NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think $160Mil for Danny Dimes was a good idea in the spring, I think it less a good idea today.

My week 1 fantasy football team was down pretty badly and had an awful week going into MNF. I was down like by 10 with Gabe Davis and Tyler Bass going up against Josh Allen.

Literally pick. Pick. Fumble. 50 yarder for Bass (exactly 50 yards). 3-and-out OT and a punt return TD to seal the deal. I won by 0.8 points lmao.

i lost my office fantasy game by 0.7 points.

i had the Bills defense and the Jets kicker.

took a small lead, less than a point, after the Jets took the lead late in regulation. would have won if that doink had gone in the opposite direction. alas - only way i could lose in overtime is if the Jets won on a touchdown, and, well... yep.

I'm not a Jets fan, but living in the NY Metro area, I've always followed them. This Rogers' injury is terrible for the league. He's a freakin' legend now playing for a NY area team. People were actually close to giving a shit about the Jets. Their franchise seems forever doomed. I definitely got a Vinny T flashback from 1999.

What's sad, and this is coming from someone who lives in the Green Bay area and has been sick of Rodger's attitude and lack of clutch ability in the playoffs for year, is that Rodgers really seemed to be rejuvenated by the change as well. Was in really good shape and seemed to have a bit of a new, fresh attitude. I also appreciate how he mostly left graciously too. It could have been a lot worse.

So I definitely wasn't "happy" that he got injured as I'm less bitter about him leaving and more bitter about the fact that we don't have more rings from his tenure.

My week 1 fantasy football team was down pretty badly and had an awful week going into MNF. I was down like by 10 with Gabe Davis and Tyler Bass going up against Josh Allen.

Literally pick. Pick. Fumble. 50 yarder for Bass (exactly 50 yards). 3-and-out OT and a punt return TD to seal the deal. I won by 0.8 points lmao.

i lost my office fantasy game by 0.7 points.

i had the Bills defense and the Jets kicker.

took a small lead, less than a point, after the Jets took the lead late in regulation. would have won if that doink had gone in the opposite direction. alas - only way i could lose in overtime is if the Jets won on a touchdown, and, well... yep.

Some incredible (the bad way) fantasy QB performances this week.
On top of Wroggers' Blutarskian effort, you had Dobbs (who nobody in their right mind rostered let alone play) at 0.98, Tannehill (also nobody in their right mind...) at 2.42, and then guys who lots of folks started like Burrow at 3.18, Danny Dimes at 4.46, Dak at 6.32 (in a 40-0 win!), Lamar at 6.56 and Josh Allen leading this pack at 9.04.

Woof.

Mac F'in Jones was the #2 fantasy QB this week. Welcome to Bizarro World.

Another marginal cost of the Rodgers injury is having a bunch of talking heads speculate about Brady coming out of retirement (again). "If I'm the Jets GM, I'm on the phone with Brady's agent right now!" JFC.

Some incredible (the bad way) fantasy QB performances this week.

On top of Wroggers' Blutarskian effort, you had Dobbs (who nobody in their right mind rostered let alone play) at 0.98, Tannehill (also nobody in their right mind...) at 2.42, and then guys who lots of folks started like Burrow at 3.18, Danny Dimes at 4.46, Dak at 6.32 (in a 40-0 win!), Lamar at 6.56 and Josh Allen leading this pack at 9.04.

Woof.

Mac F'in Jones was the #2 fantasy QB this week. Welcome to Bizarro World.

I won with Joe Burrow, that’s the best part. The single worst performing QB in terms of xpt - pt I’m sure.

this could also be true.

likely somewhere in the middle - the giants aren't good, but not as bad as they looked last night... the cowboys are good, but not as good as the giants made them look.

honestly i thought they looked great on that opening drive until the damn rookie center muffed the snap, and it just snowballed from there.
Nah they suck

ain’t over yet!
who-wouldve-thought-not-me.gif

Attachments

• who-wouldve-thought-not-me.jpg
    who-wouldve-thought-not-me.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
70 points from the Dolphins without Jaylen Waddle. Can't believe the start to this season. I just hope they don't burn out in December/January.

So has a coach ever been fired after a road win?
Cause Brandon "He's no Dawn" Staley should be,
The Vikings happened to out-stupid the Superchargers after converting 4th down then having a leisurely gathering on the field while the clock ran down, but it doesn't take away that Staley's 4th down call from his own 24 is a fire-able offense.

Also, anyone remember when Joe Gibbs came out of retirement and the game had passed him by and he should have stayed playing race cars? I think Sean Payton remembers.

Makes the Patriots defensive performance look pretty damn good.

If they had an offense they could have won.

For some reason the Patriots defense always ends up #1 in fantasy points and yet, come draft, they’re always ranked 15+ and I snag them very late. I do not understand who sits and determine the predicts for that, but they’re almost always wrong. Since the departure of Brady, the team is winning games because of the defensive system put forward.

Back
Top Bottom