Pleban Girls Party - Quest for the runaway 'fro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VP :sad::heart:
That sucks so much! And I sooo know the feeling.
Computers suck. :angry:

I still have some of my older and rarer stuff saved on disks, the rest of my collection was blown away during my lil computer incident. :|
But I could always burn a disk or two to send your way?
I think I even still have some of the zips you've sent me of other groups if you need those too :lol:

I'm glad that the school stuff is ok though!

Okay, so I go to pick up my laptop hard drive which was finally ready. He had told me on the phone over a week ago that the first thing he did was burn all the My Documents stuff, except for the music/video files onto a dvd for me, to make sure they were safe. He said the other files were too big, and since he assumed the hd was working, that he'd just leave them on there for me.

So we get there today. He says he wants to try the hard drive just one more time before we take it. He plugs it into a computer, and it wouldn't read it. He tried it on another, and that wouldn't, either. Sooo...it's dead. :sad:

The computer I'm using now is like six years old, hasn't been upgraded for 4 or 5 years, but it works fine, barring the odd occasion when it needs windows reinstalled....but when it does, no big deal because - it has two physical hard drives on it, each 20 gig. One partitioned into c and d, the other is not partitioned, e....so, whenever we have to reinstall windows, not a big deal, cause all of the data is on d and e, so it's safe. The only problem is, all of those drives are nearly full.

So since I no longer have a laptop hard drive, I need more space to install the programs I need. They had an 80 gig drive for $70, so I told him I'd get that and he said he could throw it into this computer in 5 or 10 minutes. Come home and get this computer. He opens it. Problem #1 - it only has space for two physical hard drives, so he has to remove one. Was going to remove e, transfer the data from that to the new one, and voila, done.

But this is me we're talking about, so it's not that simple, of course. :| He says the c / d drive doesn't sound too healthy, and he was proven right when everytime he rebooted, errors occurred. He said it was on its last legs, and if we wanted the data on D safe, we should replace the c / d drive with the new one. He ran into several problems, and what should have taken him 10 minutes took him 90. :|

Next, the disc he put my school files on was a dvd. Of course, this computer doesn't have a dvd drive. :happy: So...I had to get him to put a dvd burner onto this computer, so I could access my school stuff from the disk. That was another $50. (and that's besides the $60 or 70 it cost for him to work on the laptop).

The good thing is, even though the poor man took all the extra time, he didn't charge me any labour. That should have been an additional $80.

So basically, this computer is fine for now, but it's so old, it's on its last legs. I told him that maybe by spring I could get a new one, and the good news is that when I do, the drive and dvd burner I bought today can be used in it, making it that much cheaper.

At one point, he looked at me and said "apparently, Murphy hates you!"

I was like "Brian?? Why does Brian hate me??" :sad: The I realized he was talking about Murphy's law, and everything going wrong for me. :lol: And Sarah said the first thing she thought of was Brian, too. :lol:

Bri!!!!! :hug:

01bris343.jpg

:bono: Adam! Adam! Look, I finally found it!

:adam: Mine was blonde. :sad:

Brian: Bono let the kid go, it's not Adam's runaway hair :|

Last edited:
:| I don't believe this. I have to uninstall Bearshare and iTunes and start over. All my songs are gone including my U2 and Madonna ones:sad: :mad: because I had them all on there and my CDs aren't with me right now. My head hurts, there's too much other stuff going on my parents...my guy....school...everything...yet, this is what is setting everything off right now. And of course, no one is here this weekend. All my friends went home.

U2isthebest said:
:| I don't believe this. I have to uninstall Bearshare and iTunes and start over. All my songs are gone including my U2 and Madonna ones:sad: :mad: because I had them all on there and my CDs aren't with me right now. My head hurts, there's too much other stuff going on my parents...my guy....school...everything...yet, this is what is setting everything off right now. And of course, no one is here this weekend. All my friends went home.

I`m sorry Britt,Life sucks:|

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: that really really sucks :( I'm sorry to hear so much of what was lost was irreplacable.

I had an interesting night :lol : I met the toy nazi :ohmy: The lady running the show was scary :uhoh :

:lmao:

and the Marines bringing in the Toys for Tots donations were late, so I had to leave before they got there :sad: I wanted to flirt with some cute Marine boys :sexywink:

Toy nazi? :yikes:

You should have stayed for the Marines! :shame: :drool:

VintagePunk said:

I was like "Brian?? Why does Brian hate me??" :sad: The I realized he was talking about Murphy's law, and everything going wrong for me. :lol: And Sarah said the first thing she thought of was Brian, too. :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:

Britt :sad: :hug: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time

VintagePunk said:

I am soooo feeling your pain right now, hun.

but

:lmao:!!!

I've come to the decision that u2 files must be cursed...
Exhibit A: The Sims. :sad:
Exhibit B: All my files :sad:
Exhibit C: I can't even count the number of times Snooky has lost a bunch of stuff.
and now, Exhibit D: You

:sad:

VintagePunk said:

Toy nazi? :yikes:

yes! Nothing was good enough for this woman! :lol:

VintagePunk said:

You should have stayed for the Marines! :shame: :drool:

Pastor was driving, and it was in another town in our county, like 20 miles from here. I might've been able to hitch a ride home from a marine, but I didn't want to take any chance of having to walk 20 miles in the cold :lol:

Though if there had been TWO hot marine boys :hmm: :sexywink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

I am soooo feeling your pain right now, hun.

but

:lmao:!!!

I've come to the decision that u2 files must be cursed...
Exhibit A: The Sims. :sad:
Exhibit B: All my files :sad:
Exhibit C: I can't even count the number of times Snooky has lost a bunch of stuff.
and now, Exhibit D: You

:sad:

this is why I have everything quadruple backed up on CD-R's

which is also why I can never find anything when I want it :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:
VP :sad::heart:
That sucks so much! And I sooo know the feeling.
Computers suck. :angry:

I still have some of my older and rarer stuff saved on disks, the rest of my collection was blown away during my lil computer incident. :|
But I could always burn a disk or two to send your way?
I think I even still have some of the zips you've sent me of other groups if you need those too :lol:

I'm glad that the school stuff is ok though!

Thanks! :hug: It's just so frustrating...it took nearly two years to gather the files... :sigh:

Oh no, you lost a bunch, too? :sad: I do have the word doc that lists a lot of files I had, but even that was several months out of date. And of course I lost the bookmarks of the sites where I got a lot of these things. We need Snooky. :lol:

Sad_Girl said:

:lmao: :lmao:

Britt :sad: :hug: that sucks, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time

Thank you SG! It's ok...I'm just having a crappy night.:( I'll just stay up all night and try and redownload my albums....every one...I've ever had...from anyone:huh: That's awesome you had a good night though!:hug:

:larry: Now what have we learned from this, Edge?

Zoou235.jpg

:edge: the drums are Larry's. no one whose name is not Mullen can use the drums.

:bono: and?

:edge: Only Bono should sing falsetto. No one else gets to sing falsetto...

Sad_Girl said:
Bri!!!!! :hug

01bris343.jpg

:bono: Adam! Adam! Look, I finally found it!

:adam Mine was blonde. :sad

Brian: Bono let the kid go, it's not Adam's runaway hair :|

*snort*:lmao:

SG!!:hug::heart:
Besides the nazi and lack of marine hotness, how was the toy collecting? :heart:

And why didn't you stay for the marine? :shame: Cmon, they're supposed to help the helpless...honour would dictate that he would have to drive you. (actually honour would be his excuse, we all know the real reason ..:sexywink: )

I backed up some files before my big little disaster in the summer, but I'm still no where close to having what I once did....it doesnt help that I've been utterly unmotivated to dl/go hunting. :(

Seriously guys, I was all like "shit, all this bad stuff happening, and now I've somehow offended Brian Murphy, too??" :sad: :lol:

SG, the cd burner in my laptop hadn't been working for quite some time, so that's why I didn't have anything backed up. Woulda been so much easier to bite the bullet and pay to have it fixed, I know. :sigh:

Bri, we're cursed, apparently. :sad:

Sad_Girl said:

Zoou235.jpg

:edge: the drums are Larry's. no one whose name is not Mullen can use the drums.

:lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

yes! Nothing was good enough for this woman! :lol:

Pastor was driving, and it was in another town in our county, like 20 miles from here. I might've been able to hitch a ride home from a marine, but I didn't want to take any chance of having to walk 20 miles in the cold :lol:

Though if there had been TWO hot marine boys :hmm: :sexywink:

She was critiquing the toys that were brought in? :ohmy:

Hell, if you'd found a hot Marine, chances are you wouldn't have even made it home tonight. :sexywink:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks! :hug: It's just so frustrating...it took nearly two years to gather the files... :sigh:

Oh no, you lost a bunch, too? :sad: I do have the word doc that lists a lot of files I had, but even that was several months out of date. And of course I lost the bookmarks of the sites where I got a lot of these things. We need Snooky. :lol:

I did, in the summer when we took my computer in to be ugraded :slant:
So, I know the feeling all to well :yes::sad::hug:

I'll dig around and burn a disk or two for you. :kiss:

You know what made me sadder?
It was one thing to know..ok, I have to refind all songs u2.
But all those songs I've downloaded over the years, some of which are very crappy, but you'd listen to now and then just to laugh and be taken back to the time when you dled it (coughshaggycoughnsyncsongihadtodoadancetoingr8cough) are all gone..and I can't remember them. :(

Sad_Girl said:

Zoou235.jpg

I'm sure you all know I'm not generally a slasher, but that scene in the video where B is all over him? Omg. :combust: SO hot...

Back
Top Bottom