Pleban Girls Party: Going Crazy for the Boys Tonight .... and every night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG!!! Really? I assume on 3 different days. Maybe the DJ is a fan.

Yesh!!!! Three different weeks too! Usually mondays I think it was! The DJs of that show are really cool. :D They also play a lot of Muse, the Killers and KOL!

And new U2 ofcourse. <3 Crazy Tonight!

:ohmy: Peoplez!

We always get a lot of U2 played around here, even between album releases/tours. I would imagine it's the same in Boston, DG? Anyway, as it gets closer to the Toronto show, it'll probably go from a lot to every 5 minutes.

I should be around lots today, Sarah's gone to Toronto for the day/night to see The Decemberists. And today's a holiday here, so there's not much going on...

Z and VP! :wave:

My most random U2-heard-in-public moment was hearing Love Comes Tumbling over the PA in a shopping centre... :huh:
I recognised the bassline. :nerd:

Ah how's Sarah been VP? Holidays for her as well?

She's well, thanks! She was stressed out a few weeks ago over some conflict with her roommates about where they're going to live in the fall, but we found a place for them a week or so ago, so it's all good now.

so it's a 3 day weekend for you, VP? :up:

Yeah, it's sort of a pseudo-holiday. Gov't stuff is closed, banks, most people have the day off work, but stores are open. I'm not even sure what the holiday is supposed to be, we have a few questionable ones in the summer just to give people long weekends.

Hey Ali, nice to "see" you! How've you been? :)

I should have gotten booze for today. Not planning ahead ftl. Sigh.

Btw... when are you guys planning to eat dinner?
I dunno, when were you planning on cooking? I think we could both eat now if you wanted...

She's well, thanks! She was stressed out a few weeks ago over some conflict with her roommates about where they're going to live in the fall, but we found a place for them a week or so ago, so it's all good now.
That's a relief! Roommate/accommodation stress is no fun.

Yeah, it's sort of a pseudo-holiday. Gov't stuff is closed, banks, most people have the day off work, but stores are open. I'm not even sure what the holiday is supposed to be, we have a few questionable ones in the summer just to give people long weekends.

I like this idea, and demand it take hold in Australia... half our holidays are dependent on dates, and of course Melbourne Cup day is always the first Tuesday of November... would it have killed them to hold the horse race on a Monday?

Hey Ali, nice to "see" you! How've you been? :)
Pretty good thanks! Yourself? I was reading back a bit, things seem a bit hectic... *hug*

Ali are you still in The Netherlands? How's the trip? WHere all did you go? (besides the U2 shows :drool: )
I am, yes... trip has been great, we got to see a few things in Dublin and Ireland, as well as the stuff in Cornwall and Switzerland and Liechtenstein before the Amsterdam shows (I didn't go to Paris). I have to go back to Switzerland and Liecthenstein one day, for the chocolate and the MOUNTAINS if nothing else. You wouldn't believe how excited I got to see a bit of slushy snow on the ground! I've had bratwurst and rösti and Guinness (first and last time!), and by far the best chocolate I've ever dreamed of. Europe pretty much shits all over Australia in almost every way, if you'll pardon the crude expression. :wink:
The coast of Northern Ireland is fairly amazing too... went to Giant's Causeway, paradise for a geology nerd. :D

From wikipedia:

"The August Civic Holiday

In parts of Canada, the term "Civic Holiday" is a generic name referring to the annual holiday on the first Monday of August. However, this definition is far from uniform nationwide as two provinces and one territory do not recognize it at all, and five other provinces do not oblige employers to offer holiday pay on this day, thus making it a civic holiday in the legal sense. No universal name is recognized for this holiday — the official name varies between the provinces and even between municipalities within Ontario.

This holiday is commonly referred to as "August Long Weekend" but this is not a government term."

Huh.

We have a long weekend every month from April to October, inclusive. It's a reward for putting up with the shitty winter weather from Dec to March.

Pretty good thanks! Yourself? I was reading back a bit, things seem a bit hectic... *hug*

I am, yes... trip has been great, we got to see a few things in Dublin and Ireland, as well as the stuff in Cornwall and Switzerland and Liechtenstein before the Amsterdam shows (I didn't go to Paris). I have to go back to Switzerland and Liecthenstein one day, for the chocolate and the MOUNTAINS if nothing else. You wouldn't believe how excited I got to see a bit of slushy snow on the ground! I've had bratwurst and rösti and Guinness (first and last time!), and by far the best chocolate I've ever dreamed of. Europe pretty much shits all over Australia in almost every way, if you'll pardon the crude expression. :wink:
The coast of Northern Ireland is fairly amazing too... went to Giant's Causeway, paradise for a geology nerd. :D

Thanks. :hug: Just dealing with some really sucky fact-of-life kind of things. Nothing I can do about it really, so I just need to learn how to deal.

Sounds like an amazing trip! Glad you're having such a good time. :)

Ah they didn't have a place to stay? I'd call that stressful!

I really should start registering myself on websites to get a house of my own..

bratwurst :drool:

I didn't get to the northern half of Ireland last time so naturally I HAVE to go back!

Back
Top Bottom