Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sticking with Lis Doon Varna. If you go to their website and read their background, sounds like it may be a good place for us single people :heart::heart:

I noticed that about being a good place for single people. Wish it were closer to where I live!

And yes-McFaddens is in Westgate. Here's the link:
Glendale

They have a strict dress code at this place.

McFadden's Saloon Dress Code:

No Hats (Only on Home Games)
No Beanies
No Bandanas
No Tank Tops
No Plain Tees
No Sleeveless Shirts
No Big Chains, Jewelry, etc.
Jerseys can only be worn on Gamedays
No Workboots
No Baggy Clothes
No Weapons

But the food sounds goods :drool:

The dress code reminded me of school :lol:

6-7 sounds good to me, 7-8 may even be better, I'm not sure when I'll be done with my friend's family, I know they wanted to take us out as well since it's her birthday and all and they haven't seen her in awhile. We'll probably be there around 7 if we can.

If you have my number you can tx or call me to let me know where everyone is, where ya'll sitting and all. :)

They have a strict dress code at this place.

McFadden's Saloon Dress Code:

No Hats (Only on Home Games)
No Beanies
No Bandanas
No Tank Tops
No Plain Tees
No Sleeveless Shirts
No Big Chains, Jewelry, etc.
Jerseys can only be worn on Gamedays
No Workboots
No Baggy Clothes
No Weapons

But the food sounds goods :drool:

Sounds like this place can get rowdy

Or maybe even dangerous! :hmm:

:yikes: Does sound like it.

hmm maybe a backup place for just in case?

I know I'm being weenie.:reject: I just never really been to a "bar" yet, and I get uncomfortable when things get to "rowdy" etc.:reject:

it's sounds like a club, not so much a bar. the worst thing about one of those is the feeling that you don't fit in and your clothes aren't stylish enough:wink:

Ok....there is a huge difference between Lis Doon Varna and McFadden's.....as mentioned before McFadden's is more of a club/hip bar atmosphere and Lis Doon Varna is more of an old time restaurant/pub. I go to Lis Doon Varna monthly to watch the McMorrow's play Irish music. It's an absolutely fantastic time singing, clapping, and chugging down a pint of Harp's (or sometimes a black and tan). McFaddens is just to the north of the stadium and is a quick walk across the parking lot from the Hampton. Either way, it should be a good time, but Lis Doon Varna is the much more laid-back, have a good time type of place.

Ok, I think it would be best for "most" of us to have somewhere in Glendale near the Hampton etc since most of us are staying there.

I just need a confirmed place and time here so I can let my friend know and she can let her family know who wants to do something us before hand. We're coming from out of state and we don't have a car to drive everywhere.

it's sounds like a club, not so much a bar. the worst thing about one of those is the feeling that you don't fit in and your clothes aren't stylish enough:wink:

I never been the club type, I probably sound prude or something. It just never been my thing, but bars and what not I'm new to, since I Just turned 21 this year and I really don't go out to any anyways unless I'm invited which is rare and I'm not much of a drinker:reject:.

I don't mine a laid back type of place where you can have a drink or two kick back and have a good time with some friends and somewhere that has an option if you don't want a "drink". I just not one for really "loud" or roity places. Maybe because I'm not use to it and don't get out much, who knows :shrug:

Ok....there is a huge difference between Lis Doon Varna and McFadden's.....as mentioned before McFadden's is more of a club/hip bar atmosphere and Lis Doon Varna is more of an old time restaurant/pub. I go to Lis Doon Varna monthly to watch the McMorrow's play Irish music. It's an absolutely fantastic time singing, clapping, and chugging down a pint of Harp's (or sometimes a black and tan). McFaddens is just to the north of the stadium and is a quick walk across the parking lot from the Hampton. Either way, it should be a good time, but Lis Doon Varna is the much more laid-back, have a good time type of place.

:up: :up: Thanx for the info!

Lis Doon Varna is the place for me!

That would leave me and my friend out than if we do Lis Doon Varna since we don't have a car or anything since we're coming from out of state and can't afford a rental car.

I would prefer anywhere in west gate Maragritaville, McFaddens, etc.

I'm sure someone could pick you up. I don't think I'm going to the gathering, but plenty of people will be driving. Just ask. There's lots of nice people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom