PGP: Off with the yellow pants, Bono! (On with the leather...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea and I are off to the store to get some chocolate chips. I think we hear some future cookies calling our name. :wave:

arw, :hug:

That is incredibly rude of them, and anyone who asks such personal questions like that of anyone else, family or not. It does seem to be those subjects that for some reason many people feel is fair game to ask about, and how they don't see how personal and possibly hurtful those subjects are, is just crazy. :down:

That was great that your mom told them the truth when they asked if they'd said something wrong. So many people don't want to embarrass the other people (though they certainly deserve it!) so they don't admit it. But good for her :up: for saying so. Maybe they will get a clue in the future. :|

:hug: I hope you have some of your dessert and try to forget about it.

the funny thing is that up until a few months ago we thought one of their daughters was a lesbian. Not that it would matter to any of us since I come from a very liberal family and no one would give a crap about something like that. It's been mentioned even by these cousins that they think she's a lesbian and they're only upset that she's hiding it. The wife of this couple even broke down last year in front of my mom because she feels so hurt that her daughter wouldn't feel comfortable just telling them about this aspect of her life. Well I guess she has a boyfriend now and they're moving in together next month. She's had longtime boyfriends in the past but I guess in recent years she's had a lot of "close" female friends. My sis and I have have always thought she's a lesbian so when her mom mentioned this to my mom, it took everything my mom had not to say that we've always thought this of her. When I texted my sister at dinner tonight with what they said she responded saying I should just randomly ask when the daughter is going to come out of the closet to see how they liked being asked a sensitive question like that. But....she's either bi or she just really had close female friends because she's talking about marriage with this guy.

If this wasn't a close family member to my mom I don't think she would have told the truth so easily. She might have lied to cover up but I think given who it was she was able to say it upset me. I'm already feeling really crappy about life these days over my job situation. So it just made it worse getting the loser comments about being single and living at home. They didn't actually mention in front of me living here but since they always do it was on my mind and I was worried it was going to come up. The last time was when I went to see them on my vacation in Jan and one of them yelled across the table asking when I was moving out. Don't get it. My parents don't care I'm here and just spend lots of money remodeling my living space for me. It bothers me that I don't have my own space and they know my every move but I don't let it really get to me because there's nothing I can do to change it right now. One of my closet friends lives with her parents as well because she's in the same situation I am with jobs. She gets comments all time from one her sisters about what a loser she is for living with them. I would kill my siblings if those comments were ever said to me from them. But we aren't like that so I know they wouldn't ever dream of saying anything to me because they know how hard it is to find steady work in my industry right now.

oh....and I don't actually eat desserts that I make. :tsk: I'd weight 10,000 pounds if I did. Every so often I'll eat something if it's lemon. Anything and everything lemon (even the song!) makes me really happy...but this was chocolate and I don't like chocolate.

My sister and her bf own a home together but have no plans on marriage or kids. They've lived together for 7 years too. They get asked constantly when they're getting married or why my sister isn't pregnant yet. My sister is a very career oriented person and has little desire to be a mom.

This in particular always drives me nuts. I've been fortunate to not get this particular question from relatives yet, but I still find it annoying when people do ask it-not everyone wants to get married right away, if at all. And not everyone wants to have kids (and then if they ask the children question to a couple who wants kids but can't physically have them, that's even worse).

The pregnancy ones are stupid, too. I always get a kick out of the random people who think it's okay to just go up and start touching a pregnant woman's belly. Excuse me? How about asking permission first? And if you're a stranger, think for a second-why the hell would a woman feel comfortable about someone she doesn't know touching her like that? I don't get how people think that's perfectly okay.

I guess if that family is as close as you note, they probably figure everything should be out in the open and people should be honest and stuff. But there's also a thing called privacy, and we're all entitled to having a bit of it, and not divulging every last detail of your life to someone doesn't mean you don't care about them or whatever. It just means that, really, it's not any of your business or concern. And if they're as close as you say, you'd think they'd have known that fact by now. I'm glad your mom made no bones about letting them know they said something intrusive, I hope they get the hint from that.

Also, if you're a "loser" for being single and living at home, then, hey, join the club, I'm apparently a loser, too :p. I can easily sympathize with you here, as I HAVE gotten the job and living situation stuff from relatives as well, and had relatives asking why I haven't been to college. It's very annoying. I know they mean well and are making conversation, but my god, I still feel like I want to say, "I only see you every so often, you don't live with me nor are you affected by any of what I do, so why the heck do you need to know this information?"

:wave: hi tara how r u?

Sorry I missed this the first time 'round...

