NFL 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that play calling was atrocious by Denver. What with the running, lack of taking the FG with time on the clock...

Refs certainly didn't help.

I strongly believe that Denver recovered that fumble. I realize I'm coming from a very biased viewpoint, in this game particularly, but I swear, I really do think Denver recovered that fumble.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the play was initially called down to begin with... personally I think Indy recovered it by virtue of that stupid scrum rule where you can fight for possession (which is stupid because you can visually see when someone gained and then lost possession like in this case)... but I could've sworn I the play called as down. Don't get me wrong... it was a fumble for sure... but I thought Manning & Co. would've forced a quick snap.

Well ill give you that but at the same time... take a look at the Denver schedule and ask yourself if those teams were any good to begin with.

I spent 4 hours in the Milwaukee airport yesterday .... and the Packer game didn't start until the same time as my plane left. :(

I spent 4 hours in the Milwaukee airport yesterday .... and the Packer game didn't start until the same time as my plane left. :(

Doh! It's too bad, other than Finley dying on the field, it was a good ole fashion butt whipping. Considering that the Packers are playing without 6 starters, they looked pretty good.

Also, their next 5 opponents are a combined 9-23 right now. If they win those games like they're supposed to, they'll be 9-2 heading into Thanksgiving.

Reggie Wayne torn ACL. Doug Martin possible labrum tear.

It's just an awful year for injuries in general.

Obviously the Packers go through this every year and probably need to look at their training staff for answers but wow, big names left and right going down.

Supposedly Cutler's injury could be pretty major too.

Shit, if Brady and Peyton both lose on the same weekend, maybe Eli and Big Blue can finally get a W.

Minnesota being awful might have more to do with their chances tonight.

Watching Pittsburgh play yesterday angered me. They've made clear adjustments to their offensive gameplan to account for their dreadful offensive line. The giants, meanwhile, keep trying to bomb the ball down the field as if nothing's wrong, and then wonder why it's not working.

I'm okay with Coughlin coming back next year if he wants to. He deserves it. But fucking Kevin Gilbride needs to go, and sooner rather than later. Thr miracle of the giants success before this season is that they were ever good offensively with this boob calling the shots.

It's just an awful year for injuries in general.

Obviously the Packers go through this every year and probably need to look at their training staff for answers but wow, big names left and right going down.

Supposedly Cutler's injury could be pretty major too.
The Eagles had I believe four torn ACLs in the first two weeks of training camp, the first training camp in 15 years that had been moved from Lehigh. Turf problems were the explanation in a lot of people's minds.

The Eagles had I believe four torn ACLs in the first two weeks of training camp, the first training camp in 15 years that had been moved from Lehigh. Turf problems were the explanation in a lot of people's minds.

Agreed. I've also heard the theory that the lack of tackling in training camp is actually having reverse effects, causing more injuries. Not sure I completely buy it and I'd need to at least see some more research first.

6259b4f.gif

Steelers have not been hit as hard as some other teams, but losing Pouncey on the first possession of the season just did not help. Line was iffy to begin with.

At 2-4 it's still hard to muster up much hope for the year, but, they looked ok yesterday and beating Baltimore is never, ever a bad thing. At the very least, would love to see them crawl to .500 just to make their season interesting. Raiders in Oakland next week.....

I believe a lot of the rash of injuries in all sports has to do with athletes finally getting to the point of being too big, too fast and training too hard for too long. The human body can only handle so much before it breaks. It's at that limit.

I wonder if PED's would help? I'm all for them being legal. :D

I wonder if PED's would help? I'm all for them being legal. :D

HGH perhaps. Gene therapy, eventually. Steroids no. Steroids will make matters worse.

Anyone with any interest in the scientific reasons why athletes can do what they do should really read The Sports Gene by David Epstein. Fascinating stuff for sports nerds.

HGH perhaps. Gene therapy, eventually. Steroids no. Steroids will make matters worse.

Anyone with any interest in the scientific reasons why athletes can do what they do should really read The Sports Gene by David Epstein. Fascinating stuff for sports nerds.

Thanks. I'll check it out on my Nook app.

I guess Jay Cutler and Lance Briggs were both randomly selected for drug tests today. They just can't catch a break!

Minnesota being awful might have more to do with their chances tonight.

Watching Pittsburgh play yesterday angered me. They've made clear adjustments to their offensive gameplan to account for their dreadful offensive line. The giants, meanwhile, keep trying to bomb the ball down the field as if nothing's wrong, and then wonder why it's not working.

I'm okay with Coughlin coming back next year if he wants to. He deserves it. But fucking Kevin Gilbride needs to go, and sooner rather than later. Thr miracle of the giants success before this season is that they were ever good offensively with this boob calling the shots.

I'm with ya. The offense obviously needs to mix it up more. Against Chicago, Jacobs had a solid game rushing for 106 yards and 2 TD's. They have to keep spreading the ball all over the place instead of bombs down the sidelines.

I'm with ya. The offense obviously needs to mix it up more. Against Chicago, Jacobs had a solid game rushing for 106 yards and 2 TD's. They have to keep spreading the ball all over the place instead of bombs down the sidelines.

As long as it's not to Victor Cruz tonight.

Back
Top Bottom