PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Ryan Tedder of One Republic on the Today show and he said he had been working with U2 on their new album. The interviewer said she hoped it wouldn't be too much longer, to which he replied " soon I hope". Not really news, but at this point I'll take it.

No, it's Pay TV. I could have it, but I don't subscribe since I hardly ever watch free TV :lol:

I think Sky is available for subscription everywhere through cable.

Is it on You Tube?

I think Eve was or will be on GMA, I saw a screenshot posted on twitter of the interview. I couldn't find anything about it on the ABC website, though.

Interview with Eve. She says that "Discotheque" is her favourite U2 song because of the ridiculous video :lol:

In the past you’ve said that when you were first starting out in acting, your mom and dad, specifically, were discouraging you from getting into the business. Has their tune changed now?

Oh, absolutely. My parents were being protective of me, and I honestly didn’t think they would have been good parents if they weren’t wary of me, their daughter, entering the entertainment industry. They wanted to make sure I really knew what I was signing up for and that I was serious. And I basically said to my dad that, look, I’m just as passionate about movies as you were about music, and when you were 18 you wouldn’t let anyone stop you so you’ve gotta let me do this. He was like, “Oh shit. I do.” He was like, “Crap.”

Ha! You had him backed into a corner.

He didn’t take no for an answer when he was 18, so I have that in my genes. I went to school and I studied it and I wanted to know what I was talking about and I wanted to learn about it. I’m really glad I did that and with that they really saw that I was dedicated and disciplined about it. And it was hard. I definitely didn’t get every job I went out for. They started to have sympathy with me. They started to get their hopes up, too. And they saw that I was being relentless, that I wasn’t stopping just because someone said no one time. I think they respected that I was committed to it. Now they’re so proud of me. They’re just desperate to see the show. They want to see the show, and they’re so upset because they’re going to be in Ireland and I don’t think it’s coming out in Ireland until September.

Do you feel like watching your father weather the public eye and this industry while you were growing up prepared you better for it?

I really do. I definitely feel like I have someone who is in my corner, who is looking out for me. Who’s like, “Oh, this might happen to you in an interview.” It’s just easier because he’s been through it all. My family’s been through it all. Even just simple things, like my family’s been through stupid tabloid rumors, so they don’t believe everything that they read. I don’t have my grandparents calling me being like, “Are you pregnant?” It’s actually really helpful that they’ve been through it before.

Btw, I agree with those saying that it's BS to think she doesn't get roles because of her famous dad's connections, it's just naive. You don't get roles in Steven Soderbergh productions just by being pretty. I'm sure she's talented and works hard and all and I wish her success, but I am pretty much convinced that having Bono as a dad helps to get good roles a bit faster than your colleagues.

Interview with Eve. She says that "Discotheque" is her favourite U2 song because of the ridiculous video :lol:

Btw, I agree with those saying that it's BS to think she doesn't get roles because of her famous dad's connections, it's just naive. You don't get roles in Steven Soderbergh productions just by being pretty. I'm sure she's talented and works hard and all and I wish her success, but I am pretty much convinced that having Bono as a dad helps to get good roles a bit faster than your colleagues.

i don't think she would necessarily get roles just because of her dad (maybe i'm being naive though), but she is lucky in that people in the industry already know who she is, she has the exposure because of who she is, the circles the family mix in, friends/contacts/acquaintances/friends of friends in the business - she can go knocking on any door basically - a luxury "normal" young actors can only dream of... she has had an amazing springboard for a young actor, but that only takes you so far in the industry, and after that, it is down to her to prove herself just like everybody else - it's her doing the work acting on set, her dad can't do it for her... i'm sure she will do really well - she sounds determined :D

It's from a source I can't link to, it's private, and I don't know the gender, but I guess it will be made public soon enough. Just happy for Edge and his family.

Hi how do I watch the series premier? I tried going to Cinemax but it's not there just the synopsis. :( Mind if I ask how y'all watched it online? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom