No offense to anybody here but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
gary coleman was standing behind chizip when he held up that sign.

:tsk: for shame

hehe...that's better than the Onion thread :wink:

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Im not playing any sarcasm game with you, I never even addressed you in my post. You find it funny or ironic that my request to play has not been granted, thats basically what you said.

I never said I found your signs funny, I simply repeated what I was told by tour staff, which was that numerous signs waved in front of them bugs them after a while.

You are exagerrating re: Pittsburgh, because I do have a loud voice and Im pretty sure that if I was as obnoxious as you said I was for half the show, somoene else wouldve told me to shut the fuck up. The few calls I did make (sorry if YO bothers you, its pretty common) didnt seem to bother Bono, as he pointed right at me, said 'nice shirt' to my Bob Marley shirt and a few other things that happened that night. Im pretty sure I forgot my sign in the car that night..in fact Im sure of it because it is perfectly clean and undamaged as opposed to my other 2 which are practically destroyed..(do you know what it said?) - Mark had a sign I beleive...Our Church...

Anyways....this is exactly what the orig poster is complaining about...fans arguing over who got what acknowledgment and who's experience was better than the others... :tsk:

PS Im just pissy cause I have no Cleveland ticket yet :(

Last edited:
:firstrowofonlookersgetsplastictarptoholdoverheadstostayclean:

:wink:

I agree CHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

But I blame Bono more fot his nonsense then his fans who are obliging him, or vice versa.

I am tired of seeing female fans onstage - it is very NOT rock and roll.

my 2 cents

Good lord Gabe :crack:

I never implied that you not getting on stage to play guitar was funny, not sure where you are getting that from. :shrug:

As I said, I was glad you got pulled up in Detroit. Not sure what part of that part didn't come across loud and clear at the time and now...

As for which sign you had in Pittsburgh (not that it matters). I believe it was one on cardboard that said Me + Guitar = Wild Horses or something like that. I didn't say anything to you about the yo's it was because they were funny in your persistance and guess what? As you mentioned, you did succeed in getting his attention. :up: I think I did give you a skank eye at some point, but you ignored it and I shrugged it off. :lol:

PS: Glad you are taking you are taking your pissy-ness of not having a ticket on me :happy:

Last edited:
Well I think I owe you an apology...just reread what you wrote

I thought you were meaning that Ive been asking them to let me play;.....and they dont...

But in hindsight i think you were saying they could just ignore me but they dont

which of course means two different things the latter totally not a dig...

so i misunderstood...

sorry to have misunderstood...and taken it somewhere unnecessary..

:|

gabrielvox said:
Well I think I owe you an apology...just reread what you wrote

:|

Had a feeling you had read something wrong :)

No worries. Damn internet! :madwife:

Last edited:
Well, no one will ever convince me that bringing a sign that says something along the lines of "No more Vertigo x 2" isn't done for a good cause. :grumpy:

Maybe the next tour whoever likes to bring signs should support the band instead of asking for something. Like, Thank you for your words and songs, COEXIST, etc:hmm:

:yes:

See the text in my signature :happy:

But it's a fan action, therefore kind of lame :sad:

:wink:

Miroslava said:
Guess I won't be bringing our Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooofooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sign with multiple sheets of oooooooooos to spread across my group and willing neighbors after all cause it's stupid... :(

Anyway... I agree to a point about the dancing girls, and I have been there... It amazes me to see just how many people walk in with a mentality of "ooooooooooh I NEED to get up there or the show just won't be the same for me" or how people just assume that if you have been up there you are dying to do it again. Yes, some girls are (and believe you me, I roll my eyes as much as the next person when I hear/read that), but not all of us do (although dancing with Adam... that's another thing :wink:) I've pretty much started to ignore the "dancing girls thread" cause I did not like the direction it started to take a few weeks ago...

On the other hand, yes I do bring signs. For quite a few shows now I have been harrasing Adam with dumb little signs printed on 8 by 11.5 pieces of paper that only he can read and half the time the people around me dont even see them and then ask me what the hell I had done to get Adam to stop and "talk". If he had ever given me the impression that he did not enjoy that, trust me, those signs would be HISTORY. Last thing I want to do is become one ot the fans that they get tired of seeing time after time after time.

As far as the fan action ones... there honestly have not been that many. The Portland one, well that sort of fell on my lap. Someone suggested we do something for Portland and you all know me and my bossy ways :uhoh: Someone had to take the lead, though the idea of doing something for the band at that show was not mine...

Don't know what I am trying to say. Other than, there is a way to strike a balance :shrug: I always walk into a U2 show with one expectation, which is that I am going to experience an AWESOME show. Nothing more, nothing else.

Meh.

PS: Oh and Chip yes, you're cranky :sexywink:

:ohmy: Good thread Chip. Hey Miro was ther really gals fighting to get on stage????!!!!:lol: What night was that? I did notice you have not been posting in the Dancing Girls thread, do you mind sharing with me why? I thought the gals where getting a bit over dramatic myself. I am still happy for them though. It seems to be the center of there world so it can't be that bad. One more question...What were some of the reactions you got from Adam with the signs?:blahblah:

Carmelu2fan said:

:ohmy: Good thread Chip. Hey Miro was ther really gals fighting to get on stage????!!!!:lol: What night was that? I did notice you have not been posting in the Dancing Girls thread, do you mind sharing with me why? I thought the gals where getting a bit over dramatic myself. I am still happy for them though. It seems to be the center of there world so it can't be that bad. One more question...What were some of the reactions you got from Adam with the signs?:blahblah:

This was in Boston, not sure which night. Someone posted about it... let me see here:

Imarocker said:
:rant:
the GA "lottery" is a JOKE, last nite I get there at 7:10 & they aren't even SCANNING anymore. I thought this was supposed to go on until at least 8 to give EVERY fan a chance for the ellipse. Some of us do have lives and can't afford to waste a day waiting around in line.
A good show none the less, even had a couple of girls slugging it out in front of me, one of them got a good right cross in. :)

As for the rest, I think I will just leave it at that if you don't mind... :) I know I have posted some of the more comical Adam things here and there in Pleba and I know you have read them... you can email me if you'd like :D

gabrielvox said:

PS Im just pissy cause I have no Cleveland ticket yet :(

:hug:

See what I mean about how I felt when I was ripping on ETS the other day?

And I was also in front of you in Pitt and you didn't bother me at all, you and Mark crack me up! I'd rather stand by you guys than pretty much all the other people I've ended up near on this tour (except Interferencers, they've all rocked).

Thank you Miro, I am going to search Pleaba now:wave:
Oh, yeah I do remember you telling me about Adam winking and smiling at you!! I still think we should try to get a dance in Portland:wink: J/K

[pleba]Well that man winks and smiles at EVERYBODY... he's such a good flirt :drool:[/pleba]

Eh, it goes a bit further than that (but for the record, not where I am deluded into anything. I am fully aware the man probably thinks I am insane :lol: ). Just email me ;)

Utoo said:
Honestly, folks, we're all crackheads. And not "blue crackheads" in a good way. Look at us---we all post a dozen or more times a day and debate stuff that--honestly, in the big picture of it all--is pretty much meaningless. Some folks spend half their savings (or all of it) and halt their lives to follow the band on tour. Others get nothing accomplished at work because of checking the boards every five minutes looking for a reply or to play in a game. Still others (mainly girls, I've noticed, hoping to get up on stage) get more dressed up for a concert than they would for a wedding. Some get in heated arguments with people that they've never seen before because of discussions on a forum. Yet more feel that they deserve tickets, especially GA, or that they deserve to have U2 play in their hometown, for whatever littany of reasons.

Flame away, but we're all nuts. I'm not really talking about anyone or anything in particular, and I fully acknowledge that I am a nut, too. We're all a bit off.

I guess it says something about the power of U2's music.. :shrug: Or just that we're all social deviants. :wink:

:up:
Sad but true :sad:

Honestly, folks, we're all crackheads. And not "blue crackheads" in a good way. Look at us---we all post a dozen or more times a day and debate stuff that--honestly, in the big picture of it all--is pretty much meaningless. Some folks spend half their savings (or all of it) and halt their lives to follow the band on tour. Others get nothing accomplished at work because of checking the boards every five minutes looking for a reply or to play in a game. Still others (mainly girls, I've noticed, hoping to get up on stage) get more dressed up for a concert than they would for a wedding. Some get in heated arguments with people that they've never seen before because of discussions on a forum. Yet more feel that they deserve tickets, especially GA, or that they deserve to have U2 play in their hometown, for whatever littany of reasons.

I do realize I'm an insane crackhead, U2-wise. But insanely obsessive over U2 is okay (within reason, of course). But let's call an asshole an asshole and agree that there are "fans" that are assholes. There's just no reason to be a jerk.

If you're pushing your way up to the front, pulling someone away from the stage so they don't get to go up, picking a fight with someone, being an obnoxious drunk, then you're an asshole.

I just want to say it again, because I don't think I've ever typed a post with so many uses of the word "asshole" before: asshole.

And lest anyone misread me or want to attack me with a giant flame-thrower, I'm not talking about anyone here. Unless you're one of those people described above. :sexywink:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

I do realize I'm an insane crackhead, U2-wise. But insanely obsessive over U2 is okay (within reason, of course). But let's call an asshole an asshole and agree that there are "fans" that are assholes. There's just no reason to be a jerk.

If you're pushing your way up to the front, pulling someone away from the stage so they don't get to go up, picking a fight with someone, being an obnoxious drunk, then you're an asshole.

I just want to say it again, because I don't think I've ever typed a post with so many uses of the word "asshole" before: asshole.

And lest anyone misread me or want to attack me with a giant flame-thrower, I'm not talking about anyone here. Unless you're one of those people described above. :sexywink:

Hey, you're spot-on with that one. :yes:

And there's nothin' like some U2 Crackhead lovin'! :heart: :love:

hehe....you said "asshole" :cute:

You know, I was thinking about making a guitar sign or a sign for Bono or something, seeing as this is my one and only GA experience for this tour, but you know what? I decided not to worry about it, I just wanna enjoy the concert. If I make eye contact with someone from the band I'd consider that a dream come true, really, I don't need them to read a sign. Just to acknowledge my existence would make me happy, but first and foremost I'm going for the music. I'm also going to drive six hours there and wait in the freezing cold all day - and I'm only 5'1", so if anyone thinks they're gonna shove ME out of the way, they're going to want to wear an eyepatch the next day :happy:

But eyepatches are hardcore. ARR!!! :pirate:

we need a pirate smilie.

Anyway, I really don't have a problem with signs (as long as they're not blocking people's view for long) or fan action (which I don't think has really been done as much as people think it has), assuming it's not excessive. However, something like a girl pushing someone out of the way that Bono wanted to pull up on stage... :| quite frankly that disgusts me. There is absolutely no good reason for that. If people are fighting, there's a problem. Wasn't it Bono who said many many years ago that there'd be no fighting at a U2 show? I swear I have a bootleg somewhere of him making some speech about it, it's from like the War or UF tour I think...maybe even before that...

I think the pushing and having huge signs and holding them up a hundred times and the girls who NEED to get up on stage are just as annoying as the next person. At the end of the day we're all there to have fun and if we get some interaction with the band, hey, even better.

I had a pretty decent sized sign when I got Larry's stick during Elevation, but I only held it up three times total during the entire show and I didn't even have to hold it up at the very end because he was already making a beeline for myself and Kristina. :sexywink: They see them, they read them. We don't need to bombard them with them.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom