October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of stuck as to what else to do in LA by myself without feeling pathetic!

I third the museum suggestions and I'll add Griffith Park. What are you interested in? Lots of hiking areas, outdoor activities. Shopping?

Also, October is a huge concert month here for some frustrating reason. You might want to check out Ticketmaster or StubHub. I have tickets for another show that week that I'll probably have to give up.

I third the museum suggestions and I'll add Griffith Park. What are you interested in? Lots of hiking areas, outdoor activities. Shopping?

Also, October is a huge concert month here for some frustrating reason. You might want to check out Ticketmaster or StubHub. I have tickets for another show that week that I'll probably have to give up.

I was actually at Griffith Park once, which I did enjoy if I remember correctly. I suppose I could always opt to have my mid-life crisis while still in my twenties . . . and spend all my time at Disneyland :|

Yeah, I'll be scoping out Tickmaster, ebay, Stub Hub, etc plenty for GA's, before I willingly cough up the $300 or so that scalpers are demanding.

Is Stub Hub a reliable safe way to buy tickets? I have never used it before.

Yes, completely.
I have purchased several tickets there.

A+

I'll second this. Also, when you order stuff from them, they give you a 24 hour hotline number to call if there are probs with your ticket. Not sure what they could do if your ticket didn't scan at the gate or something but the fact that you could at least talk to someone is reassuring.

Via Stub-Hub I bought RHCP at the Forum a year or two back; the seller rescinded the deal and Stub-Hub initiated the refund for me; they also directed me to 4 similar tickets across the venue which I bought at nearly the same price...very helpful!

Is Stub Hub a reliable safe way to buy tickets? I have never used it before.

They're probably the overall safest bet. I also like Ticketliquidator.com and ticketsnow.com. I've never had a bad ticket experience with Ebay so far. . .

I guess I should use the term "like" loosely -- at the end of the day, they're still forums for scalping.

Cool 4 shows!! I hear you for '10, I'm holding out that they will be back and I will definitely travel to catch another show or two!

I knew I had to get multiple shows. I remember what I felt like after seeing them the first time and I wound up paying scalpers waaaaaay too much money to see them again. Figured I'd do it up right this time. Let's just say I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Oh my gosh, I just saw your sig.....I'm so jealous.........6 shows :drool:

Very cool! At least you do not have to wait too much longer for the first, I have two, whole, loooooooong months :hyper:

i'm very lucky it's fitting with our payroll schedule or i'd be SOL

two months is nothing...i remember when i started the countdown and we made a big deal because chicago hit the 100 day milestone.

-dan

I knew I had to get multiple shows. I remember what I felt like after seeing them the first time and I wound up paying scalpers waaaaaay too much money to see them again. Figured I'd do it up right this time. Let's just say I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy.

I totally understand what you are saying! I wish I hopped on the Vegas bandwagon earlier, I am now on the hunt for a single GA. I won't stress though, I am thankful to make it to LA.

i'm very lucky it's fitting with our payroll schedule or i'd be SOL

two months is nothing...i remember when i started the countdown and we made a big deal because chicago hit the 100 day milestone.

-dan

Yup, paydays and concert planning go hand in hand! I am sure the next two months will fly and I'll be hanging out here to get my fixes until then!

I might have missed this -- anyone have any good hotel tips? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to stay in Pasadena or if elsewhere in LA would be better. I'll have a rental car, but he parking situation around the Rose Bowl has me confused -- especially if I'll (hopefully) be lining up early for GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom