NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the easy way to answer that is that he was always showing signs of all of these flaws in Carolina. Plus you need to factor in that he’s coming off a career injury. As an athletic QB, that’s a red flag. Were he a pocket passer, his age wouldn’t matter, but he’s currently on the wrong side of 30. He doesn’t otherwise possess the talent as a thrower and never has. I think everything you’re saying is true regarding not having an offense, showing up late to learn, mayhem in 2020, etc etc, and they’re all contributing reasons to his poor performance. But in general, he’s a run-first QB who otherwise makes bad decisions with the ball too often. He’s a career 1:1 on RTD:FUM and a career 3:2 PTD:INT. We can always highlight “that one year” but then again we can do that with Blake Bortles or Jameis Winston.

Just kidding, he’s always been smarter and more responsible with the ball than those two meatheads.

I was only kidding but now that I look at the division standings, if Dallas beats the Giants (reasonable) and otherwise everyone loses all of their remaining non division games, that’ll happen I think.

Wow, the Jets upset the Rams for their first (and probably only) win of the season, and the Pats miss the playoffs.

And in true Jets fashion, they fuck up by winning and drop to #2 in the draft and lose out on Trevor Lawrence unless the Jags beat either the Bears or Colts.
Jets gonna Jets.

And in true Jets fashion, they fuck up by winning and drop to #2 in the draft and lose out on Trevor Lawrence unless the Jags beat either the Bears or Colts.
Jets gonna Jets.

That's the Jets for you. Can't do anything right. Glad I'm a Giants fan. Not that I hate the Jets, but their misfortunes don't really faze me. The '96 team that went 1-15 seems worse than this year's team. Kotite was awful as HC of the NYJ. :wink:

The times they are a changin'. The Browns have double digit wins. On Saturday the Bills win the AFC East for the first time since 1995, the next day the Dolphins eliminate the Patriots before Christmas.

Some things stay the same: the Jets screw everything up and the Falcons continue to blow big first half leads.

The Steelers look so mediocre. Despite only losing by 3 the first game - I don't think the Dolphins can beat the Bills if they don't rest starters, but should they do it, I would so love to get the Steelers in the playoffs. Miami's defense will have Ben dreaming of retirement. There's a real chance Pittsburgh doesn't win another game though and moves to the Wild Card. Imagine the Browns and Bills as division champs in the same year.

The times they are a changin'. The Browns have double digit wins. On Saturday the Bills win the AFC East for the first time since 1995, the next day the Dolphins eliminate the Patriots before Christmas.

Some things stay the same: the Jets screw everything up and the Falcons continue to blow big first half leads.

The Steelers look so mediocre. Despite only losing by 3 the first game - I don't think the Dolphins can beat the Bills if they don't rest starters, but should they do it, I would so love to get the Steelers in the playoffs. Miami's defense will have Ben dreaming of retirement. There's a real chance Pittsburgh doesn't win another game though and moves to the Wild Card. Imagine the Browns and Bills as division champs in the same year.

correction: the falcons continue to blow big SECOND half leads.

fivethirtyeight now has the odds of the chiefs representing the AFC in the superb owl at 36%, which seems really low.

fivethirtyeight now has the odds of the chiefs representing the AFC in the superb owl at 36%, which seems really low.

Yeah that seems quite low.
They can certainly be beaten, but they are the clear favorites.
36% to win the Superb Owl I could maybe see, but their odds to win the AFC should be much higher, especially with only 1 team getting a bye, and its clearly going to be them.

Maybe 538 is taking Covid mayhem uncertainty into consideration? The likelihood of any one team’s rhythm to be disrupted is substantially greater.

I guess they feel the Bills can beat them. Or another team that's getting hot like Colts, Ravens. Titans aren't a gimme. And the Wild Card teams are fairly strong - all will have 12, 11 or 10 wins. An 11 win AFC team can miss the playoffs.

KC beat the Bills by 8, Dolphins by 6 and non-playoff contenders: Chargers by 3, Panthers by 2, Raiders by 4, Broncos by 6.

KC still are most complete and most likely to win.

I don’t know how Minnesota plans to win football games if they’re not willing to put their best player on the field. They seem obsessed with letting Kirk throw the ball on 3rd down and medium, so much so that they will not even send a back out there at all and just have Kirk go straight out of the shotgun.

So they’re doing a hurry up offense when down and they’ve gotten down to the red zone within 5 yards and goal, and they still don’t bring Cook out? 3rd down and 4th down were both perfect run opportunities. It’s almost like they’re obsessed with justifying his awful contract.

I’m not sure that was blown coverage deep. That was Fitzpatrick throwing the ball notably shorter than intended cause his head was being yanked down by the facemask.

Boy am I glad though. That was a good mood booster.

Should I feel bad? The pulling Tua kinda threw me off. I was a bit checked out. I should've been going nuts with the Dolphins winning on perhaps the craziest play in NFL history. One of them, anyway.

I think there’s this old school mentality that you have one QB and playing another is a sign of weakness or a power struggle.

Saints are proving that stupid and I think the Dolphins less so but still, not afraid to rotate.

I think it’s smart on the part of Flores. He’s setting up the future for years to come with Tua, but playing for now as well when a situation calls for a veteran who has been there, done that. Each has a role and understands it, and it’s working.

The NFC East square dance is hilarious as long as the Cowboys also miss the playoffs

NFL should institute a double wildcard rule where if the division winner finishes under .500 they must play the first team out of the wildcard to claim their divisional playoff berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom