NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many "OOOOOOHHHHHHH"

Just listened to the album 1 time, so very fresh.... I like it, seems like an album that needs a few days to be digested (like AB, ZOOROPA, POP) but something annoys me.... and I wanted to know if you also noticed it.
There are so many "OOHHHHHHH or OUHHHHHHHH" all over the place. I'm really not a fan of those.
Anyway, the album is great and a few songs are incredible, but I had to say something negative about it....:D

There's too many Baby lyrics in Achtung Baby.

I don't really care, because the melodies are much better than the last two albums.

Too many? Maybe.

Do they work in context? Yes, all of them.

Opinions, of course.

I kind of follow you there.
There are lot of those.
And Bono shouts. A lot. And his voice sounds raither strained sometimes ....

Hmmm... I dunno know if I'll hate this later on.

:huh:

m35873-25.jpg

Ohhh! Ohhhh! OHHHH!

First impressions?

Breathe is tits.

Crazy Tonight sounds like ABBA.

That's it for now.

but something annoys me.... and I wanted to know if you also noticed it.
There are so many "OOHHHHHHH or OUHHHHHHHH" all over the place. I'm really not a fan of those.
Anyway, the album is great and a few songs are incredible, but I had to say something negative about it....:D

Hello? Are you new to U2?:huh:

could you please explain what a transcode is....

When you take the original 256 kbps files and reencode them at 320 kbps. Therefore you will have a "fake" 320 kbps file. File size, bitrate and everything will match a 320 kbps file, but sound quality will still be 256 or even worse because of the reencode.

Whaaa??? Not one song on here is darker than Zooropa. Zooropa was the darkest the band has gotten.

I'm a huge zooropa fan, but there was definitely a "playfulness" to Zooropa that is absent on some of the darkest songs on NLOTH. That doesn't make them better or worse, but to say that Zooropa is universally darker than anything on NLOTH is a little bit silly.

Fez-Being Born and Cedars of Lebanon are pretty fucking dark.

When you take the original 256 kbps files and reencode them at 320 kbps. Therefore you will have a "fake" 320 kbps file. File size, bitrate and everything will match a 320 kbps file, but sound quality will still be 256 or even worse because of the reencode.

Since every time you encode you lose information the transcode/reencode should sound worse or at best, no better.

1. NLOTH- 8/10
2. Magnificent 9/10
3. Mos 7.5/10
4. UC 8/10
5. IGCIIDGCT 8/10
6. GOYB 8/10
7. STC 7.5/10
8 FBB 5.5/10
9. WAS 7/10
10. Breathe 7.5/10
11. COL 5/10

Overall- B-

Since every time you encode you lose information the transcode/reencode should sound worse or at best, no better.

Exactly. You compress again every time you reencode. Everyone should just stick to the original 256 kbps files until they can make their own from the phyisical album.

mos 7.5 r u kiddin me??? i give it 11:applaud: its better than any arcade fire song and i am huge fan

I'd say POP was darker what ever the hell that means :wink:

Pop is their darkest album.

AB is a close second.

NLOTH to me is a mix of light and dark, just how the B-man described it. Songs like Magnificent and Breathe are among the most uplifting U2 has ever done, while Cedars and Winter are tear-jerkers.

good job U2.

I am astoundingly blown away by this album, but I have one question:

How the hell is Bono gonna sing these live? Unlike bomb, for me, I'm eager to hear almost ALL of these songs live. Some of them sound like songs that will really, really strain his voice during the tour. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom