NLOTH 30 Second Walmart Clips - DISCUSSION THREAD - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My big disappointment is Cedars... Lebanon is such a lovely small country, their people simply have a love affair with their nation. I have always tought that it would be a melodic, emotional soft piece about a place that has been through rough times over the last 50 years...

Cedars of Lebanon is also a biblical reference too.

Don't know if you caught it, but WaltDisney (our very own album listening party-goer) came by and said that with the exceptions of NLOTH, IGCIIDGCT, and to a lesser extent Breathe and SUC, these clips are essentially totally unrepresentative. Every other song goes to a completely different place.

So it sounds like - besides those couple - we really did get totally unrepresentative (but IMHO totally tantalizing) samples.
:heart:

Does NLOTH still move along at a breathtaking pace? I thought this one was fast. Any thoughts?

All members can search now, so you could go to his profile and under statistics you can search for all his posts, or just click on his username on any of his posts and get his posts that way.

Does NLOTH still move along at a breathtaking pace? I thought this one was fast. Any thoughts?

if you listen to the end of the clip you can hear larry and edge start to kick it up a notch. so it seems to be gaining steam

breathe kind of reminds me of how Bono starts out Fly on the elevation tour "lights go down in a sports hall...light and motion....light and motion"

Anyway, this does remind me of when u2.com was 'hacked' in its infancy back in the fall of 2000 and we got to hear the 30 second clips from ATYCLB for the first time. I played those things to death. If I remember correctly, the 30 second clip for Beautiful Day was the outro(what you don't have, you don't need it now, etc).

:lol: I remember all 11 of those ATYCLB snippets to this day...

Oh my, I really can't wait. :hyper:

I'm not pre-ordering this time. Took the day off to go where ever and get it that day.:up:
I remember 2004. I didn't get it untill a week after from Amazon, even though I downloaded the leaks, I wanted my U2 in hand. :hyper:
I will have it this time. :wink:

I can't remember the stand up comedy clip well, but was it most likely the chorus? This is in relation to Walt's description of the song referenced on the previous page.

The more I let the clips sink in the less excited I am. It seems to me that not nearly all the songs will be experimental (based on the clips). It's in no way as big a departure as AB from R&H. Not even close.

The more I let the clips sink in the less excited I am. It seems to me that not nearly all the songs will be experimental (based on the clips). It's in no way as big a departure as AB from R&H. Not even close.

keep in mind Walt said most of them aren't really indicative of the songs.

I don't think it will be as big as a departure as R&H to AB either, but was anyone really expecting that? I think it will be different enough. The production is already miles ahead of HTDAAB.

based on the clips alone I think No Line, Moment of Surrender, Fez, and White as Snow will be the most different from 00's U2. Crazy Tonight is very 00's and Magnificent is just classic U2, which imo is a good thing...I do want U2 to sound like U2 sometimes!

It's a departure in that it could be a vast improvement from da bomb. Thats MORE than enough of a departure. If the music is good, who really gives a shit? Well, many of you, but personally, I want good music, legendary music, magnificent tunes and epic music. Nothing more.

Lyrics from each clip:

No Line On The Horizon

One day she's still
The next she swells
You can hear the universe in her sea shells
Oh yeah
Ah wah ah ah oh oooooh

No, no line on the horizon
No, no line

I know...

Magnificent

Magnificent...

Oh, oh...magnificent...

Moment Of Surrender

[Instrumental]

Unknown Caller

Sunshine, sunshine...

Sunshine, sunshine...

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

...Her little hips
Every beauty needs to go out
With an idiot
How can you stand next to the truth
And not see it?
Oh, change your heart
Come slow

It's not a hill
It's a mountain
As you start out the climb

Get On Your Boots

...Laughter is eternity
If joy is real

You don't know how...beautiful
You don't know how beautiful you are
(You don't know)
You don't know how...beautiful
(And you don't get it, do you?)
You don't know how beautiful you are

Stand Up Comedy

...Dictator of the heart
I can stand up for hope, faith, love
While I'm getting over seventy

Stop helping God across the road like a little old lady

(Ooh ooh ooh ooh)
(Ooh ooh ooh ooh)

Out from under your bed...

Fez - Being Born

[Instrumental]

White As Snow

...I came from there were no hills at all
The land was flat
The highway straight and wide
My brother and I would drive for hours
Like the years instead of...

Breathe

...I need you to know
Three
Coming from a long line of traveling sales people on my mother's side
I wasn't going to buy just anyone's cockatoo
So why would I invite a complete stranger into my home?
Would you?

These days are better than that
These days are better than that

Cedars Of Lebanon

Woke up in my clothes
In a dirty heap
Spent the night
Trying to make a deadline
Squeeze their complicated lives
Into a simple headline

I have your face
In an old polaroid
Tidy in the children's clothes and toys
You're smiling back at me
I took the photo from the...

I just unconciously try to convince myself everything will suck so I can't be let down.

And does Cedars of Lebanon remind anyone else of Roger Waters' solo stuff?

I think its time you declared yourself off the forum. That way you wont need to be let down when every one takes the piss out of you.

Lyrics from each clip:

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

...Her little hips
Every beauty needs to go out
With an idiot
How can you stand next to the truth
And not see it?
Oh, change your heart
Come slow

It's not a hill
It's a mountain
As you start out the cry