with a new job, student loans up to my ears still paying off some of that credit card and well a U2 tour doesn't happen very often so the debt is worth it!

skjuls said:

Now, well I'm a single mom with a new job, student loans up to my ears still paying off some of that credit card and well a U2 tour doesn't happen very often so the debt is worth it!

...and then you have to deal with childcare, too, which I'm sure makes it even more challenging. we'll get our money's worth at the shows:dance:

i'm putting a thread on PLEBAns on crazy things people have done to buy tickets...bet there are lots of interesting stories out there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom