October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I called Parsons ParPark and they said the same thing; 4 hours prior to the event.

However, this parking structure Welcome to ParPark is open 24 hrs and it is usually $7 if you get there EARLY....later in the day, it will go up to $30+

I'm going to call the Manager in about an hour, he is at lunch...which is something I was supposed to be doing. You guys owe me.:lol:

Ok, so there are a few different structures operated by Parsons ParPark, but it looks like this one would be our best bet (Carlos correct me if I'm mistaken):

ParPark East Annex
75 N. Fair Oaks Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103

This is located in Old Town Pasadena, which is super close to the Rosebowl. If you google this address it will pop up the Old Town area and may help with hotel planning, etc., etc.

If anyone has booked hotels already (I know there were a few that did share a while back), could you please share or share again for those still planning.....:wink:

Also, it's been a while since I have been there, but I recall for games, the lot opens around 10am?? Anyone else know??? I will also try to find out more in the next week. Thanks again Carlos for all of your calling....I'll get you some fries for that burger :hug:

Thank you!!!

I'm staying at the Westin in Pasadena. I'm planning on walking the 2 miles to/from the stadium. I checked out the walking route on Google Earth's street view and it looks doable (there's sidewalks :up:).

looked at the prices of this place - too rich for my blood :reject: The Ramada is looking better all the time. :huh: What do y'all think? It'd be nice to have a place with a heated pool and a bar onsite but :shrug:

Hilton Pasadena $125 with tax 2.8 miles away. looks nice.

http://www.kingstonpasadena.com/ 5.5 miles away from the Rose Bowl

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/PASPHHF-Hilton-Pasadena-California/index.do

looked at the prices of this place - too rich for my blood :reject: The Ramada is looking better all the time. :huh: What do y'all think? It'd be nice to have a place with a heated pool and a bar onsite but :shrug:

Hilton Pasadena $109 before tax??? 2.8 miles away. looks nice.

Hilton would be nice, price isn't too bad either. It is also in the Old Town Pasadena area. If I remember correctly, mtnfox booked at the Sheraton, I think that is near the Hilton as well and of course the Old Town Pub is not too far.....just saying. The Ramada would be nice too :) That would be my ballpark, hard to justify me booking an expensive room when I live 25 miles away, but I am just looking ahead, in case I don't want to drive home :drunk: I mean, if I'm too tired :shifty:

I am holding out for another week on my room decision, I have some calls in to some people :shifty: to see what they can do for me :wink: I'll post any info I come up with that may be helpful to you all.

just curious....has anybody booked anything anywhere?

it would be nice if there were an official-unofficial hotel.

-dan

I'm still not sure what to do myself. I'm still looking at Ramada or Econolodge, but if I'm splitting the bill with someone else, just about anything else is fine.

a suite would awesome, but i couldn't find any that had a reasonable price tag

-dan

I've posted this info before but figured the info could be bumped:

We're staying at the Pasadena Sheraton, which I was able to get for $69 on Priceline. There is a great website, Priceline and Hotwire Forum which can help you zero in on a particular hotel or part of the city. Read the faqs there and ask questions if you're not sure how to do it - they are very helpful in those forums.

:wave:

Carlos, are you going to drive to Pasadena the night before the show? And then drive home that night? Or do you want to crash with us that night? Do you have GA? And NICV, sounds like you're looking to spend the night the night before too. PARTY!

I've posted this info before but figured the info could be bumped:

We're staying at the Pasadena Sheraton, which I was able to get for $69 on Priceline. There is a great website, Priceline and Hotwire Forum which can help you zero in on a particular hotel or part of the city. Read the faqs there and ask questions if you're not sure how to do it - they are very helpful in those forums.

:wave:

Awesome - good price. I'll look that up too.
Seems it's still impossible to pick the actual hotel on Priceline or Hotwire. Sheraton is $150ish ($142 if you pay up front and get 2 beds) on travelocity and orbitz. Hey girls, let me know if you want to share a room at Sheraton or Hilton. WHY is this decision so difficult?!?!?! :banghead:

Whatever room you guys/gals get...make sure it's a suite...more room.

:beer:

Awesome - good price. I'll look that up too.
Seems it's still impossible to pick the actual hotel on Priceline or Hotwire. Sheraton is $150ish ($142 if you pay up front and get 2 beds) on travelocity and orbitz. Hey girls, let me know if you want to share a room at Sheraton or Hilton. WHY is this decision so difficult?!?!?! :banghead:

I'm game for the party suite :up:

btw me thinks Sheraton beds are dreamy zzzzzzzzzzz

I don't think the whole getting Sheraton cheap through Priceline thing is going to work anymore (though I'm really a Priceline novice :reject: ) -- I'm starting to lean toward the Ramada myself.

^ lol. Maybe you can find someone to share with you for a night or something. (Carlos said he'd pitch in if you let him sleep in the tub in your room somewhere) :wink:

Looks like nicv and I will probably be sharing a room so we can get something a little nicer and if there's a restaurant/bar in the hotel where we stay (or near by) a "mellow" gathering of Blue Crackers on the 24th sounds good.

Maryann, I haven't really thought about it. I have my Nana :cute: that lives 20 mins from Pasadena and I was thinking of probably crashing there the night prior, after any possible gathering happening in Pasadena.
:hmm:

dunno, I'm up for ideas.

The Hummer thing sound good. lol

Maryann, I haven't really thought about it. I have my Nana :cute: that lives 20 mins from Pasadena and I was thinking of probably crashing there the night prior, after any possible gathering happening in Pasadena.

dunno, I'm up for ideas.

No Hummer :angry:
You could at least come up(?) (out? over?) for dinner / drinks.

eta: :ohmy: we almost need a new thread!

The Hilton for $120 (through Expedia, Hotels.com) isn't looking so bad -- I just wish they'd tell you for sure whether you were getting a king bed or two doubles.

dunno, I'm up for ideas.

awwwwww, I :heart: Nana's.....I miss mine :sad: Nana's are the best! She'll feed you and spoil you and pinch your cheeks :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom