Pleban Girls Party - Adam brings out our Bass-ic Instinct

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:
I have to say that OC always has really good soundtracks of new young artists. :up: And last season they had U2. :wink:

Grey's Anatomy also happens to have a great soundtrack. :love:

Yes, Hanson really isn't that bad, right? :lol: They came out with one new song like a year ago that I really liked, but I don't even remember what it's called. :reject: Something with the name Penny...:hmm:

Yeah, U2 are a good, young band. I think they might make something of themselves. :wink:

You have my Hanson seal of approval, for what it's worth. :wink: At least it's not the comeback of the Backstreet Boys. :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Mmmmm Bop! :happy:

It has to do with estimating parameters; point estimates and confidence intervals.
The confidence interval stuff isn't so bad, but figuring out these point estimates is going to drive me up the wall. :sigh:

I'vw pulled out on of my dads old stats texts to see if it'll help....

Sounds familiar. Let me look it up in my text. And my stats text is right here. I use it to set my computer on, so it's not sitting directly on the carpet when I set it down. :lmao:

Hi Diane :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, U2 are a good, young band. I think they might make something of themselves. :wink:

You have my Hanson seal of approval, for what it's worth. :wink: At least it's not the comeback of the Backstreet Boys. :lol:

Backstreets back, all right! :dance: :wink:

Bri, I have it right here. I know what you mean now, and I can do it, but since stats is an area of weakness for me, I'm not sure that I could explain it adequately to be of much help, but I'll try. What are you finding difficult?

Sarah! SG! Sami! VP! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :wave: x 4.

There are Backstreet songs I like, like "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" and "I Want It That Way". And I think they're better than N'Sync. :reject:

I also read once that Edge used to dance with Sian in the kitchen to their music. :heart:

I don't know if you guys remember the afghan I was working on last week that I'd nicknamed "skittles" :wink: but you can get a look at it in progress from Fri night here:

http://notanartist.blogspot.com/2006/03/feelin-groovy.html#comments

There's two pics about halfway down the page - one where you can see my hands and the afghan, the second where I look frustrated, but I'm actually just leaning back and trying to avoid the camera (and failing miserably :laugh: )

Sad_Girl said:

Backstreets back, all right! :dance: :wink:

I was about to say that. :lol:

Sami :hug:
Gnight hun, and good luck! :heart:
May the U2 force be with you.

VP :heart:
I'm amused that you carry your stats text around with you. :tongue:
Lemme see if I can coherently figure out wth is exactly giving me the problem.

I think it's the Method of Moments that seems to be throwing me off the most, and using expected value stuff to show unbiasedness.

Those are great names, Bri!!! I was thinking of Jacob or David for my Sim son's name, too. But Brian really is my favorite boy's name.

And SimBri & Baby Bono are sooooooo cute. But I thought Baby Bono would be traumatized forever from seeing GG have her kids on the sidewalk, and would never want kids after that! I'm glad I was wrong!!! :lmao:

Hi Tre! :wave:

~BrightestStar~ said:

VP :heart:
I'm amused that you carry your stats text around with you. :tongue:
Lemme see if I can coherently figure out wth is exactly giving me the problem.

I think it's the Method of Moments that seems to be throwing me off the most, and using expected value stuff to show unbiasedness.

It's a more useful tool to keep my computer from overheating than it ever was in teaching me anything. :uhoh:

Method of Moments - I've looked, and there's no reference to that whatsoever in my text, I've never heard the phrase. :crazy: However, I do know how to calculate confidence intervals, and I know what point and interval estimates are, if that helps. :(

You're doing hypothesis testing on one sample, or two?

Have you looked online? There are some excellent stats sites out there.

Tre :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom