NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER CREATED BY THE HANDS OF MAN!!!!! :combust: THOSE FOUR YEARS WERE NOT JUST WORTH THE WAIT, BUT I BELIEVE THIS ALBUM IS SO GOOD THAT IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN VAULTS FOREVER! THE HUMAN MIND SIMPLY CANNOT COMPREHEND HOW BRILLIANT THIS IS!!!!

NO LINE ON THE HORIZON IS SONIC PERFECTION, JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, BUT IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAY. :drool: BONO'S FALSETTO IS BACK, BABY!

MAGNIFICENT IS BETTER THAN THE TITLE COULD HAVE EVER MADE IT OUT TO BE. IT'S LIKE GOD HIMSELF NOT ONLY WALKED INTO THE ROOM, BUT GAVE THEM THE CHORD PROGRESSION.

MOMENT OF SURRENDER MADE ME CURL UP ON THE FLOOR IN THE FETAL POSITION AND SOB FOR HOURS. I MISSED THE REST OF THE ALBUM, SO I HAD TO GET UP AND START IT OVER. THAT'S THE ONLY THING I REMOTELY DISLIKE ABOUT THIS SONG; IT ALWAYS MAKES ME CURL UP ON THE FLOOR IN THE FETAL POSITION AND SOB LIKE AN INFANT FOR HOURS.

UNKNOWN CALLER IS SO GOOD, I WANT TO CALL EVERYONE I KNOW AND TELL THEM THAT THE EDGE IS ON FIRE. :rockon: THE GUITAR SOLO WAS SWEETER THAN THE MOST SACCHARIN-INFUSED NECTAR IN HEAVEN.

I'LL GO CRAZY IF I DON'T GO CRAZY TONIGHT IS LIKE HAVING A THREESOME WITH SCARLETT JOHANNSON AND SALMA HAYEK ON ECSTASY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE MUSIC, BUT IT'S JUST THAT GOOD.

Get On Your Boots sucks. The lyrics are idiotic, and, moreover, I'm bored with it.

STAND UP COMEDY IS SO GOOD, LED ZEPPELIN WOULD HAVE TO STEAL THE BEST NOTE FROM EACH OF THE GREATEST BLUES SONGS EVER CREATED TO MATCH ITS GLORIOUS MAJESTY.

FEZ - BEING BORN IS BY FAR THE MOST CREATIVE AND CHALLENGING SONG EVER CREATED!!!! EVEN THOUGH THEY CHOSE A LOUSY SONG LIKE BOOTS, THEY WAY THEY TOOK THE SOUNDS FROM ONE SONG AND REUSED THEM ELSEWHERE WAS AMAZING!!! I'VE NEVER HEARD SUCH A THING! ONLY U2 COULD COME UP WITH SOMETHING SO INGENIUS.

WHITE AS SNOW IS ONE OF THE MOST GUT-WRENCHINGLY BEAUTIFUL THINGS I'VE EVER HEARD. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME EVERY WAKING HOUR OF MY LIFE SO FAR TO CRAFT SUCH A BRILLIANT MELODY, BUT BONO PROBABLY WROTE IT IN 5 MINUTES! I LOVE THIS BAND.

BREATHE IS THE GREATEST ROCK SONG I'VE EVER HEARD. IT'S LIKE THE ESSENCE OF ROCK N' ROLL WAS ADDED TO A BOTTLE OF POWERJUICE, AND U2 IS DRUNK ON IT.

CEDARS OF LEBANON WAS SO DARK AND PERSONAL, IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS THERE, WAKING UP WITH BONO WITH HIS CLOTHES IN A DIRTY HEAP. WHAT A GLORIOUS FEELING. AND ALBUM.

I'M HONESTLY SURPRISED THAT MY COMPUTER HASN'T ALREADY EXPLODED FROM HOW AMAZING THIS IS! ONLY A TOTAL DOUCHEBAG WITH NO TASTE WHATSOEVER WOULD DISLIKE EVEN .000000000000001% OF THIS ALBUM!!!!

too funny!

Have only listened to it once, but dear god, good stuff on the horizon:

No Line On The Horizon: 7/10 - Better than the alternate version. Not the best vocals ever IMO, but much better suiting for the melody.

Magnificent: 8/10 - Awesome guitar-work, but perhaps a bit too long (what the hell am I saying) since not all that much happens. Will have to listen more to get a more exact opinion, but it's a good song with great vocals and melody.

Moment of Surrender: 10/10 - Alot of people thought they would be disappointed by this one because of the gigantic hype but it lives up to it. Not heard a song with so much soul since One, and that was god-damn 18 years ago. Great vocal duo by Bono and The Edge on this one as well.

Unknown Caller: 8/10 - More unique than I thought it would be. Great small sounds you can hear sometimes in the backgrounds, which I personally love. There are some classic Edge-solos there as well, so it's not all new. Good song.

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight: 9/10 - Perhaps I'm just a sucker for happy songs but what a great single this will be! Strong vocals, and even if the short clips pointed towards a "safe" song, it enters some uncharted islands after the first two verses and choruses.

Get On Your Boots: 6/10 - Pretty weak comparing to the first 5, but still an average song. Surprises you with its build up.

Stand Up Comedy: 7/10 - Great chorus, and great vocals. The Edge jumps in instantly with a 70's guitar-sound and begins rather boring before really rocking out towards the end. Will need to hear more times.

FEZ-Being Born: 5/10 - FEZ is really just a short, experimental tune. Good for an experimental, but nothing I feel right now that I could like. Being Born is a song which reminds me very much of The Unforgettable Fire (the song), with a very similiar instrumental and chord-progession but with slow vocals. Don't really like the slow vocals, but it's okay I guess. Quite experimental as well.

White As Snow: 8/10 - Beautiful ballad, probably puts a tear to many eyes. Don't know much what to think about the lyrics, but it has a great melody and variety.

Breathe: 9/10 - NLOTH's rocking again! Awesome vocals, awesome guitar, awesome drums, awesome bass. You get the drill. Breathe's not asking for any mercy, it kicks mercy's ass.

Cedars Of Lebanon: 5/10 - I don't ask for much when it comes to last songs, so this one's okay (Yahweh was awesome, though) but not much happens. They add some chiming guitar-sounds and stuff in the end (one sound really reminds me of All I Want Is You) but it takes more to carry this song any further than mediocre.

That's just first-time listen, so this'll probably change. Right now, this is how this album stands and it's one heck of an album.

The first 3 tracks are incredible. The chorus in Unknown Caller is almost funny (in a bad way). "Crazy Tonight" I'm still not too...crazy about. I was really expecting a party song/"Somebody Told Me" type of song. That's as far as I've gone so far.

Have only listened to it once, but dear god, good stuff on the horizon:

Moment of Surrender: 10/10 - Alot of people thought they would be disappointed by this one because of the gigantic hype but it lives up to it. Not heard a song with so much soul since One, and that was god-damn 18 years ago. Great vocal duo by Bono and The Edge on this one as well.

That's just first-time listen, so this'll probably change. Right now, this is how this album stands and it's one heck of an album.

MOS is my favorite right off the bat. Amazing soulful song. Great lyrics and vocal from Bono. HIs vocal style caught me off guard based on the clips. Edge's restrained solo is beautiful. Love it!

wow, just listened to the whole thing. love every song....FEZ is a grower...great music but didn't really get into it on first listen. sure that will change.

everything else sounds great. gonna listen again :wave:

Ok, after 5 sessions I can say it does the same to me as
when the first times I heard Achtung Baby.
It could've been named Achtung Horizon if it were up to me
(and the little squicky voice inside my head)

Bah us naughty Aussies.

No tour leg for us now :angry:

No - hopefully we'll just banished to the end of the tour and get the quirky new stuff that no-one else got...
* 6 Rattle & Hum songs mixed into a Joshua Tree set (1989)
* 1/2 of Zooropa mixed into an Achtung Baby set (1993)
* Mix of ATYCLB and Vertigo sets and a few new ones thrown in. (2006)

White as snow is my least fav at the moment. The 45 sec clips promised so much.

My first listen was at 1am this morning (Central) and my second listen was in the truck on the way to work this morning so I haven't had a lot of time with it. But my first impression is that No Line on the Horizon is everything I hate about ATYCLB and everything I LOVE about Pop all mixed in to one....thus far. And ATYCLB isn't as bad as a lot of people say (incl. me at times) so this is pretty damn good.

I'm loving it. Unknown Caller is a mix of testing new waters along with a huge sing a long. Moment Of Surrender...speechless - heart string song without the cheesiness. Fez/Being Born (they still know how to experiment well), Breathe and Cedars tie up this album and make it the most complete piece since Pop.

No Line On The Horizon Appreciation Thread

What a great album, U2 have pulled out another trick.. Bono and Edge are ''actually'' on fire! And so is Adam

But really what is the most amazing thing is the production.. So much better than the previous two albums

Woo Hoo!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom