PGP: U2, Will U Kiss Our Boo-boos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None was given. The email just said I wasn't needed, don't show up. That means either the case was settled already, they noticed on my form that I was unemployed and didn't want me, the case was postponed, or whatever. Any number of reasons. I don't particularly care what they were - I'm just happy I don't have to do it. :lol: I'll be more than happy to participate once I actually have a job and am getting paid - doing it while I have no source of income (and would have had to suspend all job searching during the trial) would have been awful. :)

:shifty: Moobday.

?

did you see I started another one? We used to do one every week :tongue:

Not enough sleep... :crack:

Got my first meeting/rehearsal with the cover band I might sort-of maybe be joining, tonight... :panic:

That's a bit dodgy, Thora... Would you accept if they interviewed you and offered you the job? I guess it's possible they could find a way to keep you on if they like you and you like them, although I guess they're not starting out well, and I don't blame you for wanting to avoid job-hunting again.

Good luck with it! :hug:

ooh - Ali the rock star! :rockon:

Even if it's just a short job, at least it's a job right? :) Something to keep you busy until a better opportunity comes along.

:yes:
Good luck with all the applications you've put in recently, Thora. Something's bound to turn up sooner or later, even if it's just temporary with the vague chance of it becoming more permanent.

Yay, just got an email that my jury duty is cancelled! Woop woop! :cabbagepatch: That's a huge relief. :D

YAY!
I used to always get called in the first two weeks of school, like every year for 3 or 4 years. I finally wrote them a letter saying I thought it was detrimental to the students to have teacher be gone in the first two weeks. Since then, no more jury duty notices. :D

:yes:
Good luck with all the applications you've put in recently, Thora. Something's bound to turn up sooner or later, even if it's just temporary with the vague chance of it becoming more permanent.

YAY!
I used to always get called in the first two weeks of school, like every year for 3 or 4 years. I finally wrote them a letter saying I thought it was detrimental to the students to have teacher be gone in the first two weeks. Since then, no more jury duty notices. :D

Thanks, I think so too. It's gotta be just around the corner. :)

Teachers are rarely called around here, for that exact reason. Maybe I should become a teacher... :wink:

Thanks, I think so too. It's gotta be just around the corner. :)

Teachers are rarely called around here, for that exact reason. Maybe I should become a teacher... :wink:

:no:
I'm sure that WHATEVER you do is more respected and better paid than any teaching position! But you know, we only work 180 days a year and only 5 hours a day at that. :rolleyes:

:no:
I'm sure that WHATEVER you do is more respected and better paid than any teaching position! But you know, we only work 180 days a year and only 5 hours a day at that. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'll never become a teacher. That's what I originally went to university for. :lol: I went through almost half of the program and started my practicums, only to realize I hated it. :lol: Ended up changing my major to something else.

Um, holy shit. I applied for a job less than 5 mins ago. Just got a call, and I think they want me. :ohmy: She's going to send me some info and a test to do, then we'll set up an interview for tomorrow. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. :panic: :hyper:

I'm better than I was this morning. Don't know if it's the painkillers or what, but my throat stopped hurting. Lol, prolly the painkillers. Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I can ask him if there's any other kind of asthma med he can give me that isn't the inhaler. I so hope there is, because these pills were awesome. I was able to run to catch the bus or train without any issues, and started working on stamina. Though I don't want to go back to the permanent thirst and nosebleeds and painful throat tho. :crack:

:hug:

Yay, just got an email that my jury duty is cancelled! Woop woop! :cabbagepatch: That's a huge relief. :D

:hyper:

Um, holy shit. I applied for a job less than 5 mins ago. Just got a call, and I think they want me. :ohmy: She's going to send me some info and a test to do, then we'll set up an interview for tomorrow. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. :panic: :hyper:

Congrats! :hyper: :hug:

Oooh, Thora, yay for potential job opportunity! Even if it's temporary, at least it's a few months' work, and you can start getting your bearings and have something else on your resume to entice future employers ("See? I've been looking and trying to keep employed!"). I hope everything works out for you.

The universe freaking hates me. We'll try to make it on my measly disability check and his unemployment IF it ever comes. It's going to be a bad scene here shortly, though. *bites nails* We found a grocery store going out of business last week, everything 50% off, so loaded up on beans and rice and a few other cheap foods that can be stretched to last a long time. And I guess we might qualify for food stamps! :|

Now... there must be something to cheer me around here... sorry to be a buzzkill!!!! Ooooo!!! Idea! I'm going to send this tough little number over to beat up hubby's back-stabbing, two-faced, lying ex-employers!

bonopopdayum.jpg

On second thought, I really wouldn't want him to sully his hands on the likes of THOSE evil losers. :madwife: Oh, do I sound bitter? :wink:

:hug: I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. Like, to the letter. My family has been there. You have my complete and total sympathies. If it makes you feel any better, you would be amazed at how helpful people can be in such situations. Not saying you have to go all sob story on them, but if they find out you're struggling, neighbors and people at local churches and whatnot can be very giving. I hope that's the case with people in your area.

In the meantime, hopefully your husband will be able to get his unemployment going, and be able to find a new job again as soon as possible as well. And seriously, you need to talk, vent, whatever, happy to lend a virtual ear. The whole thing fucking sucks, I know.

:hug: as well to anyone who's feeling under the weather. Get well soon, guys!

Apropos of nothing - I find Lil' Wayne disturbing to look at.

Haha, yeah, so do I. He doesn't seem quite like the brightest bulb in the box, either.

I'm hoping I won't get selected, since it's for a criminal trial, and those could go on for AGES, and the pay is shitty. :crack: You don't get paid for the first 10 days. If it goes beyond that, then you get paid a paltry amount per day

That does suck. I know we get paid for jury duty here, too, but I don't know if it's the same setup in the U.S. as it is where you live, or what. I got a request for that once, too, but I was in the process of moving out of the area and therefore couldn't participate.

It'd be kind of interesting and yet kinda scary to be on a jury for a criminal trial. The fate of someone's life is in your hands and the hands of 11 other people, and you know, that's not a lot of pressure, or anything.

But you're free, it looks like, so yay!

Zu, I like your reason involving students! That's a great excuse.

Anyway, so in all my researching I got totally distracted and obviously lost track of time. It's 1:37am. :lol: :uhoh: Whoops. Oh well - at least I have nothing important going on tomorrow, so if I end up sleeping in (which I probably will), no big deal. :)

Haha, yeah, it's so easy to get carried away with late night surfing, isn't it :D?

Sleeping in :drool:. Did that today. It felt so nice.

GG, ski trip sounds fun! Hope you have a good time when you go!

We still have our snow here. At first it was all powdery, then last week it warmed up a bit and the snow got all wet and slushy, now it's all dry and hard and crunchy. It's been really dry here lately, I've been needing to keep my hands moist the last few days.

Wow, this day is amazing. I have an interview tomorrow with that one place. And the CEO of the place that turned out to be a temporary job wants to meet with me (not an interview, more of a "get to know you" thing). Holy CRAP ON A STICK!!

This is so encouraging. Yay for progress!! :love:

Wow, this day is amazing. I have an interview tomorrow with that one place. And the CEO of the place that turned out to be a temporary job wants to meet with me (not an interview, more of a "get to know you" thing). Holy CRAP ON A STICK!!

This is so encouraging. Yay for progress!! :love:

Oh wow! This is so exciting! When it rains it pours! Sending good vibes your way that one of these pans out. :hug:

We are slowly but surely coming up to the rating of that album, and I see a lot of scratches and blood in the future for the many opinions of it :uhoh:. It's really grown on me, but I don't approve of bald Bono.

Thanks, guys! I'm so excited!! :hyper:

The interview tomorrow is at an office that's a 1hr+ drive away, but the job will actually be in my city, if I get it (I'm going thru a placement agency for this one). So it's a LONNNG drive to the placement agency, but it will be oh so worth it if I end up getting this job. They want someone to start right away, so I could potentially start working before the end of the week. :ohmy:

I was just talking with my parents about all of this, and it turns out that several people they know are interested in seeing my resume and sharing it around. This is very cool. I'm shaking with all the nerves and excitement of it all.

This is going to be a good week, I can tell! :)

Best of luck to you, Thora :). *Crosses fingers, legs, arms, what have you*

Is it bad that I've been listening to Pop more and more recently and I'm beginning to like it, more...and...more...? :ohmy:

Nope. It's a fine album, imho.

It is funny how people get into knock-down, drag-out debates over this stuff, though. If you like it, fine. If you don't, fine. It's not the end of the world either way.

:shocked : MOTS!

:ohmy: Right? Mots sighting in the PGP!

THANK YOU sooooo much for taking us out there!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing experience!!!!! : drool:

You are absolutely welcome! We had a great time, so much fun. I swear it never gets old for me going there. It's like such a holy grail of being a U2 fan. And it's gorgeous. The silence is amazing. :heart:

What about some of this?
akv4gy.jpg

I'll take two lumps please. :drool:

:wave :

tqMIf.jpg

:wave :

Lucky.

/Napolean Dynamite voice.

That'd be pretty decent. : D

/Totally heard that in Ed Grimley voice.

:reject:

Yay, just got an email that my jury duty is cancelled! Woop woop! :cabbagepatch : That's a huge relief. : D

YAY!! (I'm currently in my 19th consecutive month of jury duty. :crack: )

ooh - Ali the rock star! : rockon:

That's awesome Ali! :applaud:

Um, holy shit. I applied for a job less than 5 mins ago. Just got a call, and I think they want me. :eek:hmy : She's going to send me some info and a test to do, then we'll set up an interview for tomorrow. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. :panic: :hyper :

:dance: Go thora!

Is it bad that I've been listening to Pop more and more recently and I'm beginning to like it, more...and...more...? : ohmy :

How could that be bad?! One of my fave albums. It's freakin amazing! :love:

Back
Top Bottom