PGP: Duck and Cover - Here Comes the Holiday Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my damn. So wish I could go to Disneyland during Christmas season. We're going in Feb (I've probably said that a million times already) and I'm super excited. Purty castle pics.

Guh. I want to go to Disneyland at Christmas too! So sparkly!! :love:

Yay, Ali! Hope it's an awesome show!! :hyper:

zu, I hope tomorrow's a kick-assingly awesome day for you. :hug:

Somne of my multi-quotes didn't show up...
just names/coomenrts then.

OMG the people crawling across the street!
I have on rare occasion been tempted to do so. And now that I see that it actually has happened, I may keep that in way back of my mind as plan D. I also ( had I had someting to keep my ass warm/protected) have been tempted to sit down and semi-slide down an icy hill, as well!

I take a LOT of vitamin C every day. Like 5,000 mg. I increase it by a couple thousand more when I get a cold, which I rarely ever do.
Wow, 5 grams a day! I used to for 12+ yrs take 2 -3 grams a day. Then as money became tight in the early 90's recession i stopped. Occasionaly i'd start up again, then really stopped. In the last 2 years or so I've been trying get back at least up to 1 -2 grams again. Doing some what better this round!

And good you were patient with GG <hi, GG :D> I've got one of the temple tension headaches w queasy tummy :yuck: Blarg. It really messes me up activity-wise, and I get snippy too. I almsot was going to be snippy! (sorry GG)
Actually I was surprised, GG- b/c usually in Europe people are much more knowledgeable about Vits/minerals & herbs than USA'rs.

Yeah when your immune system is under attack the body absorbs much more vit C as a immune booster. If you add higher doses in general you give your system the extra boost before hand, and often you are more protected from diseases.
I rarely get colds. I get maybe 1 - 2 sinus infections a year, and sometimes I can feel the very beginning of stuff - I grab the C up the dose, and BAM those times have sent it away- so i have had less of them b/c of the C. (also homeopathic remedies for colds do the same thing of knocking them out- so ha i'v e forgotten that I've used that often in the past 10 years- GOOD now I don't feel stoopiud that i've neglected that aspect!)
ANd while I haven't had the vit C the way I ued to- I also eat even more variety of foods ( than I did 15 years ago - which I'd aleready had eaten so many more things/cuisines) that contain various phyto- something or other <:yawn: tired> than also are major immune boosters.

You don't like flying then? : wink: What if Bono invited you over to Ireland?
Break out those oars, VP ! :lol: :hug: =0 I didn't know you hadn't flown yet?
I asked for Ativan going to Puerto Rico (by jet), then forgot to fill it! I did get towards the high end of uncomfortable physical abxiety symptoms, luckily the TV for TV/Movies on the back of the Airplane seat really helped once they turned that on!!

ow, Ow, OW VP! SO glad you at least made it to the store & back! :hug:sss Hope u feel better tomorrow> you really need Boiron's Arnica Montana 30C! (homeopathic pills)

THIS! :hi5 : It's all about lack of control.
I have other issues re lack of control, in my case I just am afraid of the plane dropping out of the sky. I often do not have problems during landing and most of take-offs; where in that's where most peoplke are the most anxious (not taking about extra stuff to make people upset - bad weather)

Even if someone was desperate for decorations... you don't steal them off another's house! :huh: And wouldn't it be obvious if another house in the neighbourhood suddenly have your decorations? It makes no sense. They're christmas decorations so not worth stealing either!
I'm sorry Zu but GG's comment made me laugh. And somehow I missed quoting your post.

Man, that bites some effing creep stealing your decorations! Myabe you should drive around your area around sunset or so and see if someone has some of them inside their house!

oh nasty getting a tix.
Trust me, the end part of ther last dream I had before I woke up made yours like a "picnic". I often have some pretty wild dreams ( some very interesting) , but they one this really, really went awry! :yikes:

I'm attempting to study better by listening to Beethoven.
I think it's working :hyper :

....or at least it's putting me in a more academic mood : lol:
:lol:

Ok Wildy not having a good time : (

NI's mum is in hospital with a bleed on the brain. : sad:
oh WIld! Damn!!! :hug: Prayers sent!!

My niece was in a car accident this afternoon and is in the hospital. I think she's pretty ok, but waiting to hear more!

Why did we all have such crappy days ?
caught your later post...glad it's not so bad hug

I was telling Amy we should get a bartender in Montreal to invent us a shot called Leather Pants. Then I decided I wanted one called Edge's equipment....
blahahahaaa
as we know the color (or colors when you are makin gone of those drinks were 2 or more liquor/liqours ( of diiferent colors sit sperately ontop of each other) of a drink often plays a part in presentation-- LP woild have to be a kaluah with milk and some thing else <NOT ZVodka, obviously> and EEwith be a pale pink, yes? Tomatoe juice juice diluted with half &? half < hmm, maybe not...> uh, coconutmilk? and what achoholic inggidient(s) and SBS came on while I was typing this spoiler! It's a sign MTE! This SO must happen !!! :lmao:

:wink:

cori > feel better! {hugs}
sends Edge over with Vicks Vapor Rub! : D

Damn, what is with all the horrible crap going on to our PLEBA girls right now :(? It's Christmastime, doesn't everyone deserve a break and some happiness? Wild, here's hoping Mom gets better soon :hug:. Ms The Edge, glad your niece is all right-I don't blame her for being a bit shaken up, sorry to hear she was in the accident. But so happy to hear she's okay.

Cori, ergh, flu or cold, either one sucks like mad. Sorry you're sick, hope you get well soon and you can do your concerts (you'd better be able to after all the grueling work you put in!)-may they be amazing and bring the house down :hug: :)!

And this...

Cori, hope you feel better. It would be a shame to miss the concert after all that extra rehearsal.

on another note...
worst. morning. ever.
Had a terrible dream that would not end, even after I woke up and went back to sleep - it just picked up where it left off... TWICE!

Woke up with a headache

As I pulled out of the driveway this morning, I noticed that someone had stolen our Christmas decorations. Who does that????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then on the way to work, I ran a yellow light that turned red when I was in the intersection and the ticket camera flashed. If I get a ticket, that's the 2nd in 2 years and I can't do traffic school, which means points on my record, which means higher insurance rates.

And one of my students mouthed off to me this morning. I kinda hate her.

Feeling a little stabby at this point :crack:

...no crap, who the hell thinks it's okay to go stealing people's property like that? Way to be a Grinch, anonymous decorations stealer :down: :tsk:. And mouthy students-ugh. Times like that I'm kind of glad I'm not in school anymore. I got annoyed with mouthy students and I was a student.

And sorry about everything else you went through as well :hug:. I don't blame you for being a bit short, I likely would be, too. Headache gone, at least? Maybe try watching some U2 stuff tonight, try and get your brain to give you happy U2 dreams instead of icky nightmares.

Big :grouphug: to everybody here. Here's hoping everyone's fortunes begin to look up very soon.

In other topics, VP, I can totally sympathize with you on your flying fears. I've only flown once in my life, and that was from Minnesota to California and back in 1997-went out to California to visit relatives for a couple weeks. The flight out wasn't too bad, but the flight back...sucked. We were delayed 2 hours because of a hydraulics issue, then we got into the air and ran into turbulence 'cause the Plains were getting some horrifically nasty thunderstorms, one of which we had to wind up flying around because it was so big-yeah, that was oh-so-fun :|. Then we get to Minneapolis and are stranded on the plane for another hour or so because we park in the wrong terminal (and it's unbearably hot in the cabin and some lady's yelling that she's going to get off the plane right now even though we haven't actually, you know, STOPPED yet), THEN we find out after we landed that we were nearly out of gas while we were still in the air-gee, good thing we managed to hold on to the end of the flight!

And then my family couldn't find our luggage for the longest time, then we finally leave around sometime after midnight (we were supposed to have left for home around, like, sometime between 9:30 and 10:30 pm), and on the way home we run into...more thunderstorms! Add in the fact that the staff on our flight was kind of rude and not very helpful and all that other stuff and, yeah. Good times, mmhm. I'll fly again if I ever have to for one reason or another, but it's not exactly something that excites me.

History of Britain
Key Concepts of Ethnology
Ancient and Medieval Political Thought
World Religions
Criminal Law

I have all my electives this semester, except for one, and all my classes that I'm majoring in next semester.

:crack: Ummmmm...so, some of those classes would actually interest me, but good lord, the thought of doing essays on ALL of them within a short time frame...no way. I wish you the best of luck with all of the work for those classes, I've no doubt you'd likely do a lot better at it than I would. Just keep repeating to yourself that Christmas is coming and the essays will all be over soon, you'll get a holiday break shortly.

Nothing overly earth-shattering here, other than today at work at one point I had, like, 5 or 6 people descending on me at once to ask me where such-and-such section was in the store or where a certain author's books were or things of that nature. Also, is it too much to ask that people, when they come into the store, can tell a bookstore employee at least either the exact title or the author, if not both, of a book they're looking for? It would sure make my effort to help search for it SO much easier.

Angela

Adorable dork

325274-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

324599-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

:cute:

325299-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

325233-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

325205-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

324626-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

325234-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

311148-u2-and-hamish-blake.jpg

325172-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

:love:

ooooo thanks comet!

:cute::lol:

and :drool: for the one of Bono front view/arms raised!
Different scarf! can't :hmm: quite tell what the repeating motif is ......

Edge's Brown ( or is it black- lighting affecting color) Leather Jacket! yum! (As well as the man in it :D)

and more big :hugs: for Zooey and everyone who's having a shit time. :( I'm thinking of you all under the claw tonight - wish you were here!!

Back
Top Bottom