I'm ok. How are you?

why do people think it's ok to ask questions that aren't any of their business? I have a pregnant friend and she's always saying how now that she's showing people feel the need to ask her all sorts of bizarre questions regarding her growing belly. My sister and her bf own a home together but have no plans on marriage or kids. They've lived together for 7 years too. They get asked constantly when they're getting married or why my sister isn't pregnant yet. My sister is a very career oriented person and has little desire to be a mom. The bf is divorced with 2 kids and he feels like that's enough for him. Neither my brother or I have ever been married or close to it, no kids. I live with my parents for various reasons. Both the no kids thing and living with them are two incredibly open wounds for me. If had I nieces and nephews then maybe I wouldn't be so upset about not being a mom myself but I don't even have those in my life. Tonight my parents and I went to dinner with some family from out of town. Usually they ask when I'm moving out but tonight they made fun of my parents for not being grandparents. That's also a sore spot for my mom because she wants to be a grandma and most likely won't since we're all 35-41 years old. They told me I'm not getting any younger so I should get on that kids thing soon. I shouldn't have let it ruin my dinner but I just stopped eating and excused myself to the bathroom for a bit. They asked my mom if they said something wrong and she said yes. I would never dream of asking anyone some of the things my siblings and I are all asked....or what my pregnant friend (s) have all said about their experiences. Before my latest friend got pregnant she was continuously asked right after her wedding when they were starting a family. I texted my sister at the dinner table tonight and told her what they said and she told me these relatives were on her shit list now....mine too. And to think I made them a special dessert today at work, which they are eating in the dining room right now. I wanted to throw it in the garbage when I got home. :happy:

I should add that this is a cousin of my mom's that grew up down the street from her and my aunt. They were very close growing up and my mom has always said he was more like a brother than a cousin back then because the families were always together (he's an only child). They've always remained very close over the years even though he moved away for college and never moved back. So it's not even like this was a random stranger that said something. It's someone that knows my family very well. If they feel the need to ask why I live her or why I don't have kids then they could ask my mom on the phone since they talk all the time. They don't need to embarrass me at a restaurant where I can't even escape. I only went with because it's a place on the river and really quite beautiful there. I usually go there a lot over the summer and have only been there once, in early June, and didn't even go to this particular restaurant. So I wanted to go just to say I went there at least once this summer and then my night gets ruined by this crap....

:hug: I get that all the time too. :hug:

chocolate dipped fortune cookies?
This made me :giggle:

Wedding was great. Exhausted and drunk. But it was amazing. Now to pass out for just a few hours before having to get up and do more stuff tomorrow. Thank jeebus the guests are all leaving in the morning. I'm gonna be so wiped/hungover tomorrow. LOL. These kids can PARTY! :wink:

I'm surprised Lori-Jo hasn't popped in yet with that video up :lol: Guess she's still recovering from celebrating the Riders' blowout win yesterday :wink:

today is the last day for the outdoor pool at my gym :sigh: I love everything about autumn in Minnesota with the leaves changing but this season means that winter will soon be here. Plus as a pastry chef I thrive around all of the apples, pumpkins, cranberry, hazelnut, maple and other fall flavors. Not to mention football starts. However, I'm a spring and summer girl so I'll give up everything that's great about this season to start over right now in late March. I already miss summer and it's in the 80's here today.

well you do live in or close to The Northern Tier.

Since i missed most of the Spring/Summer here :( i have
to cram in a whole bunch of "outside in glorious Late
Summer/ Early Fall (which is often like late Summer)"
trips to parks & esplanades by the river with my finally
Access-a-Ride avalibility!

:lol: Everything of those ingrediants except usually the
pumpkin appeal to me...substitute yams for pumpkin
and I'm in! :D

Has never looked up where Maple Candy might be
sold here in NYC! :lol:

JJ thanks for tyhe Edge YT vid... will listen/drool over in a while!:lol:

:lol: :der: :lol:

before i get the heck to sleep.....

So i'm watchingb Grimm last week (and watched earlier the
latest episode) and there's a key guest role thar advances a major part of the story.....

i started to stare at the actor once i'd seen him during several scenes in the first half of show and realized he DID look familiar!

but where, when...
they reran that episode last night , too.

even more" i know this face".........

so i got his name tonight Mark Pelligrino.
It ran a vauge bell but no other info so i
finally went to wiki...

aha! He played Jacob in Lost!!!
I think i was partly thrown off b/c this character
was much more animated than Jacob usually was.

take care everyone! :wave::wave:
:lol: nice to know my visual sensibilities are mostly in tact! :D

This is what the sky looked like last night, not my pic

lQv5I.jpg

had to make coffee and went outside to look for an hour or so :love:

Yeap, woke u in middle of the night to that lightshow, was wondering inside why it´s so damn bright in here :lol:

and swallows have fecked of to south, can have my mountainbike back :yippie: , going to miss em tho :sad:

arw said:
today is the last day for the outdoor pool at my gym :sigh: I love everything about autumn in Minnesota with the leaves changing but this season means that winter will soon be here. Plus as a pastry chef I thrive around all of the apples, pumpkins, cranberry, hazelnut, maple and other fall flavors. Not to mention football starts. However, I'm a spring and summer girl so I'll give up everything that's great about this season to start over right now in late March. I already miss summer and it's in the 80's here today.

Yesterday was probably the last day for the beach. I might be able to squeak out one more day at a local beach, but we probably won't be going the cape again for a few week.
September is always a weird transitional month for me. Probably goes back to a kid when I'd be going from my dad's where I spent the summer to my moms and school. I'm usually tired of my summer clothes but it's too warm for pants and sweaters. I think of all the things we wanted to do over the summer but just ran out of time. And up winter can last 5 months it seems around here if we get our first snow in November and last in March.

But I love fall. I love crisp days and warm smells. I love the holidays.

I can't wait for October this year. I have friends visiting. The new iphone and I'm going to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom