Opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really buying into believing that my two favorite bands are about to tour together.

Between Airborne being hush hush about their tour plans, and their most recent album embracing a titanic sound glorifying acts like Bowie and Queen... it just smells like they're considering being on an arena stage.

I'm really buying into believing that my two favorite bands are about to tour together.

Between Airborne being hush hush about their tour plans, and their most recent album embracing a titanic sound glorifying acts like Bowie and Queen... it just smells like they're considering being on an arena stage.
That would be incredible. For me Airborne Toxic Event is the best/favourite band to come along in the last 15 years. Would be a prefect fit too I'd think.............. wait we're talking about Airborne Toxic Event right? Not Airborne the AC/DC sound alike band :lol:.

Yeah haha. "Time to Be a Man" would absolutely blow the roof off in an arena IMO. A real rocker.

I mean, Adam Clayton is the one who made me listen to them more. I discovered them in FIFA 2008 I believe. With Gasoline. And then Adam made a comment about Sometime Around Midnight (which could be a magical song in an arena too) and I listened some more and have been on board ever since. Seen them 15 times!

Yeah haha. "Time to Be a Man" would absolutely blow the roof off in an arena IMO. A real rocker.

I mean, Adam Clayton is the one who made me listen to them more. I discovered them in FIFA 2008 I believe. With Gasoline. And then Adam made a comment about Sometime Around Midnight (which could be a magical song in an arena too) and I listened some more and have been on board ever since. Seen them 15 times!
The first time I heard Sometime Around Midnight I thought it was U2 until Mikel started singing. I fell in love with them almost instantly. I'd love to hear that, Numb, Welcome to Your Wedding Day, Timeless, etc etc. They'd be a perfect opener.

My vote is for airborne too. Otherwise no opener. Seen them 3 times- great live band!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We're 44 days until opening night. There's not going to be an opening act.

When i went to see kasabian in leicester last summer,a big outdoor show,50 thousand people. They didnt announce the support act until 3 days before i think it was. Theres always time to announce them!

Obviously anything is possible... but U2 is an act that normally has fairly well known acts as their openers. Not to mention this is a tour, not one show. So logistically speaking, the closer we get to opening night without an announcement, the less likely it is that there will be an opening act... unless they're planning on doing something totally new and having a small time local act open, which would be cool and all but doesn't fit their MO

Just announced the opening act:

Rollingtones.com: U2 announce Radiohead as support act for Innocence and Experience Tour 2015 dates

Obviously anything is possible... but U2 is an act that normally has fairly well known acts as their openers. Not to mention this is a tour, not one show. So logistically speaking, the closer we get to opening night without an announcement, the less likely it is that there will be an opening act... unless they're planning on doing something totally new and having a small time local act open, which would be cool and all but doesn't fit their MO

My wife said the same thing. Maybe they'll get local acts to open. Kind of fits the 'Innocence' theme.

But I'm starting to think were gonna get no opener and a little bit longer U2 show (&break I'm sure). Which I think is apart of this shows presentation which we still have no idea what it really is.

didn't even make it a genuine URL with a link to Rick Astley or a Kiss video, what a lazy April Fool's :angry:

Just announced the opening act:

Rollingtones.com: U2 announce Radiohead as support act for Innocence and Experience Tour 2015 dates

I lost my shit when i read this???then i realised its April 1st ???

My reaction to April Fool's Jokes:

ldktubzcs1twlx5l4rw5_zpset612k8n.gif

Yeah it's getting stranger by the day... at least for my gig friday the site states it has no opening event. But for U2 it's just... nothing.

Back
Top Bottom