PGP: Duck and Cover - Here Comes the Holiday Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so sick. :( I'm really afraid I won't be able to sing our concerts this weekend. If my cough doesn't get better, I probably won't even go to be in the audience.

:( :( :(

VP - there are pretty little happy pills for that exact purpose! :wink: I used to take Ativan for my crazy anxiety whenever I flew. I'd be so relaxed that I'd fall asleep almost instantly, once I got in my seat, and I'd be asleep for the majority of the flight. I've been able to wean myself off of that over the past few years, and am mostly okay to fly unmedicated now. I still get super nervous at times during flights, but I'm not the wreck that I used to be.

I definitely understand your fears, though. :hug: It sucks.

I remember you talking about that. She was actually going to get something, but then a week ago she told me she decided against it, in case there was some sort of problem where she needed to be alert to put on an oxygen mask. :lmao: She's a nut.

Xanax, baby, Xanax. :wink:

...and Wine? :shifty:

I am so sick. :( I'm really afraid I won't be able to sing our concerts this weekend. If my cough doesn't get better, I probably won't even go to be in the audience.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. :( :hug: Hope you're feeling better ASAP.

The good news: I have a lot of Jameson's left - I thought I'd finished the last bottle I'd bought. So yay, I can have the whiskey tea with honey!

The bad news: I have to go to the store to get more tea. :scream:

And leather pants!

I love flying except for the part where I am WAY too impatient to sit still for like 2 hours.

For me, part of it's fear and part of it's control freakishness - I don't like to be put into new situations where there's literally no escape. I've always said that if there were some sort of flight simulator where I could feel what it's like and know what to expect, I'd probably be fine.

Thanks Thora. :hug:

GG, she's going to the Cayman Islands, for my niece's half marathon to raise money for the Arthritis Society. My sister is the one who has rheumatoid arthritis, and my niece is running for her, so she sort of got guilted into going, too.

Because I'd get on the plane and lose it and they'd have to put me in a straitjacket or land somewhere to let me off, and it would be this whole huge international incident, and really, really embarrassing. :wink:

Oh wow that's nice of your neice to do. :up:

You don't like flying then? :wink: What if Bono invited you over to Ireland?

For me, part of it's fear and part of it's control freakishness - I don't like to be put into new situations where there's literally no escape. I've always said that if there were some sort of flight simulator where I could feel what it's like and know what to expect, I'd probably be fine.

Sit in an uncomfortable chair for 2 hours. Hire a small kid to occasionally kick the back. Allow yourself 3 pretzels halfway through. There ya go. ;)

This. :up: I take a LOT of vitamin C every day. Like 5,000 mg. I increase it by a couple thousand more when I get a cold, which I rarely ever do.

Not to be annoying, but that's completely useless. The body doesn't take more than about 100 mg vitamin c a day, the rest you pee all out. High doses have never proven to be better for your health.

Not to be annoying, but that's completely useless. The body doesn't take more than about 100 mg vitamin c a day, the rest you pee all out. High doses have never proven to be better for your health.

Depends what study you read, I've read some pro and some anti-megadosing. Have you read any of Linus Pauling's work? I have a link to a fascinating interview done with him, if you're interested.

One thing I've noticed since I started taking it years ago, and this was completely unexpected, I didn't realize there was a correlation till after the fact, but my allergies are MUCH better, I haven't had to take meds for them in years. And as far as colds and general health goes, maybe it is a placebo effect, but even if that's all it is (which I doubt), it's worth it to me. :up: I literally go years without having a cold. Get one once maybe once every 3 or 4 years.

Depends what study you read, I've read some pro and some anti-megadosing. Have you read any of Linus Pauling's work? I have a link to a fascinating interview done with him, if you're interested.

One thing I've noticed since I started taking it years ago, and this was completely unexpected, I didn't realize there was a correlation till after the fact, but my allergies are MUCH better, I haven't had to take meds for them in years. And as far as colds and general health goes, maybe it is a placebo effect, but even if that's all it is (which I doubt), it's worth it to me. :up: I literally go years without having a cold. Get one once maybe once every 3 or 4 years.

I haven't read that, just some regular stuff here. Please link me. :)

Ah well if it works for you it's good. :D

Ugh - hope you're feeling better soon! :hug:

I remember you talking about that. She was actually going to get something, but then a week ago she told me she decided against it, in case there was some sort of problem where she needed to be alert to put on an oxygen mask. :lmao: She's a nut.

:lol: That's awesome. I'm sure a flight attendant would try to help you out! :wink:

THIS! :hi5: It's all about lack of control. And being locked into a small enclosed space with so many people for several hours. :lol: :uhoh: And the unfamiliar, creepy noises that planes make, etc. etc.

I haven't read that, just some regular stuff here. Please link me. :)

Ah well if it works for you it's good. :D

It's loooong, but it's super interesting.

Linus Pauling: Nobel Prize Scientist

I have one of his books, too. If you read it, let me know what you think!

THIS! :hi5: It's all about lack of control. And being locked into a small enclosed space with so many people for several hours. :lol: :uhoh: And the unfamiliar, creepy noises that planes make, etc. etc.

YES, someone who understands! I always think that when I try to articulate why I'm afraid, I'll sound nuts. :lol: Most situations, if you're uncomfortable or decide you really can't do it, you can leave. On a plane, you're totally stuck. It's all about lack of control. :scream:

Thanks Jem! :hug: You're off work today?

YES, someone who understands! I always think that when I try to articulate why I'm afraid, I'll sound nuts. :lol: Most situations, if you're uncomfortable or decide you really can't do it, you can leave. On a plane, you're totally stuck. It's all about lack of control. :scream:

:hi5: I've had many different control issues for most of my life. :lol: :happy: Exactly - I always bolt whenever I'm starting to get freaked out, but on a plane you can't. :lol: Hence, my need to be heavily medicated so that I can be calm and somewhat rational (ie: passed out asleep :lol: ) the entire time.

Cori, hope you feel better. It would be a shame to miss the concert after all that extra rehearsal.

on another note...
worst. morning. ever.
Had a terrible dream that would not end, even after I woke up and went back to sleep - it just picked up where it left off... TWICE!

Woke up with a headache

As I pulled out of the driveway this morning, I noticed that someone had stolen our Christmas decorations. Who does that????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then on the way to work, I ran a yellow light that turned red when I was in the intersection and the ticket camera flashed. If I get a ticket, that's the 2nd in 2 years and I can't do traffic school, which means points on my record, which means higher insurance rates.

And one of my students mouthed off to me this morning. I kinda hate her.

Feeling a little stabby at this point :crack:

Thanks Jem! :hug: You're off work today?

Yes.:hyper: We have this thing at work where you can ring in from 7.25am and request a "duvet day". For some reason my work calls them snail days. :huh::lol: Its so hard to get through to the team you have to ring for them but after 2mins of hitting redial I got through. :yippie: Was sooo tired this morning as didn't sleep well so got a lie in. :drool::love:

VP :hi5: for you getting the groceries. :hug: Good luck to your niece. :hug:

Cori. Sorry to hear you are so sick. :( I hope you feel better soon. Rest up and take care of yourself. :hug::hug:

Random facts and confessions thread = :huh::|:crack:

Yeah... he was in IO before that.... :crack: is about right.

Back
Top Bottom