Opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard Guns N Roses are usually pretty prompt.

I was at GnR's infamous (how many of their concerts fit that adjective?) Dayton Ohio show back in '92, when they didn't come on until after midnight. We sat around for almost three hours after opener Soundgarden's set, with Slash occasionally coming onstage to drunkenly(?) mumble something about "technical difficulties". I think the only lines longer than the ones for the ladies' rooms were at the payphones (remember those?), with all the teenagers calling home to delay their parental pickups, or explain why they weren't going to be home by 11:30 after all. To be fair, once the band did show up, the gig was fantastic, and they played for over three hours straight - but most everyone in the arena was too tired to really get into it. I got home around 4:30am.

Believe it or not, I went back the next night for the second show. They came on at a much more respectable 10:30pm - but cut the show short (an hour and a half, I think) when Axl sliced his hand on his microphone stand. Hey, at least we got home at a decent hour, and there wasn't a riot.

Just wondering if the lack of opening act could catch a few of the casual fans out? People coming for the first time or who go to regular gigs could possibly just expect an opener thus if they have seats end up turning up a little later and missing a good portion of the show?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But the tickets say 7:30 and I would assume U2 won't hit the stage till at least 8:15, more likely 8:30 so it'll be similar time to if there was an opener.

it might say on the tickets! hopefully they'll put out an email or something to let people know?

Ticketmaster usually sends an email reminder. I seriously can't remember if I already got it or not. I think I did, but laughed and deleted it, like "LIKE I DON'T ALREADY KNOW HOW MANY DAYS IT IS."

I don't think they usually have "doors open at x, opening act at x" on those emails, though. I may not be remembering correctly.

Can someone from the Vancouver show post the exact time line in here? Going to the Phoenix show, and assuming it will be pretty much the same? I can't make it until halfway through the show and want to make sure I will still catch some of it (if they'll even let me into the arena that late?)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom