pleban girl party-reach for the grammy in the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MBS said:

And don't let school and college stuff get to you, what seems important and stressful now, in the end really isn't as bad as it seems. I personally think school's take a sadistic pleasure in trying to freak kids out about college. :hug:

Yeah i think that too.

I think they enjoy telling you that you need x amount of A's to get in places :|

& it's scary.

but you should definitly talk to someone DG.
it would help you alot :hug:

I'm really worried about you. :hug: Please talk to someone about this. Its not good to harbor all these feelings to yourself.

JezSnape said:
I always feel so tiny next to every one. My two younger brothers are taller than me, and one of my younger sisters. The only reason the other little sister I have isn't taller than me, would be because she's eleven...
Oh, crap... I just checked my bank account... How am I supposed to survive? I've got a book to buy, that's gonna cost me a fortune... A school book I don't even want!

Don't fret about your hight I'm only 5'6'' (168cm) and that makes us both smaller than our man Bono!! Which in my book, is the main thing!!!

Wow, this thread does move fast. I go and take a sauna and now it's already a couple of pages gone!! But unfortunately I can't stick around tonight for much longer, coz it's getting kind of late and I have dry and comb my wet hair. So good night everyone!:D

Last edited:
^ You aren't, hun, thoughts and feelings do not losers make. And everyone has a hard time expressing themselves sometimes.

I've got to go :(

DG :hug: :heart: I'll be thinking of ya. Take care hun. And remember, my inbox is always open. :)

Have a good afternno ladies. :hug:

Last edited:
I'm just going to ramble, if you're willing to listen.

My advisor is a clinical psychologist. And I spent several years in classes with clinical psychologists daily. I completely understand that you're reluctant to talk about it. I can relate, because I'm a really private person too, and it's hard for me to talk about things that go beyond the superficial...

And, it's great and helpful to talk to us. We can provide support, and I KNOW that all of us are more than happy to do so, we care a ton about you, but quite honestly, none of us are qualified to give you the kind of direction that you need.

Maybe you could start with your family doctor, or whoever prescribes your meds? Maybe they just need adjustment. And he/she could recommend someone for you to talk to?

daygloeyes2 said:
I'm just not comfortable with it. I don't know. :|

No one can force you, the choice is ultimately yours. But ask yourself this - would you rather go around feeling like you are now, when you know you really don't have to?

Treatments are out there, but they're not going to come to you, you have to do your part in seeking them out.

I really don't want to up my meds. I don't want to get to the point where whenever there's a problem, the doctor just ups my meds. I don't want to be dependent on them, if that makes any sense.

And school counsellors are very qualified, as well. They're not quite psychologists, but they have a degree in counselling. If you don't want to ultimately talk to them, they could at least be a good starting point, they could give you information about who to talk to. And, they're bound by a very strict ethics/confidentiality clause, as are all mental health professionals.

daygloeyes2 said:
I really don't want to up my meds. I don't want to get to the point where whenever there's a problem, the doctor just ups my meds. I don't want to be dependent on them, if that makes any sense.

Meds that are out today do not run the risk of dependancy, at least not in the traditional way.

If you were diabetic and found that your insulin wasn't quite doing it, and you needed more to live without symptoms, would you have an objection to upping the dose?

Mine was okay. I've just been feeling a little icky most of the week. I think I'm feeling a bit better so far today *knock on wood* I'm just giving my site a final run through now (the button issue has been fixed finally - yay!), and I'm hoping that he can get it to go live before he goes home today.

I'm glad it's the weekend, too.

Back
Top Bottom