PLEBA Misc News and Articles #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since older episodes of the program are on You Tube, I guess this one will be uploaded sooner or later as well, for those who want to download it (which is not possible from the RTE site).

Oh my finally finished watching the interview, the video kept on buffering every few seconds! :crack: Bono didn't really say much that I haven't already heard, seen, read in other interviews over last 25 odd years, but loving the hair!! :lol:

Really? I thought he said some really new stuff. I've never seen an interview with him where he got so personal and serious. In fact, I felt that there were little typical "Bonoisms" there. I loved the stories about his family, his parents and the kinds. Some stuff, of course, sounded very familiar. I found the interview quite moving. I also liked what he said about the tax issue and how U2 is business, it makes him more human. I think it was quite a candid interview, even though there are always issues I'd like to hear more about, but time is limited.

I quess it's me, coz I have listened and read a LOT, and I mean, a LOT of interviews with Bono on many different TV shows (U2Torrents has a lot to answer for....:lol: ) and read a LOT of interviews from books, magazines (ebay is a teasure trove!) and newspapers in Finnish, English and Swedish! And the only thing really new to me was about the first time he went out with Ali! :shrug: But I love listen to him talk, almost just as much as I love to listen to him sing!! :wink:

Why Orthodox Christians Should Appreciate an Unorthodox Bono - Daly Focus - Online Community - Focus on the Family Community

Btw, someone on twitter said that the version of the interview you can purchase on the website is actually the unedited version which is longer than the broadcast one and contains extra footage:

Bono: Husband, Father, Advocate | Focus on the Family

I found this link for a version of the interview that is 33 minutes long instead of 28:

https://focusonthefamily.webconnex.com/bonodownload?refcd=168805

They ask for your name, email, and what country you live in, but I just gave my last initial instead of my full name and it accepted it. (I don't like giving out my name on the internet unless I really have to.) I haven't listened to this longer version yet, so I don't know what's different about it. I have to go to work soon, so I'll listen when I get back later.

^ It does have some extra stuff in it; Bono talks about the Super Bowl and the story about the airline food, and some other things that aren't in the 28-minute-long version.

^ Thank you, it worked!!! :)

And Helen, that's so funny because the thing about him and Ali starting to go out wasn't news to me, I've heard that before.

No, I haven't read that many interviews with him and certainly haven't watched so many, so much of the stuff that was said was new to me.

Thanks Silvia for sharing links to these interesting articles. I've never understood why some people get so upset about U2's company's tax management. A lot of businesses do the same, and it's all perfectly legal, it's not "avoidance" but tax managment policy. And as Bono said and I agree him, it really is nobody elses business how U2 choose to run their own company, so long as they remain within the "spirit of the law". :up:

@atu2: Pic from Electric Lady Studios. All done? RT @popartist61: Loading out ... #u2 http://t.co/4VcX2z48Lf

U2log.com ‏@U2log 8min
A U2 associate warns that although they are having listening parties, it does not mean they are done with album. It could still be weeks.

U2log.com ‏@U2log 8min
Bono was the last person to leave the party, of course.

U2log.com ‏@U2log 10min
Special guests at U2 party last night: Helena Christensen & her son, Julian Casablancas & his mother, and Jay-Z. pic.twitter.com/QD9JmPRQK2

I still think it would be interesting if they went with the artist who Bono posed and met with on the rooftop in NY not long ago. Could be really a good match for an album made in NY too. :hmm:

This style of artwork would actually be really cool for an album, especially one produced by Danger Mouse. It just fits somehow. :hmm: Even though I know that the original tweet was from a personal trainer, right? So it might now have anything to do with this artist, but it's still an odd coincidence that this guy has the same name. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom