PLEBAns--Which shows are you attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luckily, I get a 65% subsidy for my childcare right now which is sweet!

I forgot to add that I bought two interference.com t-shirts (however, I found an online coupon and got 4 dollars off) and then went over to Guinness.com and bought some merchandise (I'm a 1759 member so I got 10%).

I cannot spend anymore, cannot spend anymore.

Ruffian, this is why I had to find a cheap inconvenient flight to SD (arriving at 8 pm).

Hi!

Well....let's see.....I live in Florida USA.......so I guess I'll catch the bus to the Copenhagen event..........:eyebrow:

carol
wizard2c

ruffian said:
here's another thought: many of us who can now FINALLY afford to fly places to go and see the band are inevitably among the *oldest* in the crowd. :lol:

:madspit: Quite true though. :D

I've never seen the boys play live. I couldn't afford it when I was growning up. So I'm making up for lost time :wink:

ruffian said:

I remember when I was in grad school--everyone was going to see the ZOO tour and I was like: "um, I have to write a paper and my electricity is about to get cut off." I was so bitter! You're right, it is finally our time :)

I'm in grad school now and will have a huge paper to write (and 57 portfolios to grade) in the weeks leading up to Philly 2, but the show fits right between the end of my spring semester and the start of my summer teaching. :applaud:

I missed Elevation because I was in the middle of a big move and only got to see one Popmart show, so I can't wait. I'm already saving up for a few more third leg shows!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I'm in grad school now and will have a huge paper to write (and 57 portfolios to grade) in the weeks leading up to Philly 2, but the show fits right between the end of my spring semester and the start of my summer teaching. :applaud:

I'm on sabbatical this semester so no teaching till September!! 57 portfolios to grade? :sick: i feel for you :(

My sis Swandiver and I are going to Chicago May 9. We are both *way* older, having spent the 70s and 80s raising kids. Our first show was the Elevation stop at Notre Dame, and it was a life-altering experience for both of us.

MsPurrl said:
My sis Swandiver and I are going to Chicago May 9. We are both *way* older, having spent the 70s and 80s raising kids. Our first show was the Elevation stop at Notre Dame, and it was a life-altering experience for both of us.

that is SO amazing :) you're only as old as you feel, ya know :wink:

Re: Reply

wizard2c said:
Hi!

Well....let's see.....I live in Florida USA.......so I guess I'll catch the bus to the Copenhagen event..........:eyebrow:

carol
wizard2c

:huh: :laugh:

Well, I'll see you in 5 months then! :wink:

Me and LB have GA to the Copenhagen show!!! :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

Merc, i'm going to be in Denmark for a wedding June 25th and SO WISH I was staying long enough to go to the show! Have fun :)

ruffian said:

you can't feel *that* old! my first show was 1983 :|

Having a little person call you Nana tends to do it. However, I must point out that my son was only 19 when she was born.:scream:

Last edited:
u2granny said:

Having a little person call you Nana tends to do it. However, I must point out that my son was only 19 when she was born.:scream:

:lol: Ah, so you really *are* a U2 Granny! :bow: That means you get to be Matriarch of All Things...:)

GA Manchester 15/6 (first concert for me)

:hyper: :dancing:

p.s. I'm a "granny" too so please be gentle with me, no pushing or shoving, or i'll punch you in the face hehe!

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
My mom can't pronounce "Bono" correctly :sigh:

But I still :heart: her anyway :D

awww...i know we've all heard the dreaded "bow-no" from all our family members :( But we forgive them!

ruffian said:

awww...i know we've all heard the dreaded "bow-no" from all our family members :( But we forgive them!

When I went to the King Awards banquet in Atlanta last year, one of the speakers introduced Bono as "bow-no." It was funny, because I was at a table with other U2 fans, and you could all here us under our breath whispering, "it's BON-o!" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom