Octoberfest in August - Setlist Party München

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
axver sorry to keep going on, but what if people actually DO like that setlist? do you not think its slighty unfair that your pretty much demanding that something they like should be changed?

and comments like "U2 get your fcuking act together dont really sound like a "request" to be honest"

KUEFC09U2 said:
no according to some people it dosent matter what the show was like, all that matters is us sittin here behing are computers,

I'll reiterate a point made by Niceman earlier: some people don;t seem to understand that comments about a setlist are not comments about a show. A setlist can be disappointing but that's not be a comment on how well U2 played.

Axver said:

:lol:

Here's what I'd prefer:

Miss Sarajevo
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Crumbs From Your Table
-- break ---
Zoo Station
The Fly
11 O'clock Tick Tock
--- break ---
Electrical Storm
Gloria
Yahweh
Bad / 40

(with All Because Of You second after Vertigo)

No Acrobat?? :wink:

O boys, o boys.

Do I have to step in between here and play the strict school teacher?

Or are we going to behave like grown up man?
And leave it as it is?
Which I actually thought you two (U2 LOL) where already doing.

Last edited:
Axver said:

I'll reiterate a point made by Niceman earlier: some people don;t seem to understand that comments about a setlist are not comments about a show. A setlist can be disappointing but that's not be a comment on how well U2 played.
thats just a contradiction though, because to have the best show, you need the setlist to flow without problems,

oh well sorry i dont agree with what people moan about

KUEFC09U2 said:
axver sorry to keep going on, but what if people actually DO like that setlist? do you not think its slighty unfair that your pretty much demanding that something they like should be changed?

and comments like "U2 get your fcuking act together dont really sound like a "request" to be honest"

I like most of it. It just has some points that need to be ironed out!

And U2 DO need to get their act together. There's no excuse for cheating fans out of a song (or in today's case, two).

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats just a contradiction though, because to have the best show, you need the setlist to flow without problems,

Yep, and Axver doesn't think that this setlist has the best flow it could have.

KUEFC09U2 said:

I saw the Finn Brothers on 2005-07-22 and their set didn't have nearly the flow of U2's - they certainly didn't have a section like LAPOE/SBS/Bullet/RTSS - but the quality of the performance was so great that I felt the show was absolutely superb.

There's a big difference between the quality of a performance and the quality of a setlist. I'm sure U2 play Fly and WOWY exceptionally - they just shouldn't be consecutive songs!

U2Man said:

Yep, and Axver doesn't think that this setlist has the best flow it could have.
oh right so never mind the people at the show? the people who are sat behind the computers are the ones that count right? gotcha

U2Man said:

That would be sooooo cool, actually :wink:

Damn right it would be! :rockon:

While we're at it, forget ISHFWILF, let's play Heartland! :drool:

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh right so never mind the people at the show? the people who are sat behind the computers are the ones that count right? gotcha

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Every single person's opinion counts - and Axver has a right to say what he thinks of this setlist.

Btw. How can you know about what the people at the show thinks? Gotcha.

KUEF, I think you've somewhat missed my point. I'm not saying U2 are playing bad, and I'm not saying the people at the show aren't having a great time or anything like that.

I simply think some enhancements are in order.

Nice to see that nothing have changed at these setlist parties :wink: Still the same arguement

yimou said:
Nice to see that nothing have changed at these setlist parties :wink: Still the same arguement

:wink:

Sovende_engler.jpg

U2Man said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Every single person's opinion counts - and Axver has a right to say what he thinks of this setlist.

Btw. How can you know about what the people at the show thinks? Gotcha.
i dont, for all i know it could have been the worse show in the world, which could have been full of mistakes, etc

and the performance of the band imo is more important than the setlist because thats what creates the show

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if U2 played exactly the same set every night if it were so exceptional that it deserved to be played every night. Like how I have no problem with LAPOE/SBS/Bullet/MS. Sure, it's really predictable when you're sitting here and maybe a bit boring for us, but it's so great that they should keep doing it!

So I'm not complaining about it being static, certainly not.

Axver said:
KUEF, I think you've somewhat missed my point. I'm not saying U2 are playing bad, and I'm not saying the people at the show aren't having a great time or anything like that.

I simply think some enhancements are in order.
but explain why? if the band are playing great, the people at the show are going through their best U2 concert, then whats the problem? adding a couple of songs that some "die hards" are desparate to hear?

When is the next setlist party?
Friday right?
Does that mean it's already Wednesday today?
Darn, this weeks flies.
Baby slow down....
Any way, the south of France awaits us.(Not that I'm really heading there. Although that would be nice).
I'm predicting: no rain snippets!!

KUEFC09U2 said:
i dont, for all i know it could have been the worse show in the world, which could have been full of mistakes, etc

and the performance of the band imo is more important than the setlist because thats what creates the show

Well to that I will say that with the songs U2 play, the static setlists they put out, they damn well better get it right each night. Faults can be tolerated if you experiment, not when you are going through the same routine night after night after night.....

Last comment of the night. Goodnight.

KUEFC09U2 said:
but explain why? if the band are playing great, the people at the show are going through their best U2 concert, then whats the problem? adding a couple of songs that some "die hards" are desparate to hear?

The performance has nothing to do with whether or not the setlist could be better. Can we stop bringing that up? I really don't care how well the band have or haven't played. I'm discussing the nature of the set.

And I'm definitely not advocating just bringing in songs the diehards are desperate to hear. Electrical Storm was a hit single in many countries! It's not as if it's obscure.

Axver said:
I honestly wouldn't give a shit if U2 played exactly the same set every night if it were so exceptional that it deserved to be played every night. Like how I have no problem with LAPOE/SBS/Bullet/MS. Sure, it's really predictable when you're sitting here and maybe a bit boring for us, but it's so great that they should keep doing it!

So I'm not complaining about it being static, certainly not.
and i understand that, but people DO actually like that setlist. and hearing comments like THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT etc when people do like the flow of it. oh i dunno, just take a sign to the show or petition them

Axver said:

The performance has nothing to do with whether or not the setlist could be better. Can we stop bringing that up? I really don't care how well the band have or haven't played. I'm discussing the nature of the set.

And I'm definitely not advocating just bringing in songs the diehards are desperate to hear. Electrical Storm was a hit single in many countries! It's not as if it's obscure.
not many people will remember it here in the UK?

KUEFC09U2 said:
and i understand that, but people DO actually like that setlist. and hearing comments like THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT etc when people do like the flow of it. oh i dunno, just take a sign to the show or petition them

Who likes Fly --> WOWY? Who thinks that's got a good flow? You may love the individual songs (as I do), but having them follow each other is not good setlisting.

And come on, Vertigo II is just cheating the crowd out of another song. They've already heard Vertigo! Why not play Bad or 40 or Walk On?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom