October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^We've been discussing this lately and nothing's been revealed as of yet. Dan and I are looking for stuff in Pasedena as neither of us will have a car.

FYI

There are some seats available on TM at this very moment for anyone looking.....

$96 were the ones I pulled up.....

Section 14-H
Row 61
Seats 126
Description PRICE LEVEL 2, North Side Seating, Reserved Seating

FYI

There are some seats available on TM at this very moment for anyone looking.....

$96 were the ones I pulled up.....

Section 14-H
Row 61
Seats 126
Description PRICE LEVEL 2, North Side Seating, Reserved Seating

Yeah, I saw that . . . Thought about it but, siince I'll be by myself, I'm holding out GA's (even if they end up being scalped ones :( )

Yeah, I saw that . . . Thought about it but, siince I'll be by myself, I'm holding out GA's (even if they end up being scalped ones :( )

Yeah, keep checking! Did you already sign up on U2tours yahoo group site?? If not, post a message and keep checking there as well. I'll keep an eye out for you while I'm looking for a Vegas GA.

Yeah, keep checking! Did you already sign up on U2tours yahoo group site?? If not, post a message and keep checking there as well. I'll keep an eye out for you while I'm looking for a Vegas GA.

Nope, actually I haven't signed up, but I'll check it out. I'm looking for Vegas GAs for a few people as well.

I don't mind paying a bit more for a ticket, but $300+ for something that was $60 or so is a bit excessive. I got absolutely hosed by scalpers during the Vertigo tour, so I try to avoid them when possible.

Nope, actually I haven't signed up, but I'll check it out. I'm looking for Vegas GAs for a few people as well.

I don't mind paying a bit more for a ticket, but $300+ for something that was $60 or so is a bit excessive. I got absolutely hosed by scalpers during the Vertigo tour, so I try to avoid them when possible.

Ouch that is steep! Definitely hope you don't have to go that route!

We'll keep our hopes up for some GA ticket drops or Interferencer connections.

I'm not sure if this has been posted already - if so I apologize.

I spoke to the Rose Bowl folks this afternoon to ask about public transportation to the concert. The woman I talked to said there will be buses and shuttles from various Pasadena locations and Metro stations to the event. She told me that all this information will be available the week of the concert.

I have never been to the Rose Bowl but I understand the parking there is pretty bad. So you might want to keep this in mind as an option.

I went onto Hotwire tonight and found a 2 1/2 star hotel in Pasadena for $69. It seems to be within 4 miles of the rose bowl, just off the 210. Can someone tell me, would I be able to call a cab (or have the hotel do it) at, say, 6am and take me to the Rose Bowl?

On travelocity - Comfort Inn near OldTown Pasadena (3.41 miles from the Rose Bowl) for $95/night. :hmm:

I went onto Hotwire tonight and found a 2 1/2 star hotel in Pasadena for $69. It seems to be within 4 miles of the rose bowl, just off the 210. Can someone tell me, would I be able to call a cab (or have the hotel do it) at, say, 6am and take me to the Rose Bowl?

Were you looking at that Travelodge or Ramada? I was trying to guage if it was actually walkable, lol.

There's always a cab company running that early in the morning I suppose. I just googled pasadena cab companies, and it would appear there are a few options.

On Hotwire they won't tell you until you actually pay. That always makes me nervous. I won't be walking so distance isn't THAT much of an issue. I want to be w/in 5 miles so the cab won't cost a fortune or take forever in the morning.

I'm checking out kayak.com -- based on that price and distance, it's probably either Travelodge, Ramada or EconoLodge. If I end up staying at one of these (or close), I might just be able to drop you off -- but then I'd still have to figure out how to get myself there :huh:

Oh thanks. I don't mind taking a cab. But I mean, if you were right there...
But I don't think I'll do Priceline or Hotwire. I just like knowing what I'm getting... but then again, it's only one night and maybe the easier the better. ACK!!!!!

Where's Dan? :waiting:

okay, okay...i'm here

i don't think anything in the area is within walking distance. cab ride, yes....but from everything i've seen, the closest hotels are a mile-and-a-half from the stadium and i'm not even sure if it's a smooth walk going west on colorado because of the freeway

i got denied on priceline again last night for a 3.5 star upscale hotel, which are all the hotels near the pasadena conference center (i should have done this two months ago!!!). they gave me the option to lower my star level to 3, i cant even find 3 star hotels in the designated area...they are all on huntington drive in monrovia on the other side of santa anita. i'd be PISSED if priceline stuck me there.

there are a bunch of 2-star hotels on colorado blvd, which are 4+ miles away...that may be the best option at this point

-dan

^ I wouldn't recommend walking into the Rose Bowl either, no matter how close.

I've posted some parking info. for the old town pasadena area, in case people do the hotels in this area. Just wish we knew for sure that shuttle service would be available in this area, although it sounds like a very strong possibility, especially from the actual parking structures (i.e., Parsons Garage) and the metro stations.

Old Pasadena : Maps and Parking

http://www.oldpasadena.org/docs/OPParkingValet_Map.pdf

A directory map of Old Town....

http://www.oldpasadena.org/docs/OPDirectoryMap_Spring2009.pdf

I still haven't decided if I'm parking at the Rose Bowl or using a lot??? I like the idea of having my car on-site to load it up w/things from the day, etc. etc. I was tempted to park far out at an exit, so it may be a bit easier to get out, just a bit....and if it helps zooropa I'm coming up the 210, I don't mind picking up a bunch of blue crackheads.

The car stuff and rides sounds like it will pan out, it sounds like there are plenty of us that will stick together and help out. It's the hotels you need to work on! Keep trying and if you have any questions, I can try to help as much as possible.

I still haven't decided if I'm parking at the Rose Bowl or using a lot??? I like the idea of having my car on-site to load it up w/things from the day, etc. etc. I was tempted to park far out at an exit, so it may be a bit easier to get out, just a bit....and if it helps zooropa I'm coming up the 210, I don't mind picking up a bunch of blue crackheads.

The car stuff and rides sounds like it will pan out, it sounds like there are plenty of us that will stick together and help out. It's the hotels you need to work on! Keep trying and if you have any questions, I can try to help as much as possible.

Thanks for the links. I assume the Rose Bowl lot won't be open until mid/late afternoon . . . anyone know for sure?

Thanks for all your help, nicv (and Dev). I don't remember - do you have GA, RZ or seats? When are you planning on getting to the Rose Bowl?

Hey, Mysterious Ways, do you care if you're staying at the same place as other interferers? I'm going to try to figure this out with Dan tonight (since we're traveling from Vegas together) and if you PM me your number I can call you tonight or tomorrow. Or I can just PM you when we decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom