PLEBA Misc News and Articles #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just listened around the french voices and I have to say,it was a very good interview.Lots of Edge talking.I just loved E saying "achtung":drool:

I'm hearing Adam on BBC radio, but I'm italian and I cant understand all he says!
Can someone explain to me this???

Twitter

:D

:lol:I was about to comment on that! J.Whiley asked about the photos from the album sleeve and she asked who's crotch is that and Adam said it's Edge's Gentelman's Sausage.

:lol:I was about to comment on that! J.Whiley asked about the photos from the album sleeve and she asked who's crotch is that and Adam said it's Edge's Gentelman's Sausage.

This confirms my long suspicion that something slashy has been going on between the two guitar-welding members of the band on the 360 tour :shifty:

oh god i'm fluent in french and english and i can't listen either! the over-dubbing is just horrible!

I adore Neil. And I absolutely love reading his pieces on U2, because they're honest and yet clearly have that something extra which is that they're written from the viewpoint of a friend.

Thanks for the reassurance man ;)

Neil certainly has strong masochistic tendencies about himself, otherwise he wouldn't be out there defending U2 in the British (!) press all the time. He's very brave, he knows exactly what kind of comments to expect from the readers, and titles such as this one only mean more provocation. Aww, Neil, how nice of you to stick to your friends, but seriously, I'm getting sick of all these articles, no matter if they are pro or anti U2, it's time for the band to make a new album, and I'm also tired of reading so many nasty comments about Bono and the band. The whole discussion is water on the haters' mills and I've seriously had enough of that, as well as of Bono's annoying comments lately. Good to hear he's too exhausted right now to open his mouth. Love the man, but it's good to know the time when to stop :)

:hmm:Part of me wonders if all this talk from Bono about if they`re still relevant, fuelling rumours that U2 are about to split, is just the U2 spin machine buying the band 5 years to put out the next album, and increasing the hype for when the next album does get released?

Guess time will tell..........:waiting:

Pamelakellett said:
:hmm:Part of me wonders if all this talk from Bono about if they`re still relevant, fuelling rumours that U2 are about to split, is just the U2 spin machine buying the band 5 years to put out the next album, and increasing the hype for when the next album does get released?

Guess time will tell..........:waiting:

We do know our boys so well!

Gabi_Clayton said:
I think I read somewhere that the contract runs out in 2020. But I can be wrong ...

99.9% sure that they signed a 12 yr contract in '08 which would bring it to 2020.

Neil is basically saying what we've all concluded about Bono's comments, which is the idea that U2 (or maybe just Bono) are inventing a crisis to set the stage for their next project. If you look at the situation with that in mind, it's actually a good thing, because it shows that the wheels are in motion for the next album cycle to begin. The press are playing right into it, too, by hyping the idea that U2 are in crisis. If the band doesn't delay in getting the next album finished, they could use this momentum to their advantage.

I also don't think U2 will split anytime soon, it's just Bono talking, but I have a feeling it's going the wrong way, so I'm glad to hear he's planning on keeping a low profile now. As much as we all, me included, love to see and hear him, I truly think he should just be silent for a little while :wink:

Btw, I heard that U2 have released Blow Your House down as a new single :hmm:

Yes I read that on Facebook. Its a good track and when I first heard it thought it sounded more like a track off Atomic Bomb - Bono`s voice definately sounds more recent to me so maybe they`ve redone the lyrics :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom