PGP: Advanced Studies in Carpentry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, western windows in the living room, and only crummy blinds covering them. It's usually not bad on hot days until mid to late afternoon. But when we have a streak of hot days, the place doesn't cool down from day to day, so it's just kind of crummy.

My bedroom faces east, so it's where I usually set up camp in the evening, and lug my fans in there.

I have the same issue. I live in a side-by-side duplex, two stories, and most of my windows are on the south and south-west side (my mom used to live in the other side, so her place had opposite windows mostly)...and so my place really heats up late in the day. I have a 10,000 btw window a/c, which starting last year was good, but became less good on crazy hot days (before two years ago, it would make it freezer-like in here). Made it bearable, but not comfortable if you were moving around or doing anything. My mom moved into a retirement home last year, so now I have her two year old portable a/c, again, 10,000 btu, and I put that in hoping it would be better, but it's about the same. When it approaches 40C, it makes it bearable, that's all.

So yeah, late afternoon/early evening, my place heats up too, even with a/c.

:lol:

When I was a lot younger, I may or may not have written Duran Duran fanfiction ... with a total Mary Sue lead character. :shifty:

I wish upon all that is holy I still had them, just so I could go back and read what my approximation of sex was way back then. So sorry they were lost along the way. Or destroyed in a fit of horror.

Ho, YES! I was so thrilled when I heard him using the low voice. When I first heard the album (and I didn't hear anything but GOYB before its official release), the two tracks that stood out to me the most were the title track and Cedars, both just seemed so different and striking from what I was expecting.

Your D/D fanfic comment makes me think of the psychotic fans thread, and how they're all grateful their old fanfic isn't online. :lol: I was talking to Sarah about that a few days ago. She said she has some old Harry Potter fic she posted years ago, but she doesn't think it's available any longer.

This were the two songs that immediately grabbed me, too! I still love them. NLOTH is probably in my top 5 U2 songs ever. Besides them, F-BB and UC have grown on me.

Liz, did you like post 159? :wink:

If by "like" you mean faint, then yes. :faint:

Earlier this year, when my Bono lust was reignited, I went on an insomnia-fueled quest to figure out those lyrics. The ones at atu2 and u2wanderer contradict each other. I actually downloaded a lossless version and started messing around with the sound levels to bring the vocals out. I googled to find if it was possible to isolate vocals on a sound recording. What can I say? When I get on a mission, I go all the way. :lol:

There's also a verrrrry interesting part I heard on the lossless version, just as Edge's solo is starting....kind of moany.

That song is, obviously, just all around very, very sexy. :drool:

I agree with NLOTH. It is one of my faves too! I think that if they opened with that, it would be great. I really loved seeing them perform it in Vegas!:drool:

I have a hard time ranking most of the songs on NLOTH, because I really love most of them. The only things I can say for sure are the bottom there:

Cedars (it struck me upon first listen, and i still quite like it, I just don't listen to it that often)

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap

I'll Go Crazy

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap

Stand Up Comedy

And that's not to say I dislike those songs, I just don't like them nearly as much as the others.

That might be a stretch with SUC - I don't hate it, but I really don't like it very much. But it's still a U2 song, so ... :lol:

Oh, and while CT is low on my album list, I love the live remix about a million ways from Sunday.

And what were the results of your intensive research as to the murmured lyric?

Eager pervs fans want to know!

I'm such a dork that I took notes, and I just found them. :reject: :lol:

Here's what I thought he said over Edge's solo:

Doesn't it feel good
Sure, it's okay
Cause I do this with you
Ahhhh....

Here's what atu2 says:

does it feel good
sure it's okay
cause I dance with you

And u2wanderer:

(So you feel okay?)
(Are you sure it's okay?)
('Cause I want some more)

The third line, "cause I dance with you," sounds wrong when you listen to the lossless, because it sounds like they're missing a syllable, but the u2wanderer doesn't sound right, either.

and if you listen past there with headphones, there's a tiny moany part.

:lol: Anytime!

I remember finding it in '05...can't even remember if I was the first one - if so, I'm sure I found it in the main picture area, and brought it into this thread. Anyway, I encouraged all the others to listen, and Ruff ended up loading a bunch onto her iPod and passing it up and down the GA line at the first Vertigo shows. :lmao:

OMG!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Ruff!!!

Ah.........*the wonders of Technology* meet primal human urges.......

:wink:

I have a hard time ranking most of the songs on NLOTH, because I really love most of them. The only things I can say for sure are the bottom there:

Cedars (it struck me upon first listen, and i still quite like it, I just don't listen to it that often)

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap

I'll Go Crazy

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig gap

Stand Up Comedy

And that's not to say I dislike those songs, I just don't like them nearly as much as the others.

That might be a stretch with SUC - I don't hate it, but I really don't like it very much. But it's still a U2 song, so ... :lol:

Oh, and while CT is low on my album list, I love the live remix about a million ways from Sunday.

I know what you mean. There really aren't any U2 songs I dislike, other than a couple on the back end of ATYCLB - Grace, When I Look At The World and Peace on Earth.

The rest are on like a 3-tiered echelon system, and they regularly move up and down spots, depending on what mood I'm in.

Oh, I don't even think I know what part of the song you're talking about! I was thinking about that brief whispered line right at the beginning.

It sounds to me like "come closer," but others hear .... um ....... I don't even think I can type it without blushing, so ... uh ..... ............................... yeah.

OMG, go get headphones and listen NOW! :lol: It's when Edge's solo starts.

I did an analysis of lyrics at songmeanings.net. :reject: Bono's lyrics, esp 90s ones fascinate me, and I believe they offer a lot of insight into his psychological make-up at the time. :shifty:

The part at the beginning, I know some of the sites say those lyrics say "I want to sink in" and that sort of sounds accurate to me. Not sure what conclusions I came to when I was on my "quest." :lol:

There's a definite "k" sound there - I don't think "come closer" is right.

I ... uh ...... had heard theories that it was .................

I want to suck you

Which, honestly, just makes me feel all funny inside.

And even typing that just makes me go want to take a cold shower.

There's a definite "k" sound there - I don't think "come closer" is right.

I ... uh ...... had heard theories that it was .................

I want to suck you

Which, honestly, just makes me feel all funny inside.

And even typing that just makes me go want to take a cold shower.

I'm gonna blush if I type what I think it is. :reject:

ETA: Never mind! Cori already did in the spoiler tag! :lol:

Oh, my. Why, I've got the vapors!

*fans self*

:lmao:

C'mon girls, don't be shy, I posted my inner (dirty) thoughts!

Bono is a very vapours-giving sort of a guy.

I'm not really sure what alignment the stars were in to give him the combination of voice/looks/intellect/sensibility he has, but if they could bottle that shit...whoa. It would be a very vapours-y world.

It's kind of crazy when you think of it. We're all in a tizzy now just because of his choice of pants this leg. :lol: That's it - it all boils down to pants!

(and what goes in them, I suppose...)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom