PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N67cf.gif

:lol: funny stuff, JJ!

what a dream!:lol:

Have just stumbled on to BBTheory in the past 2 months since I'm home some much more....pretty funny!

that cartoon almost makes me dizzy :giggle:

If you were here in the USA w a job for this poarticular Thurs I'd probably say - you're getting ready for the Labor Day Holiday Weekend (Sat/Sun/Mon is Holiday) and some people
have jobs that they can start gliding into the holiday on a thurs!

25LR4.jpg

:lol:

but I just feel so sad bout him, watching that video made me wanna wrap him on a blanket and walk him off the stage :sad:

Here´s quick recap

Dream started when Sheldon posted a video online of him with Justin B***** and claiming hi´s the best thing in music.

Next up was U2 boys standing around some "war room" big table :shrug: and they were talking that this guy has to be stopped :yes:

They left and next thing was Edge in computer room which looked like in matrix with headphones on tracking people like in movie Eagle Eye and he found Sheldon and sent Bono in.
Bono was dressed like Jean Reno in movie called Leon. He went there and beat people up but apparently Sheldon had left. :grumpy:

Adam was the "groundman" talking to people and looked like Clooney from movie The American.

Last thing I remember was that Sheldon was tracked to a shopping centre by Edge and then Larry walked in through a long corridor dressed up like Arnold in Terminator, swinging his shotgun :p

:lol:

Weird dream, dude. :ohmy:

Oh and here´s old trailer from Leon, if you havent seen it, just rent/dload it, still one of the best movies I´ve seen, ever

Leon: The Professional (1994) TRAILER (HD) - YouTube

:rockon: I love that movie

:barf: almost lost my lunch in the gym during boot camp. We did our warm up outside and it's very hot and muggy out. Then we went to the gym for our circuit for alternating of cardio and strength training. It was really warm in there and I started to feel like I was going to throw up and all then my trainer looked at me and said I was really white and maybe I should go to the bathroom. I walked in there and it was freeeeezing so just having that blast of cool air made me feel better. I got a cold towel and went back to the class to try to do another round but I barely made it through and told my trainer I was done for the night. I stayed but wasn't able to do much. A half hour later I was told I was still really white. But I feel fine now. I came home and had pizza for dinner :reject:

I think I was just way too warm because my trainer has pushed me a lot harder than what we did tonight and I've felt fine. But I knew the minute we walked into the gym from being outside that it was going to be a rough workout. Just glad I didn't actually throw up. I think I would have crawled in a hole and died if that would have happened. My trainer has said that several people have thrown up in her class so she's used to it :happy:

Puking is a badge of honor at CrossFit. They even have an I Met Pukie t-shirt about it. Only seen it happen once, to a really cute guy in the middle of push ups, outside, luckily. As I recall, we were doing an end of month test to see how improved numbers were and that threw off his score.

:hmm:

the puking stuff........ badge of honor....

i think that's kind of...... what word to describe.... ?distainful attitude of this fitness training towards the clients......

they should making sure the people have enough hydration or excercise INSIDE with A/C whenb it's thatr hot and muggy out and being a NYC'r I KNOW hot AND MUGGY! :yuck:
if you're puking your body is crying for help

More pukey talk AVOID if you want to i CERTAINLY understand!

sorry this does make me mad....

had not puked since around my 16 year.
i mean i had gained a horrible phobia about it, and fought every which way when i felt nausseated, which tahnk goodness was not often (but too often for me)..... and won.
Looking back the times I had it in certain place/situation -there's good case to be made it was very hidden emotional stress. ANd one of my youger cousins and my (younger) sis did it a fair amount at times so I just couldn't take it anymore back then. ANd typing this now I just got a NEW INSIGHT! :hmm: My mom by that time had had horrible asthma for several years. The sounds that she made struggle to get phelgm stuff out when she had colds etc sounds as bad and not too disimilar from puking..... (with out the smell) . I really hid alot of my distress over her situation.... wouldn't be completely suprised if that extra expereince(s) with her added to my distress.

until i had a time in late 00's where i sometimes sort of had dry heaves and an occasional puke due to some very strong stress I was while dealing with some people....i had to be dealing with.

That's because i hadn't done that since i was 16- webt back to school a bit too sone after recovering from the Flu. 40 plus years ago!
anyway now If I felt (tryin to be somewhat rationaql thru a futre possible bout) it was better to let it happen.....i probably would trty not to fight it so fiercely.

so yeaH i do find that attitude uncaring....

The coaches don't force anybody to go that hard, but some of the elite athletes will push themselves that far. The coaches I work with are great about accepting limits, but I do have to remind them sometimes that NO, I can't run, and will be rowing in the work out. It's not at all like that Biggest Loser stuff with the yelling; it's encouraging but not mean.

:barf: almost lost my lunch in the gym during boot camp. We did our warm up outside and it's very hot and muggy out. Then we went to the gym for our circuit for alternating of cardio and strength training. It was really warm in there and I started to feel like I was going to throw up and all then my trainer looked at me and said I was really white and maybe I should go to the bathroom. I walked in there and it was freeeeezing so just having that blast of cool air made me feel better. I got a cold towel and went back to the class to try to do another round but I barely made it through and told my trainer I was done for the night. I stayed but wasn't able to do much. A half hour later I was told I was still really white. But I feel fine now. I came home and had pizza for dinner :reject:

I think I was just way too warm because my trainer has pushed me a lot harder than what we did tonight and I've felt fine. But I knew the minute we walked into the gym from being outside that it was going to be a rough workout. Just glad I didn't actually throw up. I think I would have crawled in a hole and died if that would have happened. My trainer has said that several people have thrown up in her class so she's used to it :happy:

I know a couple people who've barfed at crossfit class. But yeah, totally embarrassing anyway. Glad you're feeling better.

Oh and here´s old trailer from Leon, if you havent seen it, just rent/dload it, still one of the best movies I´ve seen, ever

Leon: The Professional (1994) TRAILER (HD) - YouTube

I love this movie. I used to have my hair really short like that and I remember being really flattered when my friend saw that movie and said I looked like Natalie Portman.

"This is from... Matilda... *BOOOM!!!!!*"

cute!

Puking is a badge of honor at CrossFit. They even have an I Met Pukie t-shirt about it. Only seen it happen once, to a really cute guy in the middle of push ups, outside, luckily. As I recall, we were doing an end of month test to see how improved numbers were and that threw off his score.

I know a couple people who've barfed at crossfit class. But yeah, totally embarrassing anyway. Glad you're feeling better.

I would have died!!!! Especially since we work out in the gym with basketball going next to us. It would be different if we were in the fitness center where there's garbage cans around. But if I really would have puked it would have been on the basketball court, witnessed by the walkers on the track above us and about 20 people playing basketball next to us. Plus I'd never hear the end of it from my trainer. I think she was kind of disappointed in me that I stopped working out because what we were doing really wasn't that bad compared to some other weeks. I know I was just way too overheated from being outside and then being in a really hot gym.

I would have died!!!! Especially since we work out in the gym with basketball going next to us. It would be different if we were in the fitness center where there's garbage cans around. But if I really would have puked it would have been on the basketball court, witnessed by the walkers on the track above us and about 20 people playing basketball next to us. Plus I'd never hear the end of it from my trainer. I think she was kind of disappointed in me that I stopped working out because what we were doing really wasn't that bad compared to some other weeks. I know I was just way too overheated from being outside and then being in a really hot gym.

Ooooooh, all over that nice basketball floor! The CrossFit place is just a double wide industrial park bay with roll up garage doors on the front. You can run around the corner of the building or out the back into some pushes to hurl.

It's good you didn't bow to trainer pressure though. Every time I've gotten injured it's because I've wanted to be the cooperative good attitude girl and added weight I shouldn't to the bar, or done jumping pull ups on a box or something stupid like that. I know better now.

The great thing about CrossFit is half the people there are police/fire/emt/nurses, so if you do go down, somebody will know what to do. I noticed all of the best coaches are police officers in their real jobs.

Everyone I know who has done/does CrossFit has gotten injured. I stay clear of it. The one time I did it, I couldn't walk for two days after. I can do that on my own - in fact 2 days ago I did squats, lunges, single leg squats and glute-busters (a routine from my physical therapist) and today my butt and quads still hurt when I sit down.

Anyone have fun plans this weekend? (3 day weekend for the yankees) I'm going swimming today and tomorrow, Mr.Z has a gig tonight, volunteering at the last water station on a race course on Monday morning, then might go hiking in the mountains with the family Monday afternoon.

i'll be going to my sis's today/eve/late night b/c i'm taking a car service there & back while she's away till tomorrow. Near by:heart: big park, cable tv and her laptop (mine's heavyish to lug around). Her CD player - is iffy now...It played 3 weeks earlier or so; last week it didn't play at all. Some good movies on cable tonight,too.

As for the rest of the weekend ...eh... there's no place close to me for either a park or say crafts to take a car service to either day. I'll find some ways to amuse myself...:hmm: maybe finish a :love: necklace. I didn't want to use AaR since i wanted more flexibilty when I'd go to my sib's house...which was a good thing b/c she called me last night andchanged her return to earlier in the day tomorrow.
I'll schedule some Access-a-Ride trips when the weather is going to be lovely again (?maybe thurs, fri) to some parks, art /or craft supplies. :D

enjoy your Sat day see you all later! :wave:

:grumpy::gah::grumpy:

I hate it when i do something reaaaaaally stoopid even if there's no physical pain involved. I went up to my sis's as i said i would. As i approached the building door.......

....i realized I'd left her keys back home......aaarrrrggggg!!! :
So i spent 32$ car service round trip for practically nothing! I did takeb 2 nice phoots of the park (telephoto) i really don't have that kind of money to toss around. :sigh:

wow - where is everyone?
ha! You sound like me arriving in here a lot of the time!

ooh - necklace, eh? Beads or something else?

:D i have some black leather cord that I - i thnk i braided it-- and bagged up these really pretty pewter-like off-center tipped hearts w decorations of same material on them, some gray water pearls and maybe some labradorite together so i could put them together some way. :)

Everyone I know who has done/does CrossFit has gotten injured. I stay clear of it. The one time I did it, I couldn't walk for two days after. I can do that on my own - in fact 2 days ago I did squats, lunges, single leg squats and glute-busters (a routine from my physical therapist) and today my butt and quads still hurt when I sit down.
n.

You have to be really careful, I guess with any program. Their certification is a little suspect but the box I go to has trainers I trust. Not being able to walk is half the fun!

It's good you didn't bow to trainer pressure though. Every time I've gotten injured it's because I've wanted to be the cooperative good attitude girl and added weight I shouldn't to the bar, or done jumping pull ups on a box or something stupid like that. I know better now.

my trainer is awesome. I work out with her one on one and take one of her classes. She pushes me a lot harder than I push myself when I work out alone, which is why I pay her! I don't think she realized how close to puking I really was and just thought maybe I needed to sit one set out. Last week we had to do squats with a bar. All of the other girls in the class used a 10 or 15 pound bar but I had to use a 35 pound bar. At first I was like WTF but she told me to try it to see if I could handle it and once I did I realized that I could manage that. It was tough and I certainly felt it the next day but I know I would cheated myself out of a good workout if I used the 15 pound bar, which I probably would have done if she wouldn't have picked for me. That happens weekly where I pick a lower weight because I think that's all I can do and she says no way and gives me something twice as heavy. She's always right. But I do know what you mean about trainer pressure. I kind of had that in a lift and pump class I was taking so I quit.

why do people think it's ok to ask questions that aren't any of their business? I have a pregnant friend and she's always saying how now that she's showing people feel the need to ask her all sorts of bizarre questions regarding her growing belly. My sister and her bf own a home together but have no plans on marriage or kids. They've lived together for 7 years too. They get asked constantly when they're getting married or why my sister isn't pregnant yet. My sister is a very career oriented person and has little desire to be a mom. The bf is divorced with 2 kids and he feels like that's enough for him. Neither my brother or I have ever been married or close to it, no kids. I live with my parents for various reasons. Both the no kids thing and living with them are two incredibly open wounds for me. If had I nieces and nephews then maybe I wouldn't be so upset about not being a mom myself but I don't even have those in my life. Tonight my parents and I went to dinner with some family from out of town. Usually they ask when I'm moving out but tonight they made fun of my parents for not being grandparents. That's also a sore spot for my mom because she wants to be a grandma and most likely won't since we're all 35-41 years old. They told me I'm not getting any younger so I should get on that kids thing soon. I shouldn't have let it ruin my dinner but I just stopped eating and excused myself to the bathroom for a bit. They asked my mom if they said something wrong and she said yes. I would never dream of asking anyone some of the things my siblings and I are all asked....or what my pregnant friend (s) have all said about their experiences. Before my latest friend got pregnant she was continuously asked right after her wedding when they were starting a family. I texted my sister at the dinner table tonight and told her what they said and she told me these relatives were on her shit list now....mine too. And to think I made them a special dessert today at work, which they are eating in the dining room right now. I wanted to throw it in the garbage when I got home. :happy:

I should add that this is a cousin of my mom's that grew up down the street from her and my aunt. They were very close growing up and my mom has always said he was more like a brother than a cousin back then because the families were always together (he's an only child). They've always remained very close over the years even though he moved away for college and never moved back. So it's not even like this was a random stranger that said something. It's someone that knows my family very well. If they feel the need to ask why I live her or why I don't have kids then they could ask my mom on the phone since they talk all the time. They don't need to embarrass me at a restaurant where I can't even escape. I only went with because it's a place on the river and really quite beautiful there. I usually go there a lot over the summer and have only been there once, in early June, and didn't even go to this particular restaurant. So I wanted to go just to say I went there at least once this summer and then my night gets ruined by this crap....

arw, :hug:

That is incredibly rude of them, and anyone who asks such personal questions like that of anyone else, family or not. It does seem to be those subjects that for some reason many people feel is fair game to ask about, and how they don't see how personal and possibly hurtful those subjects are, is just crazy. :down:

That was great that your mom told them the truth when they asked if they'd said something wrong. So many people don't want to embarrass the other people (though they certainly deserve it!) so they don't admit it. But good for her :up: for saying so. Maybe they will get a clue in the future. :|

:hug: I hope you have some of your dessert and try to forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom