NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams 6-3
Cardinals 6-3
Seahawks 6-3
49ers 4-6

Eagles 3-5-1
Giants 3-7
Washington 2-7
Cowboys 2-7

And we saw why Bill O'Brien was fired in Houston, Bad as his coaching was, trading Hopkins for a running back was a fireable offense.

Especially a Running Back who would have been eligible for Comeback Player of the Year more than one over a 3 year span.

This is an extremely wet game

Very appropriate to have all those people out there in the beginning of winter with that rain

Will end well I’m sure

Eagles 3-5-1
Giants 3-7
Washington 2-7
Cowboys 2-7

I don't see what the issue is

Just looking at the remaining schedules for the NFC East teams, I don't see any of them getting more than 6 wins. Obviously anything can happen, but I think 6-10 takes the division (I don't think the Eagles can find 3 wins in their schedule to get to 6-9-1).
Giants actually look to have the clearest path to the division...so therefore expect Dallas to win it.

Seriously though... that the Eagles have a tie on their record may be the only thing that puts them over the top. Giants probably need to get to 7 wins, and that'll be difficult with this roster.

I'm quote happy with the job Joe Judge is doing regardless. The team plays hard every week and has had a chance to win in the 4th quarter in every game outside of the 49ers. And with this roster, that's a hell of accomplishment.

It's so much more fun watching this team than it was watching the teams at the end of Eli's time when they had significantly better skill players but gave zero fucks about the offensive line.

Seriously though... that the Eagles have a tie on their record may be the only thing that puts them over the top. Giants probably need to get to 7 wins, and that'll be difficult with this roster.

But the Eagles' schedule is tough...

@ CLE
vs SEA
@ GB
vs NO
@ AZ
@ DAL
vs WAS

I see them likely favored in just 1 of those games. They have to turn a lot of things around to get 3 wins out of that schedule.

Dolphins next 3: @Broncos, Bengals, @Jets. Then: Chiefs, Patriots, @Raiders, @Bills.

They should get to 9-3, but of course it's the NFL and we saw the Jaguars nearly beat the Packers in Lambeau, so they could slip up.

The AFC playoff picture is wild. The Ravens fell to the 7th seed, Dolphins 6th, Raiders 5th currently. All based on tiebreakers. And there are other 3-loss teams on the outside.

I'm quote happy with the job Joe Judge is doing regardless. The team plays hard every week and has had a chance to win in the 4th quarter in every game outside of the 49ers. And with this roster, that's a hell of accomplishment.

It's so much more fun watching this team than it was watching the teams at the end of Eli's time when they had significantly better skill players but gave zero fucks about the offensive line.

They’re actually trying and the point differentials in losses are shrinking. Obviously plenty of room for improvement but with any luck Judge keeps the team moving up so they can... court Arch in a few years

Damn. That's one of those you remember forever if you win big. Went the other way for my buddy and kept his 4-teamer alive with Baltimore -7 as the final leg. He ended up hedging and being glad he did.

so yesterday was a good day regardless... but was that catch away from being one of those amazing days where everything hits and you remember it for years.

on top of my normal straight bets i put three parlays out - one for the 4 early games, one for the 4 late games, and one 8 team parlay with all of them combined. (btw - i know it was because of the masters but the way the games were scheduled yesterday was phenomenal and i hope they consider doing it that way again vs. having most of the games at 1 and only a couple at 4... anyways).

the early parlay hit when detroit hit that last second field goal... so i was already way up for the day and anything else would have been gravy. when buffalo scored late i started playing around in my head that i just paid for my next vegas bankroll (whenever the hell that may be)... i had just finished adding up the three combined payouts when murray flung it towards the endzone.

ah well... i'd be a lot angrier if not for the early game hit. that took some of the STING out of things.

Just looking at the remaining schedules for the NFC East teams, I don't see any of them getting more than 6 wins. Obviously anything can happen, but I think 6-10 takes the division (I don't think the Eagles can find 3 wins in their schedule to get to 6-9-1).
Giants actually look to have the clearest path to the division...so therefore expect Dallas to win it.

I legitimately believe it's going to be the Giants. They seem to be pulling their shit together.

People can disagree with me all they want, and that's fine, but the second Alex Smith was healthy, I can't imagine on what planet it made sense to have him not starting this season. I think Washington would be AT LEAST .500 if Smith started the whole season. Even then, I'm even more boggled by the fact that it took Kyle Allen getting hurt for Smith to get the start. Once Haskins was gone, that should've been it.

I think the DC Footballers were hesitant to actually play Smith cause of a fear of re-injuring that leg (not from Smith, from the organization) and something catastrophic happening to him and there being major negative publicity for the organization. That's the only thing that keeps him on the bench if he's deemed healthy.

I feel that in a sense, but at this point, it's very clear to me if you are a DC Football team QB, you have about a 25% chance of catastrophically injuring your leg. You knew what you signed up for. :shame:

My understanding of Haskins getting kicked to the curb had a lot more to do with his off-the-field attitude. Obviously there is someone on this board that could speak much better to that topic than me, but my assumption was that the benching is only for this lost season as a lesson to him. Not sure if that's exactly the case or not, but I don't think they see themselves in a necessary tank mode for a new QB, either.

I don't understand why they think the possibility of winning the division when that have zero chance of winning the superb owl is worth just tossing Haskins to the curb. And I'm not a Haskins fan.

I have similar questions for the Miami DolphiN7s

I’m not sure these situations are comparable at all. The DolpiN7s have a rookie top pick coming off an injury and they’ve got a history of fostering their QB draft into a losing environment. The Dolphins are showing there’s absolutely no rush and Tua will get games but won’t just be assumed from the get go as having full responsibility of the team.

I’m not sure these situations are comparable at all. The DolpiN7s have a rookie top pick coming off an injury and they’ve got a history of fostering their QB draft into a losing environment. The Dolphins are showing there’s absolutely no rush and Tua will get games but won’t just be assumed from the get go as having full responsibility of the team.
I could buy that when Tua was the backup and Fitzpatrick was starting and playing well. But once you commit to replacing FitzMagic with Tua, like they did, I don't see the logic behind benching him because they think they can win more with Fitz.

Once you commit to playing the young QB, you need to ride it out; warts and all. If you don't want to rush him that's perfectly fine and understandable. I would have had zero issue if Tua sat the whole year and let Fitz try and make the playoffs. I just don't like the start stop thing they decided on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom