PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you should be able to sell it quickly, just spread info

on a joke side, is it this ?

5cHeI.jpg

:lol:

I just saw you posted this on FB! No it's not this one :flirt: But I'll ship it to you for free if you want to buy mine :D

Sorry, but no apple for me, ever :wink:
Tried local forums ? Surely theres some for selling stuff :D

:wave:

football started

He was awesome in The Ref who had Judy Davis and Kevin Spacey.....both amazing actors. I love that movie....why they do not play it as a Christmas movie, I'll never know.

Sorry arw, that sucks. Are there hotels hiring? They always need good pastry chefs. That's what my friend did.

So, I not only worked out with my trainer, I ran home from the gym. I got back on the horse and rode that bitch bareback!

A) The Ref. :lol: My roommate and I watched that one time when we were in college and had... done some things... that made everything every funny. Our favorite moment from that movie was "What's my name?!?!? FUCK YOU! That's my name!" At the time we thought that was hilarious!

4! Hard to believe!

Wow! time flies!

5cHeI.jpg

\
That's awesome. If I had an ipad I would totally get that.

I was given an old antique typewriter and I can't decide if I want to keep it and try to find ink ribbon for it or if I want to take it apart and use the pieces to make jewelry with... :hmm:

Oh boy, they should have elctions every year, beats any soap opera on tele

Tom Smith, GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'

:doh:
Aren't politicians fun? :happy:

:wink: So now EDUN is selling Bono's leather pants.

Edun - Perforated Leather Ruched Skinny Pant
Bono's the only one who looks good in those pants. :shifty:

Anyone watching new HBO serie called Newsroom ? starts here on weekend
The Newsroom is awesome! *loves that show*

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee!

*has coffee*

looks like I need a new job. Just got a voice mail from my boss at my main job stating that they don't need me the rest of this week, need me part time next week, and then no hours the rest of the month. Having a pastry chef is new to them since I started in March so a lot of their clients are used to getting a cookie platter or sorbet, both are very cheap. My boss has a hard time selling their long time customers on desserts but they were doing a good job for a while. Now with all of the Jewish holidays coming up in Sept they don't have any business again. You'd think people would want to hire them but it's just the opposite for these particular holidays.

What frustrates me the most right now is there were a lot of jobs on craigslist the past few weeks that I was interested in for the first time all summer. I did not apply because I was told I would have hours again. Now most of these jobs aren't available when I go to the websites to fill out the application. Of course there's nothing this week to apply to. I don't know if I can get unemployment if I want to keep my part time job. I know they'll subtract what I make there from whatever I'd get. I probably should look into that tomorrow. My part time job has no room for any extra hours because there's already a full time pastry chef. I only work on her two days off.

I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was told months ago when I approached my boss about time off this summer that I shouldn't worry and it would only be the last 2 weeks of July. I only talked to her about it because I needed to get a new car or fix my old car. She told me not to worry and I should get a new car because there will be plenty of work for me. I have to really cut back now on things, including the gym and boot camp. I was supposed to sign up for the next session next week but I can't do that. I also have to cut out a few events coming up with some friends until I find something else.

Oh and my boss is now ignoring my phone calls. She left me a message but won't return my calls even though her message says to call her back to discuss options because she has a lot of stuff for me after Sept. :shrug: She can figure out how to make that stuff on her own or just give them a cookie platter. Doesn't seem like she really wants to keep me around..../pity party
:hug:

it makes me entirely too proud when I'm listening to a cd in the car and Mercy gets excited and proclaims "That's Bono!' :giggle:
:cute:

Also, your kid is named Mercy? That's so pretty! :reject:

5cHeI.jpg

:barf: almost lost my lunch in the gym during boot camp. We did our warm up outside and it's very hot and muggy out. Then we went to the gym for our circuit for alternating of cardio and strength training. It was really warm in there and I started to feel like I was going to throw up and all then my trainer looked at me and said I was really white and maybe I should go to the bathroom. I walked in there and it was freeeeezing so just having that blast of cool air made me feel better. I got a cold towel and went back to the class to try to do another round but I barely made it through and told my trainer I was done for the night. I stayed but wasn't able to do much. A half hour later I was told I was still really white. But I feel fine now. I came home and had pizza for dinner :reject:

I think I was just way too warm because my trainer has pushed me a lot harder than what we did tonight and I've felt fine. But I knew the minute we walked into the gym from being outside that it was going to be a rough workout. Just glad I didn't actually throw up. I think I would have crawled in a hole and died if that would have happened. My trainer has said that several people have thrown up in her class so she's used to it :happy:

4! Hard to believe!

ARW (Sorry haven't been around much and not sure if that's how yo prefer to be addressed?) I went through a recent period of unemployment and then a dead-end job just for the sake of having some sort of employment. Now I am at the best job I've ever had - and finding this job was such sheer luck (or grace of God depending on your belief) that it's mind boggling. I guess I'm just saying hang in there, maybe something much better is going to be coming out of this frustrating and scary turn of events!
Life often works that way.

SG! :shocked:

:hug: Nice to see you round these parts! :hug:

Dazzy, sorry I missed you! :heart:

ah..... boo....

i was next door ..... having trouble finishing my VP B-D post!

catchup? semi- short verion>

fractured (3) right ankle 4/6
to rehab place 4/24 PT/OT
bloodclot in right leg ? 5/12
goe s to lungs 4/13 painful ribcage
but thot it was from doing ?175% more
in rolling around in wheelchair + inclines
ICU night 5/13- 5/17 eve/20 hrs in reg ward
no permanent damage :bow:
return to rehab 5/18 /takes extra ?15 days
to get back to where i was in PT/OT
leave 6/22 back to my home (w wheelchair & quad cane)
short term home aid & home PT...done 8/3
walking w walking boot more in nabe last several weeks
walking in Apt with just sneakers now
just walked outside last eve in sneakers & Qcane
FINALLY Got Acess a Ride/ too first trip today
have out patient PT to set up/have place
4 -6 weeks more of PT -more endureance & strength
should be switchibg to straight cane in? 3 wkks or less
getting back topart- all buses by ?5 weeks
back into subway ?mid-Late Oct or so w either straight cane
or cane free

what has made this more difficult is how hilly down & up
my nabe is

ART:
not much.... but learning working on what
are called Artist Books
Art applied to various types of book forms.

a bit of experimented w oil pastels for color work

some more crochetting & knitting :)

hope you're doing well, bri!!! :hug:sss :wave:

Hey there!
I'm not too shabby. Was just doing some spamming in VP's birthday thread. :angel:
How are you?
I think we've crossed paths a few times before. :)

Yeah, I recall that we've seen each other around a bit :). Good to hear things are okay with you. Things are fine here-worked a lot, pretty much, that's about the biggest thing in my life right now. Have some free time coming up soon, though, a few days to take a breather and just chill at home.

Hope you're able to pop back in here more often!

:huh::huh:
WHY am I still up? :lol::crack:

non, i certainly don't feel that bad ....so far...
my schedule got really out of wack the first night i had /wee hours
i plugged my new A/C and found a signal but then i cut that back....
but not quite enough yet....

good morning, jj :wave:

Now what a dream I had just now, wrote things I remember down and finding movie names which were in dream, it all started from Big Bang Theory and involves certain band ppl :lol:

sleeping rocks

Here´s quick recap

Dream started when Sheldon posted a video online of him with Justin B***** and claiming hi´s the best thing in music.

Next up was U2 boys standing around some "war room" big table :shrug: and they were talking that this guy has to be stopped :yes:

They left and next thing was Edge in computer room which looked like in matrix with headphones on tracking people like in movie Eagle Eye and he found Sheldon and sent Bono in.
Bono was dressed like Jean Reno in movie called Leon. He went there and beat people up but apparently Sheldon had left. :grumpy:

Adam was the "groundman" talking to people and looked like Clooney from movie The American.

Last thing I remember was that Sheldon was tracked to a shopping centre by Edge and then Larry walked in through a long corridor dressed up like Arnold in Terminator, swinging his shotgun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom