NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joe Flacco over Damar Hamlin for comeback player of the year has to be a sick joke.
If you remove all emotion from it, it's the right call. Hamlin barely played and Flacco led a team to the playoffs.

But, uh, yea - hard to exactly remove emotion from a guy literally dying on the field and coming all the way back to actually play.

And Hamlin got the most first place votes, too. Baffling that he didn't win

Holy shitbags, the Chiefs won again. The first half was lackluster, but the ending made up for it.
agreed.

great ending, even though Andy Reid tried to give it away by not calling a timeout at the end of overtime.

also seems like the 49ers didn't know the new OT rules. i mean, i didn't realize the rules changed, either, but i don't play in the NFL so, ya know, seems like something they should have known. maybe their coach could have kept the new rules written under his hat.

Chiefs are a full on dynasty. there's zero reason why they can't also win it next year. Kelce is an all time great. Mahomes is an absolute legend. I never thought we'd see someone who could legitimately challenge Brady for GOAT status so quickly, yet here we are. he's got some work left to do - but he's certainly got a hell of a great start.

agreed.

great ending, even though Andy Reid tried to give it away by not calling a timeout at the end of overtime.

also seems like the 49ers didn't know the new OT rules. i mean, i didn't realize the rules changed, either, but i don't play in the NFL so, ya know, seems like something they should have known. maybe their coach could have kept the new rules written under his hat.

Chiefs are a full on dynasty. there's zero reason why they can't also win it next year. Kelce is an all time great. Mahomes is an absolute legend. I never thought we'd see someone who could legitimately challenge Brady for GOAT status so quickly, yet here we are. he's got some work left to do - but he's certainly got a hell of a great start.
So we were all yelling at the TV at Andy Reid not calling a timeout. Looked into it further and if the clock had run out, they would have actually just changed sides and they would have started the 2nd quarter of OT. Both teams have to have 1 full possession no matter what.

So we were all yelling at the TV at Andy Reid not calling a timeout. Looked into it further and if the clock had run out, they would have actually just changed sides and they would have started the 2nd quarter of OT. Both teams have to have 1 full possession no matter what.
Yea I'm just realizing that now, which is... weird. Why have a clock at that point? Just do it like college.

Either way CBS did an awful job of explaining it. I thought it was Andy Reid having an Andy Reid clock management issue, but turns out it was a Shanahan big game fuck up.

I picked the wrong coach meme.

Yea I'm just realizing that now, which is... weird. Why have a clock at that point? Just do it like college.

Either way CBS did an awful job of explaining it. I thought it was Andy Reid having an Andy Reid clock management issue, but turns out it was a Shanahan big game **** up.

I picked the wrong coach meme.
Oh for sure. I guess Romo finally explained the clock thing with like 1 minute left but we were all so loud and drunk at the party that no one heard it.

And for sure, I would always want the ball 2nd with these rules. It's the most risk free decision to make right there.

It's crazy because Shanahan is such a good coach but continues to fail in the big moments.

not sure why i posted this when i was walking home drunk from the bar lol... it was a pretty good game in the end. congrats to the chiefs.

enjoying the litany of excuses coming from the 49ers and their fans this morning, as usual. they can never accept that they were simply beaten by a better team, it's truly pathetic. i really cannot wait until they go back to being trash.

usher just doesn't have enough universally known hits to pull it off. the last third was better than the beginning - but the best moments involved artist who weren't named Usher.

i'm not sure why they didn't tap into Vegas more - whether that was at halftime or pre game.

how were the killers, or at minimum brandon flowers, not involved in anything?

not sure why i posted this when i was walking home drunk from the bar lol... it was a pretty good game in the end. congrats to the chiefs.

enjoying the litany of excuses coming from the 49ers and their fans this morning, as usual. they can never accept that they were simply beaten by a better team, it's truly pathetic. i really cannot wait until they go back to being trash.
Coach Kyle really struggles with his playcalling. Chiefs were on the ropes in the 3rd Q and 49ers decide to throw 9 straight times vs running the ball with the offensive player of the year....

I wonder if the game went into double OT, if they would have had a 2-minute warning at the end of that quarter. I'm not sure how long these new OT rules are gonna last. I was finally getting used to the old "new" rules. Lol! The Niners played their butts off. It sucks to lose but the effort was there to win and they nearly pulled it off. Mahomes will never ever have to buy a meal in KC again. Lol!

which running back would you rather have...

RB1
4.2 ypc rushing
4 TDs
1 fumble
6.4 ypc receiving
$5 million per year
avg. 16.5 games played per season over last 4 years

RB2
3.9 ypc rushing
6 TDs
2 fumbles
6.8 ypc receiving
$15.8 million per year
avg. 11.25 games played per season over last 4 years

oh, and fuck tiki barber.

I've never liked Tiki Barber. In fact, I laughed that he retired the year before the Giants won the Superb Owl in 2007.

I've never liked Tiki Barber. In fact, I laughed that he retired the year before the Giants won the Superb Owl in 2007.
he's an absolute tool. he was a fumble machine until tom coughlin came around and fixed it, and then all he did was shit on coughlin, and shit on eli on his way out the door... only to watch the Giants win the Super Bowl the next year.

he is the absolute last former Giant I want to hear chiming in about how somebody else is "dead" to Giants fans.

Tiki Barber is dead to Giants fans.

Back
Top Bottom